Extra fans and PSU placement in the Cooler Master Elite 430 case

Hey there, so I'm almost done building my baby.
    I just got around to buy some extra fans and a better PSU, here is the needed info:

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430
    PSU: Antec HCG-520M 520W
    Fans: Cooler Master Turbine Master 120mm (x4)

I have 2 questions:

1. What's the best way to set up the 4 extra fans?
    2. My PSU's fan is facing up (intake/outtake?), how will this effect the airflow? What do I have to take into consideration in correlation to the fans?

Here is the diagram from the Cooler Master site:
    http://i.imgur.com/2WIOd.jpg

1 - 2 on top as outtake 1 on back as outtake and 1 on bottom as intake (for cooling graphic card)
    2 - I don't recommend you using PSU as outtake on bottom - this would cause bad airflow.

Consider the fact that your case has a grill and filter on the bottom, this would be optimal (IMO):

I would recommend another fan on the front, but according to NewEgg, only a 140mm fan will fit in the optional front port. You might also turn that first top fan around (sucking cool air in), but I don't know if that would be optimal (having two fans in opposite directions right beside each other).

Note: The PSU fan is an intake, not an exhaust, having it facing up would mean it steals cool air from your GPU, which is a no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    and 1 on bottom as intake (for cooling graphic card)
    Yuck, no... The fan on the side would be much better for cooling the GPU than a fan on the bottom, especially if the PC is sitting on the floor.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-02-22 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Yuck, no... The fan on the side would be much better for cooling the GPU than a fan on the bottom, especially if the PC is sitting on the floor.
    This is why you got 1.5cm rubber feet on bottom lol (you want to cool GPU not mobo). Side fan is not better than bottom trust me.

Those 1.5cm rubber rises are not going to stop that fan from sucking in dirt and dust off the floor (even with the dust filters). I don't think I've ever seen someone recommend putting a fan on the bottom of a case instead of the side, and the folks at Tom's Hardware seem to agree with me... If he had more fans, he could choose to put one on the bottom of the case, but when choosing between side or bottom, side should always get priority.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Those 1.5cm rubber rises are not going to stop that fan from sucking in dirt and dust off the floor[/URL]...
    You have one dirty floor mr xD For real who put his new PC on dirty floor when you can put in on clean desk (or clean desk PC shelf).

My computer is on a desk (check the link in my sig), but I know a lot of people who put their PC on the floor... And it's not that my floor is dirty, I think you underestimate how dirty a carpeted floor is.

Regardless of floor vs desk, the side panel fan is a better choice than a bottom mounted fan as it is pointed directly at the GPU. Not to mention, you'd have to worry about your PSU cables hitting your fan if it is mounted on the bottom in that case.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-02-22 at 09:26 PM.

Ok thanks guys, I'll go with the diagram noteworthynerd linked, looks pretty good for airflow.

Only thing that sucks is that my PSU will be facing down which means the logo/writing will be upside down, but oh well..

Yeah, that's an odd discrepancy by Antec, most gaming PSUs are meant for the fans to face down, so the stickers are applied accordingly... You can see what I mean in this picture of my PC:

(Click for larger image.)