Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Oh sweden - u so silly...

Some gay mayor in copenhagen wanted to do the same with crosswalk signals - the red man and the green man was to become women - never got through \o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think what would make more sense than removing all the old signs and replacing them would be to take the offending sign to the standards authority and have them approve it.

Problem solved, and it didn't cost anything.
    Won't cost anything? What world do you live in?

All official information regarding road signs would have to be updated.
    Informational folders re-printed, websites updated, driving school material updated, possibly driving school tests, etc etc.

There is a reason why signs are not changed very often, and when they are, always with plenty of warning before hand. If they makes it official from tomorrow, then all information must be updated by tomorrow. If they wait for a couple of months (which is more reasonable), then the city of Uppsala will have zebra crossing signs that are not valid for a couple of months. Would love the mess that makes when there's an accident.

Deleted
    Oh, totally missed that, I didn't find any major difference between the two signs, and didn't read the last part of the article..>.<
    Oh well, I still find it silly to change sign from the start tho..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravents View Post
    Yet these signs are already installed in many places, yes? And it's not actually causing confusion, yes? In that case, common sense dictates that they should remain. Laws and regulations, whilst your reasoning is understandable, shouldn't be trumping common sense and being wasteful in the process. It seems like it'd be a far better option to modify the code to grandfather these signs in rather than replace them all.

Use the newer, corrected signs on new installments, sure. But the old ones aren't actually doing any harm, so grandfather them into the code instead of being wasteful.
    The signs with the pointy boobs exist in one town, and one town only. They ordered the wrong design. Everywhere else they are using one of the two other, approved, designs.

id love to see a derp xing sign. just to see how the get the point across

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Won't cost anything? What world do you live in?

All official information regarding road signs would have to be updated.
    Informational folders re-printed, websites updated, driving school material updated, possibly driving school tests, etc etc.

There is a reason why signs are not changed very often, and when they are, always with plenty of warning before hand. If they makes it official from tomorrow, then all information must be updated by tomorrow. If they wait for a couple of months (which is more reasonable), then the city of Uppsala will have zebra crossing signs that are not valid for a couple of months. Would love the mess that makes when there's an accident.
    OK, maybe I should say it would cost less than having to change out all the signs. Plus, laws change all the time without having every single reference and teaching material related to that law change overnight.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i found it quite offensive there wasnt a sign aimed at Mexicans....

this is just a really bad waste of money, any figures on how much this will cost in total?
    Why only Mexicans? What about Asians? Are you a racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Is is a black man sign. The figure is all black. There should be a white person sign.
    It's not black enough

Deleted
    This is quite disturbing, however i dont care as long as it isnt a somalian women. Yea go ahead and report me, ive just made myself clear.

ugh...

Featureless stick people are neither male nor female.

Not all women wear skirts, why is that a symbol for being female?

And if its the boobs that does it... then any symbol depicting a guy should have a dick sticking out to make it clear that this is a man.

OP is confused and the article is rubbish in typical tabloid manner.

TL;DR - The one on the left is a fake, the one on the right is the proper sign. Fakes will be taken down and replaced with proper ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    OK, maybe I should say it would cost less than having to change out all the signs. Plus, laws change all the time without having every single reference and teaching material related to that law change overnight.
    This kind of reference material is not just changed overnight. Laws have specific means of being added over time written into them. They are designed so that they can be added to the law book at any time (and even so, it takes time and doesn't happen overnight). Traffic signs don't have that system built in, atleast not in sweden.

Also, worth noting is that for every hour those signs are up, the town in question is breaking the law, and potentially risking accidents (like I mentioned before, legally those pointy breasted zebra crossing signs means nothing at all - there is not zebra crossing where they use those signs).

Lastly, again, this is one, that is ONE town that is affected with this problem. They were idiots, and ordered the wrong sign. Let them pay for it, not everyone else.

It really does not matter, but what is the guy in that sign wearing? It looks like he may be wearing a skirt to!

Deleted
    Oh god! It´s like those fucking barber shop laws we got before here. I actually have to pay 200kr for a 20 minute haircut, and now the state is wasting millions because some people bitch about "unfair" road signs.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    The signs with the pointy boobs exist in one town, and one town only. They ordered the wrong design. Everywhere else they are using one of the two other, approved, designs.
    Ah, only one town. I missed that part. In that case, then yes, replacing all of the signs is the best option.

Deleted
    This is Sweden in a nutshell. "Oh? There are over 200.000 people without a proper job or apartment? I guess we gotta change the roadcrossing signs to something else!"
    Fixing something that usually isn't a problem, thus usually creating even more problems AND wasting taxpayer's money.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    It really does not matter, but what is the guy in that sign wearing? It looks like he may be wearing a skirt to!
    lol it's two women, one is approved the one with smaller breasts and longer skirt, the other one is not approved and was the one they had ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zryereassu View Post
    This is Sweden in a nutshell. "Oh? There are over 200.000 people without a proper job or apartment? I guess we gotta change the roadcrossing signs to something else!"
    Fixing something that usually isn't a problem, thus usually creating even more problems AND wasting taxpayer's money.
    Cheer up, we don't have 200.000 homeless lol ... also I think this goes on the regional bill, so unless you live in Uppsala, just lol @ them.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-02-22 at 10:31 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    lol it's two women, one is approved the one with smaller breasts and longer skirt, the other one is not approved and was the one they had ordered.

Cheer up, we don't have 200.000 homeless lol ... also I think this goes on the regional bill, so unless you live in Uppsala, just lol @ them.
    I didn't mean homeless in the sense that they live on the street, I mean people who still live with their parents, looking for a place to live, but can't find any. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zryereassu View Post
    I didn't mean homeless in the sense that they live on the street, I mean people who still live with their parents, looking for a place to live, but can't find any. :P
    aha yeah, that is a massive problem, we got students who can't study here for example because they can't find a place to live, it's fecked, but it's not really something the government is responsible for, though they could be quicker when giving out construction permits etc.

Most apartment complexes etc are built by and for private companies.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh good ol' Sweden, the home of extreme political correctness.

I don't care which one is the correct one, just the fact that they manage to make a discussion out of it makes me lol, or even the fact that they felt they needed to replace the male sign in the first place is just lol.
    I'm just happy none of this PC crap has spread to your eastern neighbour yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    aha yeah, that is a massive problem, we got students who can't study here for example because they can't find a place to live, it's fecked, but it's not really something the government is responsible for, though they could be quicker when giving out construction permits etc.

Most apartment complexes etc are built by and for private companies.
    My only problem with Sweden is immigration of Moslems.