Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Not going to happen. On GW2 Twitter a rep already said that multiple people can apply from the same IP address as long as the email addresses are valid.
    That is...Wow, one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Yeah it'd be hilarious, alright. Again they are all legit emails I use every day as well as active Guild Wars account emails. I don't sympathize, however, with the people who spam them and made tons of emails. Even so, they wouldn't ban anyone they would just not invite them. Thanks for your insight thought.
    I don't sympathize with anyone who applies with more than one email per human being, regardless of how much money you gave to them in the past.

(Also, I said ban from getting a chance from getting into the test so your correction was unnecessary)

Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial View Post
    Creating more e-mails won't get you anywhere. You actually send data to them and if you think you're only sending computer specs you're wrong.
    I'll bet you 10 to 1 that they have more than just an IP to find out which are from the same guy/girl.
    Yep. I did all of mine from 3 different PCs in my house. And again they're all valid emails that I have connected to GW1 accounts.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 11:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    That is...Wow, one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

I don't sympathize with anyone who applies with more than one email per human being, regardless of how much money you gave to them in the past.
    Well I'm glad that I care very little about what you think, then. Because my reasons for doing so were selfless and just insurance that if I DID get more than 1 I'd be able to give it to a loved one to use. And judging by your post history I'd also say that you haven't waited for GW2 nearly as long as I have which again really makes me care less about what you think of my methods.

FYI in case you haven't seen, I am not spamming emails. I used three. There are TONS of people spamming with 10+ emails to try to get access. I didn't create this post to start a flame war, if you have problems about people signing up for the beta with multiple emails why not go ahead and make a thread about it.
    Last edited by Mkalafut; 2012-02-23 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Well I'm glad that I care very little about what you think, then. Because my reasons for doing so were selfless and just insurance that if I DID get more than 1 I'd be able to give it to a loved one to use.
    Why are your loved ones more important than anyone else? That's a selfish action, not a selfless one.

Why are your loved ones more important than anyone else? That's a selfish action, not a selfless one.
    I never said they were more important. They are obviously more important to me, as they're my loved ones. I really don't see why you're making a huge stink about this. Selfish, by the way, would be creating 10 emails just to get 1 beta for myself. I used the 3 I already had, didn't create others, and on the slight chance I get more than 1 invite (If I even get one AT ALL) I'd be giving it away to someone to play with me.

Again if you want to flame or rant or whatever make your own thread about how you're bitter that people sign up using more than 1 personal email to do so. I'd love to read and contribute to it.
    Last edited by Mkalafut; 2012-02-23 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    I never said they were more important. They are obviously more important to me, as they're my loved ones. I really don't see why you're making a huge stink about this.
    You did, however, say it was a selfless action. It isn't, it directly benefits you to be able to play with your 'loved ones.'
    I'm making a 'huge stink' about it because you seem to think you are better than the people who make more mails so they themselves can have a bigger chance. You aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just try to sign-up again with the same e-mail. If it doesn't let you, that's confirmation right there.

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 06:06 PM ----------

You did, however, say it was a selfless action. It isn't, it directly benefits you to be able to play with your 'loved ones.'
    I'm making a 'huge stink' about it because you seem to think you are better than the people who make more mails so they themselves can have a bigger chance. You aren't.
    Maybe the word selfless wasn't accurate, but it's fair to say that his actions are in thought of other people than himself, even if they are people that he would call "loved ones."
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I didn't get an email for my Gmail account either, but if you try to enter again with the same email, It'll say that email is already signed up.

Again I never said I was better than anyone else. You need to calm down and if you feel this strongly go make a thread about it.

---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    I didn't get an email for my Gmail account either, but if you try to enter again with the same email, It'll say that email is already signed up.
    Yes I know. To which I already responded "My worry is that if this email doesn't show up, if I get invited will THAT email show up?".

Edit: I'm going to pick up dinner. I look forward to seeing and reading your new thread, Zefie. I'm sure it'll be great.

I don't know but, for me it worked very well with my Old Guildwars email
    (mostly cause thats a Hotmail but yeh)

Deleted
    Again I never said I was better than anyone else. You need to calm down and if you feel this strongly go make a thread about it.
    Yeah it'd be hilarious, alright. Again they are all legit emails I use every day as well as active Guild Wars account emails. I don't sympathize, however, with the people who spam them and made tons of emails. Even so, they wouldn't ban anyone they would just not invite them. Thanks for your insight thought.
    Insert eyeroll emoticon here.

And judging by your post history I'd also say that you haven't waited for GW2 nearly as long as I have which again really makes me care less about what you think of my methods..
    Was this edited in? Didn't remember it the first time around, anyway.
    >Implying that because you've been a longtime fan you deserve this more than anyone else.
    >Implying that I didn't play GW1 and HAVE actually been excited about GW2 simply because I don't constantly post in the GW2 section.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2012-02-23 at 12:22 AM.

The weirdest part of the whole "gmail didn't get confimation email" thing is that I got a newsletter from ncsoft (for which I signed up) that I can sign up for a chance to get into beta to my gmail account. With which I signed up for beta but did not receive the email.

I guess ncsoft's systems, which are responsible for arenanet guild wars 2 news letter, work better then arenanet's own, which sent confirmation when I tried to register with a non-gmail address.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    The weirdest part of the whole "gmail didn't get confimation email" thing is that I got a newsletter from ncsoft (for which I signed up) that I can sign up for a chance to get into beta to my gmail account. With which I signed up for beta but did not receive the email.

I guess ncsoft's systems, which are responsible for arenanet guild wars 2 news letter, work better then arenanet's own, which sent confirmation when I tried to register with a non-gmail address.
    ArenaNet claimed they're using something called BlueHornet.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I doubt it has anything to do with which email you use. I used gmail and I got my letter instantly. (signed up at ~7:30pm CET)

10+ Year Old Account

My (not very educated) guess is that a ton of people signed up at once and the email sending program they used glitched up and gmail is refusing to accept the email from it. Iunno

10+ Year Old Account

This appears to be random as well. I didn't get either, but some people have recieved only the confirmation mail or the newsletter, while some have recieved both (or neither, of course), all on gmail accounts.

http://www.bluehornet.com/

This is what Arenanet is using currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    My (not very educated) guess is that a ton of people signed up at once and the email sending program they used glitched up and gmail is refusing to accept the email from it. Iunno
    I've heard a theory that when the site launched thousands upon thousands of emails pretty much at once they got caught in gmail's spam filter, which was later removed, once google identified what's going on. This is why people who signed up later are getting the emails. That sounnds somewhat plausible.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2
    A couple things about the lack of email confirmation: Be very sure that you're entering your email address correctly (it's easy to typo -- this is exciting stuff!), check your spam folders, and if you're not sure and try to sign up again with the same email address, the system will tell you that the email address is already in use. ~RB2
    From Guild Wars 2 Facebook update

---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    I've heard a theory that when the site launched thousands upon thousands of emails pretty much at once they got caught in gmail's spam filter, which was later removed, once google identified what's going on. This is why people who signed up later are getting the emails. That sounnds somewhat plausible.
    Actually that sounds 100% possible. From a strong PC background I can tell ya that. Not saying that this is 100% what has happened to people like me but as far as plausible you can't beat that actually for reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Primary concern: what if there's a similar problem when ANet sends out e-mails saying people got in?

What if my Gmail account gets accepted... but... I don't actually get the e-mail? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    I signed up about 4 hours ago and haven't gotten it. I'm more worried about getting the acceptance email though (which I won't even get, so meh)