Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wish I could figure out why Blizzard is adverse to allowing players to stand out from the crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pissed off that they really tried to allude to a gradual, case-by-case basis for these nerfs.

And instead it's going to be a definitive nerf fest. Also peeved at the folks who think you can just turn the sucker off and still be competitive.

Meh, it's just all around lame imo.

I wish they would nerf arena. I always wanted to get gladiator.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Pissed off that they really tried to allude to a gradual, case-by-case basis for these nerfs.

And instead it's going to be a definitive nerf fest. Also peeved at the folks who think you can just turn the sucker off and still be competitive.

I don't think Blizzard cares about competitiveness after people have had 2-3 months to finish the encounters. By that point, the mediocre players can get lumped in with the casuals to maximize benefits for all.

Deleted
    Great maybe our crappy 2nd group can kill something next reset.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Wish I could figure out why Blizzard is adverse to allowing players to stand out from the crowd.
    The date you killed a boss doesn't go away. Everyone will be able to see when you cleared 8/8H. Who cares if others get to have fun and clear it too? Does it really impact you that much that other groups not as good should have to suffer and stay stuck on a boss?
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    As a casual raider in a casual guild, the nerf will be welcomed since it will help our slow progression. However, I personally prefer Blizzard to take a look at the mechanics to see how to make the encounter easier rather than just a generic % health and damage reduction. Sometime, it is not how much health the boss has but rather what the boss does that is making it hard for some.
    why not placing a box instead of a boss and say "HERE GET YOUR NEW EPICS" ....

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    I'm already 8/8 H so I'm pretty happy, can't wait until it gets higher so we can pop BL + pots and take down the first plate in 1 tendon
    You can already do this
    Last edited by mmoc0fd79c8fc0; 2012-02-22 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    why not placing a box instead of a boss and say "HERE GET YOUR NEW EPICS" ....
    Since it's still not possible to kill a boss while AFK, this is the biggest nonsense people like to say. 5% will not magically allow people that do 10k dps to down HC Madness... There are some people on this forum that seem to believe it does...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 week left to kill madness Heroic with the 5% then our selves, Which is kinda meh / Disappointing however we personally just want this tier to be done and over with because It's literally the most horrid tier of raiding next to ToC ( In my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikevinge View Post
    1. Why are people acting surprised? We knew this was coming.
    2. Does anyone know if it has been a month snce the 5% buff? People were predicitng that since the buff stacked 8( i think it's 8) times and stacks came at once a month that MoP would come out shortly after the buff maxed out. Any thoughts on this?
    The first 5% was put in on January 31st, it will be 4 weeks/1 month on Feb 28th when the 10% goes in, they said it would be monthly or they would just see how it helps players and go on from there so you can't expect another nerf in the next 4 weeks unless a majority of the playerbase is still struggling with content.

I know some people in my group will complain about it, then not turn off the buff so we don't have to admit we needed the little oomph it will provide. I knew the buff was coming and I could care less about what other raid groups are doing. This buff will help us get some more kills so I'm happy.

my favorite is when the dps on madness qq about healers being terrible (or tanks, i guess) when, in reality, the only thing that EVER causes wipes on madness is dps being 100% failbags and not dpsing the bolts or the tentacles.

perfect example of dps holding every1 back. whoda thought it was possible...

Sounds good to me. We got our kill this week and anything that makes reclears as quick as possible is great.

Deleted
    As for our guild it really wasnt needed since we wont do hard modes (really casual) and cleared it in normal already. But since we have 2 raids per week it will be welcome for gearing our alts on 2nd raid night.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post

How long is appropriate to you?

A month? Two months? A year?

Because I have a feeling people will be bitching non-stop no matter when Blizzard implements the nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Glad I've been only raiding the last couple months of each tier after the nerf bats. It's good to go into something, get carried, and get geared pretty quick.

I'm all for this!
    What is the purpose of your newly acquired gear?

Deleted
    Before 5% nerf came we had never attempted spine hc due time limits. After 5% we 5-shotted it. Now same treatment to madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Before 5% nerf came we had never attempted spine hc due time limits. After 5% we 5-shotted it. Now same treatment to madness.
    You don't have to lie to look cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarts View Post
    This. Unfortunately, because of the nature of the fight, Heroic Spine (The only really difficult fight in Dragon Soul) is pretty much untouched by these nerfs. It doesn't matter if you get Burning Tendons to 50% or 5% after the first Amalgamation, you still have to do two cycles. The only complaint I have about these nerfs is that it's nerfing the easy fights (every boss up till Spine) and leaving Spine completely unaffected.

Spine is an okay fight and I don't mind it during progression but the nerfs do seem to be a little unneeded when the only fights being nerfed are the simply ones and not the more difficult ones.
    Your kidding right ?
    With the initial 19.25% tendon nerf, we could push 30-35% without lust.
    With some more gear and this nerf, it wont be long until we do it one cycle...
    Not to mention all the damage dealt will be 5% less.

Either way, i welcome the 5% for madness hc

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    Lmao, lies lies lies

Changes our 3 hour 8/8 clear into even less, so can't argue with that. DS is pretty boring at this point, the less time spent in there the better.