Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Looking forward to so much from the dynamic quest events to wvw pvp it all looks fantastic.

    Its the only MMO iv looked at over the past 2 years and not gave a crap about the end game I know the pvp and events will keep me busy for a long time without even stepping foot into a dungeon.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Looking forward to so much from the dynamic quest events to wvw pvp it all looks fantastic.

    Its the only MMO iv looked at over the past 2 years and not gave a crap about the end game I know the pvp and events will keep me busy for a long time without even stepping foot into a dungeon.
    That's nice

    I'm excited about the PvP part as well, hopefully it'll be better than the fiasco WoW has going.

  3. #23
    Wandering around and learning the game from the ground level xD

  4. #24
    What i look forward to the most would have to be:

    1. Open world combat, Ability to dodge and you don't just stand there and take hits, or your not auto targeted all the time.
    2. Open world quests, that you choose to do, not that you have to do them.
    3. Multiple skill functionality, Tons of skill combos that benefit, or work together with other players skills that can enhance your abilities used, or cast.
    4. WvWvWvW = I mean you can't go wrong here at all. All open world
    5. How long it takes to defeat bosses, i love the ability not actually dying but being "Downed" and having a chance to come back. sounds great!
    6. ALL RACES CAN BE ALL CLASSES = PURE WIN!
    7. System Ops, Graphics, It all looks very smooth and clean. Might be a few bugs, but damn it feels like it works well together with multiple people in zone.

    8. I'm buying the collectors edition.

    9. Buy and win.





    10. GOOD BYE WARCRAFT!!!!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
    3. Multiple skill functionality, Tons of skill combos that benefit, or work together with other players skills that can enhance your abilities used, or cast.
    Don't know how I forgot this.

    I really wanna see how this is gonna play out, it sounds awesome.

  6. #26
    Excited to have something to do while not raiding. The combat looks smooth and having a game that requires smaller groups to do content will be nice. Customization, combat, and graphics all look promising. Anet had just better get this out before MoP or D3 otherwise I am not sure I will have much time to play it

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursingmonk View Post
    Excited to have something to do while not raiding. The combat looks smooth and having a game that requires smaller groups to do content will be nice. Customization, combat, and graphics all look promising. Anet had just better get this out before MoP or D3 otherwise I am not sure I will have much time to play it
    The only games I'll be playing are Diablo 3 and GW2 so I'm fine :P

    Thank God I don't play WoW anymore.

  8. #28
    Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrverything! (Everything.)

    Also looking forward to hanging out with my awesome-pawesome guildies! Go Silver Wolf Clan!

  9. #29
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,155
    The combat and dynamic events... Nvm I'm gonna say everything!

  10. #30
    Okay seriously this time. Im looking forward to several great things.

    -Combat; Yes for action-style fighting. I dodge because i dodge, i dont have arrows and magical fire homing in on my face, and if i swing my sword and it happens to cleave through someone else it actually hits! And the high mobility, no more standing still in 1 spot just to charge your lazor, you can do so much while on the move. And the switching of weapons/kitts/attunements opens up a wide range of versatility. And im loving the enviromental weapons thing.

    -Dynamic Events; Ive had it with the standard questing, infact i never really liked it all that much, ever. Didnt turn complete altoholic in WoW untill they released that dungeonfinder and i could just queu from lv15 to 80 in a dungeon and play my class. And not be send around like a carrier pidgeon to slaughter 10 boars.
    Now i participate in an ever changing world, and i can see my work has an effect. It just sounds so much cooler to partake in.

    -Community builder; With much of the (intentional or not) griefings taken out i dont have to rage at random people who steal my kill or tag a node im still fighting a mob over. No, infact others are motivated to help me! And are rewarded for it! THAT is how you build a sense of community, first take away the perpetual "competition"-tag away from everything. "Compete over those 20 mobs with 300 people, compete over this node with a flying cow, compete over this quest-item with 50 other people, compete over this elite etcetc" No!

