First OC, results and feedback wanted.

I'll start off with my pc specs, or at least the ones that matter.

CPU: i7 950 (3.07 ghz)
    Mainboard: GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 2.0)
    Memory: Corsair Dominator 8gb 1333mhz
    CPU Cooler: scythe mugen rev b
    Case: NZXT Phantom big tower

After a whole night of trial and error (basicly because of my inexperience with overclocking) i managed to get it to 4,0ghz with a 20x200mhz and 1.3v

Below i'll post some bios pictures wich i had to take with my phone, everything important should be included and quality should be good enough to read the stats.

As you can see temps are idling around 40'ish degrees, and i've used intelburn to stress the system wich resulted in temperatures of 85-90 degrees on very high settings.
    When i started i used prime95 to stress the system, but i,ve found that intelburn can put allot more pressure on the system then prime95, prime95 gave me max temperatures of 75'ish.

After playing mw3 (everything maxxed) for a few hours the max temp was 66, but 55-60 on average.

now that i've reached 4ghz, i'd love to push it a little more, with no real goal in mind, but it should be stable for daily use.
    I know that i most likely wont push it beyond 4,3, especially with my small oc experience, but i'd love some feedback on where i should look next to push it a little further.
    I could just go on and increase the clock a little bit by bit, but i dont want to ignore my other settings like my memory clock, i'm affraid that i'll either overclock my memory to far (1333mhz stock, running at 1600mhz now).

I've read allot of guides on different sites, but i'm looking for your opinion, if you have alot of experience please share some with me to get me on my way.

Thanks in advance,
    Zachie.

You can push it to 1.4V and raise BCLK until n/a.
    But the real problem is that you're already at very high 1.3V and getting 90'ish temperatures.

My advice is - have fun, get some more higher but leave it be at 4G afterwards with these settings.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

I'm going to lower the voltage to the lowest stable setting.
    What should be a safe voltage on the for daily use, without drastically lowering the lifespan of my cpu?
    what idle temperatures would be "safe" (22 degrees ambient)?

edit @ 1.264v now

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 10:45 PM ----------

Is there anyone else that could give me some feedback on op?
    Last edited by zachie; 2012-02-22 at 03:56 PM.

You shouldn't be worried aout idle temps, just the highest load.
    You shouldn't be worried about the lifespan either unless you plan to run it constantly with intelburn/whatever else at 80-100 degrees for months.
    <80 degrees under heavy load is perfectly fine with 22 ambient. You have a little headroom then.

I run mine at 1.25V / 4.01 for 1.5yr now with max load = 86 degrees on one of the cores with 25 ambient.
    Feral4Life since 2005

Temps and current speed are fine, just leave it as is and enjoy the extra speed!

Deleted
    Turn off your Turbo, rest seems fine. Fine tuning for a whole night is a not a lot to get a system stable btw, it can take weeks! :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    Turn off your Turbo, rest seems fine.
    Looking at the screens he did. The non-turbo multiplier is equal to the turbo one.
    Feral4Life since 2005

Deleted
    Ah you are right, I didn't have my eyes open enough.