Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What are you looking forward the most on this game?

Title says it all.

What is making you WANT to play Guild Wars 2? I just saw the videos/introduction page and it made me feel hyped right there and then.

The game just seems refreshing for some reason, and I haven't played the first one so I'm really digging GW2 !

What about ya?

10+ Year Old Account
    The combat. Been wanting a well done fast paced action mmo for a long time, and now looks like the time.

Tournament PvP, PvP not based on gear (mainly), WvWvW PvP.

Basically mostly PvP. The dynamic events are cool too.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing I'm not exited for, so it's hard to pick just one. But I would say that spending some hours in the character creation is one of the things I look most forward to.

Just combat and playing around in a casual MMO.

I been playing F2P games and a few older MMOs between Rift/TOR. I suspect GW2 and Tera will be nice side board games.

WvWvW! The long 2 weeks of strategy and working together to slowly control parts of a HUGE map, just the time of planning attacks, building defense, all mixed in with the fast pace of the GW2 combat! This mix of fast paced combat skill and slow moving war-front strategy is going to be amazing!!!

Deleted
    I think the dynamic events allowing me to just wander around and explore, and the scaling making all content relevant are the biggest sellers for me.

tbh i mostly agree with anet's design philosophy, pvp about skill not gear, the WvWvW sounds amazing and much more

Deleted
    Everything !

The Dynamic events do seem awesome.

I really want to see how they play out in the game, I heard that they are ''truly'' dynamic, and could last for several days, even weeks, and having different outcomes depending on your actions.

The WvWvW pvp seems awesome as well... And last but not least, the Character Creation, as someone else said, I really wanna try it out. I found it awesome the way you can change the features of your character, like in the face the body weight etc.

All in all, seems like an awesome game :d

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

I really want to see how they play out in the game, I heard that they are ''truly'' dynamic, and could last for several days, even weeks, and having different outcomes depending on your actions.

Idk, about WEEKS, but the dynamic events do look pretty awesome. I like how there are consequences for losing the dynamic events. Like if a centaur group is raiding a village, and you fail to defend it, that village goes under centaur control.

The freakin release date!

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Idk, about WEEKS, but the dynamic events do look pretty awesome. I like how there are consequences for losing the dynamic events. Like if a centaur group is raiding a village, and you fail to defend it, that village goes under centaur control.
    Yes !

I heard about a mission where some guys are harvesting resources to make an attack on some village, and you have to disrupt their resources.

If you fail to do so they'll form a little army and attack your city or something like that, and if you fail again, they take control of it, then you have to retake control and build a new city or whatever.. LOL ! :P

Sounds awesome ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    The dynamic combat, ability system, and WvWvW.

Also nice to know that a game is being made with pvp a main focus and not just adding it in later.
    I like sandwiches

Pretty much everything. All the way from combat, dynamic events and pvp to guild progression and even the overflow server system for queueing.
    The last game to have me so stoked about truly everything was definitely WoW. Tor had me up for several things but not its entire package like GW2 is.

Dynamic Events CAN last weeks/months theoretically as long as they're not at the end of a chain. If they're in the middle and if no one does anything it will not move from that point. If an event gets to an end of the chain it will eventually reset at some point, but it's not anything like oh well no one has been around for 10 minutes time to reset.

For the OP:

Everything as a whole. Though if I had to name something specific it might be the fact that I can get into the game at level 1 and just go actually play with my friends, no waiting, no level restrictions, no quest step restrictions, just go out and have fun.

Deleted
    The combat and PvP, of course!

When watching the right videos, the combat looks really dynamic and fun. Do an ambush from the corner, attack some with your skills, and then weapon swap to your other weapons, and escape with it's skills if too many enemies shows up.

Tossup between WvWvW and Dynamic events. WvWvW wins by a slight margin... but I might spend some time in the PvE world before PvP because it looks like lvling will be a bit quicker that way, and I want to go through my personal story, and dungeons, and... ah fuck I want EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Dynamic Events CAN last weeks/months theoretically as long as they're not at the end of a chain. If they're in the middle and if no one does anything it will not move from that point. If an event gets to an end of the chain it will eventually reset at some point, but it's not anything like oh well no one has been around for 10 minutes time to reset.

For the OP:

Everything as a whole. Though if I had to name something specific it might be the fact that I can get into the game at level 1 and just go actually play with my friends, no waiting, no level restrictions, no quest step restrictions, just go out and have fun.
    Thanks for clarifying that

Here is hoping that this game is released ''soon'' :P

Being an asura in PvP - seriosuly cannot wait

more OT though, honestly the dynamic events and the WvWvW

Everything. Anet is making even the smallest of details worth noting. Most of all is WvWvW though.