    -WvWvW; Seriously? i need to explain whats awesome about 3 whole servers going all out on 4 giant maps? Fighting over strategic points, resources and even entire Keeps with hundreds at a time. This is what i hoped but didnt get in WoW, twice. And what SWTOR managed to do fuck up aswell despite having so much MMO history to learn from.

    edit: Infact, i didnt get it twice in WoW. And once they even took it away! (AV is nothing like the original mass-battlefield)
    Last edited by terrahero; 2012-02-22 at 09:37 PM.

  11. #31
    I know how you feel, I remember when I started following the game quite some time ago.

    So much hard work is being put into this game to make it as best experience a player can have, and alongside my friends I will try to experience everything Arena Net has made for us. Together we will explore the world do dynamic events, dungeons and also PvP.

    This game is what some of have been waiting for.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    I know how you feel, I remember when I started following the game quite some time ago.

    So much hard work is being put into this game to make it as best experience a player can have, and alongside my friends I will try to experience everything Arena Net has made for us. Together we will explore the world do dynamic events, dungeons and also PvP.

    This game is what some of have been waiting for.
    Nice to see other people being hyped about the game hopefully it'll live up to our expectations =P

  13. #33
    The main things I'm looking for to would be WvW and then just pvp that isn't based mostly on what gear you have, but rather your skill. Will be great starting fresh in a new land also.

  14. #34
    The Patient EdisonTrent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia, the arse end of the world.
    Posts
    281
    The balance between PVP and PVE, I enjoy both equally so its nice to see that one isn't being shafted in favor of the other.
    The Zelda-style exploratory areas have also piqued my interest considerably, I've never seen something like that done in an MMO before; if it works, it'll be great.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

  15. #35
    Stood in the Fire Cyphran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    361
    So I'm really looking forward to looking at a real character instead of a Tauren.

    I have two important (to me anyway) appearance related questions though.

    Can we disable helm graphics? (got a bit of a hair fetish, need to be able to see it)
    Is that Mesmer face mask constantly shown in combat? (I saw in the Yogscast video that it was a helm and I assume if you take it off, the mask wont show)


    What's the point of making an awesome face if you never see it?

  16. #36
    Every time I read something new about GW2 its like they got into my head and looked up all the thing I hate about MMO's and made it better. I've played MMO's for a while and I think I've tired of the genre in its current state Global Agenda Queue System state. GW2 is the only game that seems to be going the opposite direction and so far it looks like its the right direction. Honestly if GW2 doesn't deliver then I think the MMO genre of old is gone for good and the WoW model will persist. If so it would be such a shame, especially for anyone that dreamed about having an adventure in a fantasy world when they were a kid.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    So I'm really looking forward to looking at a real character instead of a Tauren.

    I have two important (to me anyway) appearance related questions though.

    Can we disable helm graphics? (got a bit of a hair fetish, need to be able to see it)
    Is that Mesmer face mask constantly shown in combat? (I saw in the Yogscast video that it was a helm and I assume if you take it off, the mask wont show)


    What's the point of making an awesome face if you never see it?
    Both can be hidden
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by EdisonTrent View Post
    The balance between PVP and PVE, I enjoy both equally so its nice to see that one isn't being shafted in favor of the other.
    The Zelda-style exploratory areas have also piqued my interest considerably, I've never seen something like that done in an MMO before; if it works, it'll be great.
    Yep, reason GW1 pvp was the best out there.

    when you went into a pvp arena/battleground it would modify skills til you left it. never interfered/nerfed for pve.

  19. #39
    Exploring a fresh new world (espcially those caves etc ^^)

    PvE dungeons also seems great
    PvP im most interested in WvWvW
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    But do they have data showing how much fun players are having? Because surely that's what counts. You could have a game where only 1% of players can do the top raid but still everybody's having fun, and you could have a game where 100% of the players see everything but they're all bored and whining and quitting. Fun can't be quantified with straight-up data, and trying to use statistics to measure fun is a dangerous logical minefield.
    "The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

  20. #40
    Stood in the Fire Cyphran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Both can be hidden

    Much love. Was looking through all the beta vids trying to confirm or deny this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •