Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    When you go off exploring, is it an open world where you will see other people doing the same or do you still need to group up in cities or hubs before entering an instance as in GW1? Very basic question, I know, but I have not been following it closely. Just remember I hated that in GW1. I want a huge, open, explorable world just like a "real" MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's me but I already didn't think the animations were that great when I saw a dungeon video, but really movement looks uber clunky. What's with the weird step whenever you stop?

Apart from that, the exploration stuff is really nice. I'm not much of an explorer myself but things like this add more gameplay options for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Maybe it's me but I already didn't think the animations were that great when I saw a dungeon video, but really movement looks uber clunky. What's with the weird step whenever you stop?
    Eh, that's something that can be fixed. It still is in beta after all.

But that "weird step" when they stop probably wasn't intended to go off after moving an inch. It looks better after moving some kind of distance, but even then it's something they need to consider smoothing out.

People that have played however have said that moving and combat is silky smooth, the animation doesn't do the best job doing it justice.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    When you go off exploring, is it an open world where you will see other people doing the same or do you still need to group up in cities or hubs before entering an instance as in GW1? Very basic question, I know, but I have not been following it closely. Just remember I hated that in GW1. I want a huge, open, explorable world just like a "real" MMO.
    It's a huge, open, explorable world, and due to persistent dynamic events it's actually better than most MMOs.

And no reward ??? awwwww
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    And no reward ??? awwwww
    Not sure if sarcasm. If not then,
    "To avoid too many major spoilers, the following video only shows the first part of the area up to the point where you start running into various traps."

So the possible reward wasn't shown if there was one. Exploring itself can be considered its own reward for a number of players.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    And no reward ??? awwwww
    He/she had only done the first part of the challenge so there will be a reward at the end if you manage to do the whole thing.
    Last edited by nalle; 2012-02-23 at 08:52 AM.

Not to be a buzzkill but I don't see how this is different from datacron collecting in TOR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Not to be a buzzkill but I don't see how this is different from datacron collecting in TOR?
    I suppose it is similar, kind of. But instead of gaining passive stat bonusses, which in all fairness, is kind of mandatory if you want to do operations and stuff, these will be cosmetic items, pets, weapons, gear, and fancy trinkets. Which aren't mandatory, but hopefully something you bump into while exploring.

Basically just because Tyria is better.

disclaimer: I have not played swtor and my view is entirely subjective and based upon total fanboyism. However, I don't believe swtor has such an in depth underwater world? Well, Think of the underwater caves, the shipwrecks, the coral reefs...so much potential. Plus, I just think it's better in a fantasy setting than a sci-fi setting. I mean, platforming across castle ruins? Epic. Platforming off a metal silo? Not so epic.

Deleted
    It's the same. A good thing though, I loved the datacron puzzles.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very cool scenery.

I have to admit though, that video made me never want to roll a female human. Their heads are entirely too small, and their bodies are freakishly long.

How the hell did that deer arrive there? That's a badass critter!

If onlly there were mounts :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Very cool scenery.

I have to admit though, that video made me never want to roll a female human. Their heads are entirely too small, and their bodies are freakishly long.
    You can customize a lot in character screen, so that player could've made the head smaller, you can make your head bigger if you so wish, and the lenght of your whole body.

Looks good, this is the type of thing ill be doing mostly.
    Allways found it fun to just go off on my own doing things like this.
    So thats a plus in my book.

Deleted
    "We don't usually implement jumping in our games but when we do we make sure it's gonna be for something"

15+ Year Old Account
    Sweet platforming But laggy as hell. But that shouldn't be a problem after the beta is over. I like it when exploring gets you rewarded. Not much to explore in wow

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Sweet platforming But laggy as hell. But that shouldn't be a problem after the beta is over. I like it when exploring gets you rewarded. Not much to explore in wow
    I guess you already know what it was that destroyed the explore feeling in World of Warcraft, it's a bit sad, and i'm so happy they are not going to add it in Guild Wars 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild wars II has everything!