Deleted

Is Ataraxis, Cudgel of the Warmaster better than Gurthlak from LFR?

Would it be a better choice, as an unholy DK, with Ataraxis, Cudgel of the Warmaster normal version, instead of the LFR gurthlak?

I know for Rets Any NM wep is better than lfr gurth, but UH get quite a bit more proc chances compared to rets. Im assuming the extra weapon dmg might outweight it.
    Check out my youtube channel!!! Gaming videos GALORE!!! :http://www.youtube.com/user/Antigravitydawgz

Heroic Gurth > Regular Gurth > Heroic Atraxis >= LFR Gurth >= Heroic Slicer > Regular Atraxis > Regular Slicer

I think it's something along those lines.

Unholy mastery directly increases the damage dealt by the Gurthalak Proc, so it's a phenomenal item.
    Last edited by Breyers; 2012-02-22 at 09:29 PM.

Gurthalak hands down probably over 410 weapons too.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I think Ataraxis is slightly better for surgical bursts, its just my personal feel.

I'm using the 410 slicer over LFR Gurth. Pretty sure i'm doing more dps with the slicer.
    Had no luck so far with a normal Gurth drop. I'll wield that one offcourse once/if it drops :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    Heroic Gurth > Regular Gurth > Heroic Atraxis >= Heroic Slicer > LFR Gurth > Regular Atraxis => Regular Slicer
    Fix'd, I believe.

LFR gurth > normals
    normal gurth > heroics
    heroic gurth - bis

The heroic weapons over normal gurth, and normal weapons over lfr gurth would only be true for maybe Spine, if you had poor proc rates. Obviously Gurthtalak's awesomeness is linked to how your procs go. Over time it'll smooth out, and be better. But if you did damage for a minute, and just got unlucky, the static weapons will be better.

But, in this raid, there aren't a lot of times where you're not just hitting things non-stop.