How will MoP/stats rebalance effect the 70 bracket?

I know there are lots of people who enjoy playing certain characters specifically for the 70 game, there a several guilds on my server dedicated to it and I myself even have one. I was just wondering what possible effects MoP will have on the 70 bracket/game. Does the new talent system effect us much at all? And if it does, how exactly is it.

Deleted
    Well we can just wait and see the results.
    Atm i see many people putting efforts for Mop to success and i also have hope that perhaps we will start enjoy this game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, with the new system you'll auto-learn several abilities for your class/spec automagically. Some abilities which used to be talents in the old system, too.
    And since you're stoppin' at 70, you'll have only a limited number of talentpoints to spend. 4 outta 6, it seems.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/game/mis...-calculator#ZZ!

See for yourself, just look at the list of abilities/talent-choices you'll be getting, and remove everything above 70?

As a LVL 70 Fury Warrior for instance, it seems I wont be getting Intervene, Shattering Throw, Mastery, Collossus Smash, Heroic Leap, Rallying Cry or War Banner...

... nor will I be able to pick one of Mass Spell Reflection / Safeguard / Vigilance , or Deadly Calm / Bloodbath / Storm Bolt .
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Unfortunately, I don't think that Blizzard will really put a lot of thought into PvP brackets below 90. That, after all, is "when it counts." At least that's the impression I seem to get sometimes.

Only base ability it seems my 70 rogue will lose is Shiv (72 now) and Shadowdance (80 now). And we actually gain an AOE, as of right now sub 70 rogues have no fan of knives....so it seems rogues are actually not that much effected. Considering we still have 4/6 talents to choose I think this might be better than I expected.

So basically the difference between a 70 rogue now and a 70 rogue in the new expansion..

We gain
    AOE - fan of knives

We lose -
    Shiv
    Shadowdance
    And have to pick from Prep and Shadowstep....but then again even rogues at 90 have to pick...so thats not specific to the 70's.

At the end I think this works out okay!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there ya go then. :V
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Well there ya go then. :V
    I was a little worried that the new talents would ruin my 70 rogue.... Hopefully the talents dont change too much by the time its live.

Well if everything is crushed down linearly. It shouldn't affect it too much. You might lose 30% hp and damage and stats, but considering what a 70 can do right now, that's not such a terrible proposition.