Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Awesomesauce. Nothing else to add really. Just...they've done it again. Bloody hypo-meter broken...

  2. #22
    That's pretty awesome.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  3. #23
    That looks pretty awesome... The wow effect i had with WoW 7 years ago has shifted to Guild Wars 2 atm, hopefully Titan will hook me back to Blizzard again. Not flaming at GW2, i'm just slightly less thrilled for this game then i was for WoW back in the days

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral Supajayare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    1,080
    I'm not much of an explorer myself, but I'm really happy that Anet is putting elements like this in their game. They might even make a game explorer out of me! :P

  5. #25
    Fingers crossed this game does well and is actually as amazing as it looks. I am happy to wait for 6 more months and sincerely hope A-net don't release it half done like SWToR was released.

  6. #26
    Warchief Protoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    2,172
    Cool. Rift had some platforming and puzzles that would get you a chest that usually gave a blue or epic item that was useful for your class, this game looks like it expanded on that even more. Really looking forward to it, as well as the pvp and no sub fees.

  7. #27
    It's a shame that video didn't show a reward or anything.

  8. #28
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Newport Mesa, Ca
    Posts
    2,344
    @omlech

    I was having a hard time reading the map. Are you saying there are enough zones that you can go 1-80 for each race and never have to overlap in a zone?
    Atheist, anti-theist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-gay rights, anti-war, anti-corporatism.

  9. #29
    Gotta brush up on my zelda/mario skills. Just a tiny nit-pick though. I hope there is a "Walk" option.

  10. #30
    This reminds me of warhammer so much one my fav things about warhammer was finding the hidden bosses and trophies. Wish guildwars also had trophies seems like it would fit in so well.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    @omlech

    I was having a hard time reading the map. Are you saying there are enough zones that you can go 1-80 for each race and never have to overlap in a zone?
    Well looking at the Ascalon region in that map you can see a zone for 1-15, 15-25, 40-50. 50-60. I'm guessing the 30-40 is right above the 40-50 and the 70-80 is right above the 50-60. I'm gonna try to find some footage of the overall world map since it's different now than in past convention footage. People don't really do these kinds of things, I would have analyzed the map, but that's just how I am.

  12. #32
    I was never even remotely interested in a Guild Wars video game until seeing this video. LOVE this kind of exploration in games. Hmmmm, maybe I will give it a closer look lol.

  13. #33

    Lightbulb

    No way!! This game is amazing! I really hope I can level up just by exploring and finding chests full of loot that gives xp as well.

  14. #34
    The Patient EdisonTrent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Australia, the arse end of the world.
    Posts
    281
    Wait, what..?

    I didn't see this coming at all, but I've always kind of wanted an MMO where exploration and problem-solving are up there with combat, I really hope this works as well as it should.
    Here's to finding a magical sword within a dense, confusing forest!

    Edit: I just had a thought, will this result in more interesting battles as well? If you played Twilight Princess, there was one battle in which you had to use the Spinner to avoid obstacles and reach the boss, and only then could you damage him. Seeing this worked into combat would be amazing.
    Last edited by EdisonTrent; 2012-02-23 at 07:18 AM.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

  15. #35
    Imagine doing all that jumping and at the end you find ERPer's.... ewww

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by EdisonTrent View Post
    Wait, what..?

    I didn't see this coming at all, but I've always kind of wanted an MMO where exploration and problem-solving are up there with combat, I really hope this works as well as it should.
    Here's to finding a magical sword within a dense, confusing forest!

    Edit: I just had a thought, will this result in more interesting battles as well? If you played Twilight Princess, there was one battle in which you had to use the Spinner to avoid obstacles and reach the boss, and only then could you damage him. Seeing this worked into combat would be amazing.
    The idea you gave me would be amazing, I'm not sure what you're referring to, but image a boss fight where in one phase you need to do some epic platforming while the boss is shooting some sort of magic at you. So you need to avoid the attacks while getting to the top.

  17. #37
    Im just going to point out that Star wars has a huge platforming thing while datacron hunting as well as solving puzzles WHILE datacron hunting -looks at the +10 datacron-

    Just saying its not unique, that was an example off the top of my head is all.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Im just going to point out that Star wars has a huge platforming thing while datacron hunting as well as solving puzzles WHILE datacron hunting -looks at the +10 datacron-

    Just saying its not unique, that was an example off the top of my head is all.
    TOR datacrons aren't really all that impressive. Additionally, the demographics of people who explore and those who hardcore raid seldom mingle. You should be rewarded for exploring by exploring. Not stat bonuses.

  19. #39
    the stat bonuses and matrix shards are little things, I mean really your class uses 2 stats, and the the shards, its one thing to get your stats only, its another to find ALL The datacrons.

    I personally found them all, including getting the group together to get the 10stats.

    If you choose to explore you can search them all, if you just want the ones for your class, then you can do that. Its up to you what you want to do. Exactly likes its up to everyone else to explore and learn about the lore or not.

    I like the old lore in SW so I collected all the crons. I know im not the only one, I did the same with lore objects as well. Which is scattered around too.

  20. #40
    This for me, is one of the major things I'm super stoked about. I'm an explorer at heart, and I love figuring out puzzles. The thought of being able to wander off into a random direction, seeing an odd rock formation, finding a tunnel that leads to a cave behind it, and finding treasure is super exciting to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •