Please help my holy paladin.

Hey guys!

I've been playing my holy paladin for quite a while now, and even though I reached 2.2k on my warlock, I never really gotten into Arena with him. I just did RBG's and normal BG's mostly since I enjoyed them quite alot.

Now I've found a DK buddy, and he's awesome. Full cataclysmic gear where I am sitting at 2 pieces of set + the weapons. So we did some 2's yesterday. Now I've found out that vs 2 dps, I can heal him without a problem. Nothing troubling me there. But when we face DK/Disco, mirror, or even Arms/healer, I struggle with my mana. My DK seems to drop quite alot and I notice myself spamming flash (too?) much.

Now I am wondering, what are your guys basic tips for me so we can reach higher ratings?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...winning/simple <- Armory link.

If I should change any gems, talents, glyphs, anything is welcome.

Cheers, Spikier.

Deleted
    Have you played any healer in "high" rated arenas?
    If you haven't, then you probably should just start to Practice fake casting, LoS:ing, avoiding CC (HoS) at first. Ofc they are important to DPS aswell.
    For the mana problem. Always keep judgement up for haste/mana regen. Use plea/drink if needed. You can survive with very little mana, because of holy power spells.

You might want to gem a bit more into spirit rather then crit. Spirit is good for 3vs3 and 5vs5, but in 2vs2, you better enchant and gem some spirit.
    The fights in 2vs2 can take long so you will need all the mana regen you can get

Edit: also, don't forget your head enchant

Quote Originally Posted by WishFish View Post
    You might want to gem a bit more into spirit rather then crit. Spirit is good for 3vs3 and 5vs5, but in 2vs2, you better enchant and gem some spirit.
    The fights in 2vs2 can take long so you will need all the mana regen you can get

Edit: also, don't forget your head enchant
    Oh haha, the head enchant. That's a bit silly, been playing my DK mostly so haven't really noticed it.. Will get it straight away. And spirit it is!

EDIT: What is your guys % of crit sitting at? I'm sitting around 21% now that I reforged spirit a bit more.
    Last edited by Spikier; 2012-02-23 at 01:13 PM.

There is a "soft cap" and a hard cap for crit.
    Soft cap is at 35% and hard cap at 40% crit.
    I think a good idea is to get all spirit gear and reforge spirit to crit.
    That way you'll benefit both ways without loosing too much crit.

Edit: your chest can have +20 stat instead of the 15 and your gloves have mastery, mastery is BAD.
    You can replace it with haste.
    Your pants can have +95 int/ + 55 spirit.
    Your weapon can have the "heartsong" enchant for the spirit if you need more.
    On the shield I should put int instead of mastery, because mastery s...
    Last edited by WishFish; 2012-02-23 at 02:11 PM.

you should win vs any priest healer teams. dks eat priest healers.

as for you, you dont need to reforge and gem crit. keep the spirit, and reforge spirit on the parts that dont have it. off hand needs int instead of mastery(shield) and get a PVE spirit trinket, since you're a human im guessing you have a macro for wings/trinket on use?

use divine plea early, at like 70% or so, when there isnt much going on, and try to judge as much as possible.

you really shouldnt be going oom vs healer/dps teams, unless its org arena and a disc priest can free cast mana burns onto you, but shouldnt really be possible for him due your DK.

oh, about the reforge. reforge shit like mastery into crit and haste too.

Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    you dont need to reforge and gem crit.

oh, about the reforge. reforge shit like mastery into crit and haste too.
    It's a bit confusing this.
    In general, gem so you'll get the bonus. Meaning, you gonna use either :

Brilliant Inferno Ruby : 40 int for red slots

Purified Demonseye : 20 int / 20 spirit for blue slots

Potent Ember Topaz : 20 int / 20 crit for yellow slots

For the reforging, if your pieces have spirit on it, gem spirit to crit. If they don't have spirit, then reforge to spirit. Unless you think you got a decent amount already.
    Mastery only becomes good in the BiS pvp gear and therefore, in the higher brackets.

Deleted
    If all you're doing is 2's NEVER gem/reforge to crit. At least not until you have better gear than you do now; reforge everything into spirit, gem pure intellect on red sockets (and on other colors if the socket bonus is +10 of x stat, it's only worth using hybrids if it's +20 or more), int/spirit on blue/purples and int/resi on orange/yellows (int/crit's an option also but I'd leave that for when you're better geared).

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    use divine plea early, at like 70% or so, when there isnt much going on, and try to judge as much as possible.
    Judgement!

Deleted
    Hello Spikier,

Holydins shouldnt have mana issues in my opinion.
    Few tips that could help:
    -make sure your beacon is on the player being nuked = more holypower = more WOG
    -use holy shock whenever its off cooldown
    -use devine plea to get mana back (glyph it) and also make sure your not in LOS of a dispeller
    -avoid CC with los, rebuke, stun, sacrifice to avoid having to recover and spam flashes
    -rotate your cds, dont be shy to pop your wings / pet etc during enemy cooldowns so you need less flashes
    -make sure your dk isnt wasting cooldowns, lots and lots of dks waste their AMS all the time to avoid a simple slow or root
    they should just wait for a dispel or freedom, offensive AMS on their burst is ok ofc
    IBF is also wasted alot just for escaping a stun while nuking rather thn using it whn needed
    -on my pally i try to judge almost always whn i can since it gives you haste and mana
    -whn enemy players used their cds you can try to LOS quick and drink a bit, but be carefull with the dk's position

Get all the spirit pvp gear there is, everythng without spirit reforge to spirit
    Red = 40intel
    Blue = 20 intel 20 spirit
    Yellow = 20 intel + 20crit/resi

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    Hello Spikier,

Holydins shouldnt have mana issues in my opinion.
    Few tips that could help:
    -make sure your beacon is on the player being nuked = more holypower = more WOG
    -use holy shock whenever its off cooldown
    -use devine plea to get mana back (glyph it) and also make sure your not in LOS of a dispeller
    -avoid CC with los, rebuke, stun, sacrifice to avoid having to recover and spam flashes
    -rotate your cds, dont be shy to pop your wings / pet etc during enemy cooldowns so you need less flashes
    -make sure your dk isnt wasting cooldowns, lots and lots of dks waste their AMS all the time to avoid a simple slow or root
    they should just wait for a dispel or freedom, offensive AMS on their burst is ok ofc
    IBF is also wasted alot just for escaping a stun while nuking rather thn using it whn needed
    -on my pally i try to judge almost always whn i can since it gives you haste and mana
    -whn enemy players used their cds you can try to LOS quick and drink a bit, but be carefull with the dk's position

Get all the spirit pvp gear there is, everythng without spirit reforge to spirit
    Red = 40intel
    Blue = 20 intel 20 spirit
    Yellow = 20 intel + 20crit/resi

Good luck
    Helpful post sir, thank you alot.
    I just changed my enchants, to max enchants etc. Got the headpiece and shoulder enchant, and I think I'll reforge a bit more into spirit, and leave my offset pieces intact so it will have max spirit.

I was wondering, since I mostly do 2s, I hardly use any addons, nor mouseovers. I use to use mouseovers but I lost my macros.
    Do any of you know what the base macro is for mousoevering, so I can just put in a spell name so it works? ie. Hand of Freedom, Protection, Holy Shock, etc?

Thanks for all the tips guys, keep 'm coming!

Deleted
    Example

#showtooltip Spellname
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Spellname; Spellname

this macro will use the 'first' spell on your mouseover target if there is one
    and if there isnt one it will cast the 'second' spellname on your current target
    so a macro like this

#showtooltip Hand of Freedom
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Hand of Freedom; Hand of Freedom

will cast freedom on your mouseover if there is one,
    and if there isnt one freedom your current target

/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Hand of Protection; Hand of Protection
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Hand of Freedom; Hand of Freedom
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Turn Evil; Turn Evil

etc
    gl and hf

Am I missing something? You only judge once a minute now not on CD anymore after the seal of insight change. If your having mana problems against priest teams your probably getting mana burned, avoid that and have your dk stop any you cant avoid.

These is completely a preference thing, but I found speccing into pursuit of jusitce and 1/3 divinity was great for 2s. You get alot more holy power especially coming out of cc's (when you need it most) and it allows you to get interrupts and melee stuff for mana easier if you need it. Maxing out last word is priority too imo.

Check the damage charts when you finish a game, if your dk is getting greatly outdamaged by an enemy dk or warrior he needs to work on something and could be holding you back. Roll denounce on the dps and your dk will take less dmg = less healing = better mana. I played hpally/dk at ~2400ish, alot of it is on your dk against healer/dps but when its a double dps comp then its all on you lol.