Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well after beating the bosses up weekly for two months, of course they're going to be getting lower on health and damage. Jeez.

I don't think it should work on heroic to be honest. But, I guess when challenge modes are released next expansion we can forget all this silly arguing.

i dont get it why they nerf it at all LFR <To see Content> Normal Mode <Decent Guilds> HM <Top End Raiders> they should just leave it alone and work on other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    You have your personal view of a serious raider that some posters claim to not share, and that is your view of a serious raider is that of someone that does anything and everything in their power to down a boss because not doing so is simply gimping yourself.

Those that claim the challenge is what they really and truly want DO in fact have that option. Thing is people don't actually believe in this as wholeheartedly as they claim nor can they ever produce a group of people that are likeminded such that they progress in DS without using the handicap. Just because people don't take the choice seriously doesn't mean the choice doesn't exist.

Besides, if there was no option to remove the buff... people would complain that they can and would freely remove the buff and Blizzard gave them no option and that they only care about casuals and blah blah blah.
    No. If people want to do something easy they can do lfr. There should be a ten man easy mode equivalent, too. Should just give us the controls from the start if it's really about giving options.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzil View Post
    I'm sure everyone who's whining about the nerf buff has cleared hc mode already without it... If you don't like easy mode then turn it off because no one else cares.

I love it personally. Bring on the 2 hour one night clears!

10+ Year Old Account
    Queue QQ and comments about "welfare epics"! I'm personally pleased by this, if I ever try out the Raid Finder then it means it'll be quicker and easier to finish. Accessibility is the way forward for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    Queue QQ and comments about "welfare epics"! I'm personally pleased by this, if I ever try out the Raid Finder then it means it'll be quicker and easier to finish. Accessibility is the way forward for WoW.
    The nerfs don't apply to Raid Finder. They're for Normal and Heroic difficulties.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am only 1/8H and I disagree with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    The nerfs don't apply to Raid Finder. They're for Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    That's a bit of a bummer, but I suppose I'll find a way to work with that. It'll be difficult, being diametrically opposed to joining a guild and all...

should just be 4 difficulty levels right from the word go, easy/raidfinder/normal/hard.

that way there isn't this feeling of inadequacy creeping up on the raid/guild when they're racing to clear an instance before blizzard does it for them.

Deleted
    I can only see one logical reason behind nerfing the content this quickly (this won't be the last one ofc):

Blizzard wants us to burn through content faster --> They do not excpect us to play DS for that many months more --> If they do not expect us to not get bored, it means they acknowledge the fact that DS won't last long --> They are prepared to release content SOON (TM) _-_-> WHICH MEANS either a filler-raid for Cataclysm (unlikely, as they have already stated this will be the last patch of the expansion, minus pre-MoP one) OR they are ready to begin Beta stage of MoP a few weeks to a month after march press event.

Either way, this is Blizzard's way of telling us Dragon Soul won't be forever. They have also said that this buff won't ever reach the numbers of ICC (like 50% lol). Can't post links yet, but the blue posts are there, trust me.

8/8HM guild and I approve of the nerf .. makes our farm nights 5% faster

lol @all the wankers claiming glory and shit.

Those with 8/8HC clears don't give a fuck about the nerfs. Content has been cleared, achievement received, they don't really care who come's after them in rankings.
    Those who QQ about the nerfs and with lower progress had a lot of time to do it. They played bad or slow, they were unable to learn to play better but they QQ about a little bit of help. What do you expect? Blizzard to sit and wait for you 1 year until you learn to play?

Me and my guild were 4/8 HC before 1st nerf. We were stuck on Zon'zozz, wiping somewhere between 5 and 10% hp, on boss enrage. The 1st nerf was enough to help us down the tentacles faster, and kill the boss before enrage (and now, after getting more used to the movement and everyone playing better, we do have a comfortable margin). Then we reached Warmaster and the 5% were a good aid for us since we have a bad comp for it (3 melee, 3 ranged). It helps us in P1 and it's still on the edge. Now we are going into Spine. First attempt without any optimizations for burst dps were crappy. We do have this week to measure ourselves against the tendon with only 5% and gear/playstyle optimization. Maybe we would have enjoyed 1 more week before another nerf, but hey, next week is fine too. No qq. It's a game, we had our shot, we are where we are in terms of progress, we had time to be better, we were not, so why the fuck should we QQ about it.
    Last edited by DeusX; 2012-02-23 at 06:48 AM.

i dont hear hardcore players whining about the nerf, and i dont hear casuals whining either. its all the trolls and losers who just wanna talk bak and think they have power.its pretty sad ;>

Quote Originally Posted by swallowtail View Post
    i dont hear hardcore players whining about the nerf, and i dont hear casuals whining either. its all the trolls and losers who just wanna talk bak and think they have power.its pretty sad ;>
    How about those "normal" player; ie: those between hardcore and casual?

Lets hope we can get a filler raid between 30% and MoP, like Halion.
    Last edited by good diu bro; 2012-02-23 at 06:52 AM.
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

get real people. ALL the good guilds have already cleared 8/8 heroic by now, you DON'T see those complaining(I am 6/8 on HC btw). all those people that haven't yet cleared a healthy piece of the content are angry because they can no longer be the special snowflake. get real the buffs themselves don't matter at all, it's all in your mentality

Quote Originally Posted by Loharl View Post
    8/8HM guild and I approve of the nerf .. makes our farm nights 5% faster
    same here beat all the bosses before the nerf, so this just makes everything smoother and faster good change, blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't post on the War Academy thing since no access to US forums, but the entire thread is full of derp.Yes you do take S graveyard, just not too early. Once yellow gate is down and the entire opposing team is controlling that choke, if you don't have South your respawns are too far away compared to your opponent and you will never, ever win the ground war and your demos won't get through.Also, once there's 2 minutes or less remaining, and yellow is down, anyone who dies after that point will not have time to drive a demo all the way to the courtyard, so they're better used running bombs.

Blizzard don't seem to play the game. I've never seen a pug group who wants to turn off a buff, or heard about a guild doing it except for that one LK kill by Paragon. Most servers are dead, you don't have the luxery of choosing group depending on if they play with the buff or not.

I wonder if there are guilds out there without using this buff.I mean, are there still people supporting this idea that "you can just turn it off" ?