Mass Effect 3 Day 1 DLC Controversy

"BioWare has confirmed the existence of the From Ashes DLC after someone at Microsoft pushed a button ahead of schedule.
    SPOILERS AHEAD.

“We’re happy to confirm that Mass Effect 3: From Ashes DLC will be available at launch for all platforms,” BioWare’s Michael gamble wrote on the BioWare Social Network.

“For those of you who have purchased the N7 Collector’s Edition (including the PC Digital Deluxe Edition), you will get this content at no extra charge. We’ll have a lot more details for you later this week! Stay Tuned!”

The pack and its contents were briefly visible on the Xbox Live Marketplace, where Kotaku got a good look at it, discovering that the pack includes a new party member – a Prothean. The existence of a Prothean – a race thought extinct for millennia – was first revealed by diligent unpacking of the demo’s files, unearthing some of the character’s dialogue.

The significant nature of the content included in the pack has raised ire among some fans concerned that the standard edition of the game is not complete, and that a DLC purchase will be necessary on top of the base price in order to own the whole game.

The DLC’s title is strongly reminiscent of that which reportedly turned up at retail last week for $10.

Mass Effect 3 is due in early March, on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360."

TB Discusses why he is boycotting this game. Some of you may not like TB but I tend to agree with him on most things he says. As a PC gamer with no voice(meaning developers/publishers don't hear me)it's nice to have someone like TB to address these kind of problems.

This isn't the firs time this has happened, but it's a pretty big issue because this is a HUGE part of the story of Mass Effect, it's not like COD and extra maps held back to be sold later as DLC.

TB explaining why this is an outrage

Well if its got you folks up in that much of an uproar maybe a boycott will help. Frankly I feel we don't know the whole story yet, especially what's included in the dlc versus what's just included in the regular game to make a big stink about a boycott. Do whatever though...

Deleted
    I don't like TB much. However, he is absolutely right in this. Content that was developed pre-launch and is included on the disk is deliberately blocked until you pay extra, on top of your copy. Simply outrageous.

Guess it's time to turn back again on Torrents instead of buying it. In before someone tells me it's ''only'' 10$.

Thing is; why the hell are they charging us for this if it could have been in the game already? I mean, the game isn't even out yet and they are already pushing on DLC... come on ! I wouldnt have said anything if the DLC were like, 2 or 3 months down the road but this is ridiculous.

And for people saying ''But CE buyers will get it free !'' .... shut up ! CE should add things like arts, making of, even maybe some special guns but NOTHING to the storyline ! (And yes, it IS a damn big piece of story if you get to recruit a Prothean!).

Seems EA is getting even greedier than Activicrap !

I don't like day 1 DLC.

Also, closing this. Please keep all Mass Effect 3 discussion to the primary thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Mass-Effect-3