Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683

    No email confirmation

    Hey there. I signed up for the beta ~6 hours ago on 3 of my emails. I got a reply with one but not the other two, anybody know why I wouldn't be getting them? I know the site is probably getting BOMBED with people trying to sign up, but what should I do? I've already signed up so it won't let me do it again and there's nowhere that says "re-send confirmation".

    Are any of you in the same boat and if so what can we do about it? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Gmail addresses seem to not be getting confirmation emails. Not even in the spam box.

  3. #3
    I put in for beta testing about 3 hours ago and haven't gotten an e-mail yet. I'm sure they're sending out batchs of them or something.

    What does the e-mail do specifically? Just say you got in? Or does it make you click something to 'confirm' that you want to test.

    Edit: since the above poster mention gmail I figured I'd edit this to mention that my e-mail is a gmail. So maybe that's my issue.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    I put in for beta testing about 3 hours ago and haven't gotten an e-mail yet. I'm sure they're sending out batchs of them or something.

    What does the e-mail do specifically? Just say you got in? Or does it make you click something to 'confirm' that you want to test.
    It's just to confirm that you signed up correctly and that if you get accepted they will let you know. The fact that I didn't get an email about that, though, is what's worrying me.

  5. #5
    Epic! Kisuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bydgoszcz, Poland
    Posts
    1,646
    I didn't get one (and I have a gmail account), hovewer several other people reported getting theirs on gmail accounts. I'm waiting patiently until tomorrow.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Gmail addresses seem to not be getting confirmation emails. Not even in the spam box.
    Yeah I made sure it wasn't in my spam box. My girlfriend and brother signed up AFTER I did and I still don't have it and they got theirs within 2 minutes.

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-22 at 11:21 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    I didn't get one (and I have a gmail account), hovewer several other people reported getting theirs on gmail accounts. I'm waiting patiently until tomorrow.
    I will do my best at this waiting patiently thing, but after playing GW regularly since 2005 and anticipating GW2 since 2007 I think I've waited patiently enough lol

  7. #7
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,141
    Wait let me get this right. You're complaining that 1 out of your 3 emails that you used got a confirmation, be happy you got 1, i did it on 1 email when we could sign up for it, still no reply.

  8. #8
    the email itself just says thank you for signing up. they said on twitter that the system can take some time to get the emails out to some no worries alot of us that have gotten the mails signed up like withing the first 90 seconds after the site came up for the beta, and there for the system wasent cramped up by traffic. chill and it will come

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    3 of my emails
    you asshole
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Gmail addresses seem to not be getting confirmation emails. Not even in the spam box.
    I got my confirmation litterally seconds after i signed, on gmail

  11. #11
    Epic! Kisuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bydgoszcz, Poland
    Posts
    1,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    I will do my best at this waiting patiently thing, but after playing GW regularly since 2005 and anticipating GW2 since 2007 I think I've waited patiently enough lol
    I know how you feel, having played GW from the start myself. I'm just saying that since I've been waiting patiently for so long, a few hours more won't really make a difference

  12. #12
    I'm in the same boat, but felt quite reassured when I read this:
    If you get a message saying that your email is already signed up, then all your info is in our system. ~RB
    They also said that they'll re-add a function to resend the confirmation e-mail later.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Cadfuert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In your Hard drive eating your files
    Posts
    822
    I signed up 10minutes after was put up still ahvn't got email -.- when I go to resend the email says non valid email, when I do the scantron and sign up says my email is in use -.-

  14. #14
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    I know how you feel, having played GW from the start myself. I'm just saying that since I've been waiting patiently for so long, a few hours more won't really make a difference
    I tell myself that every day. I'm also hoping that regardless of confirmation email, my email was registered anyway (as it says when I try to re-sign up). Hopefully without the confirmation email I'd still be notified if I got beta or not. That's my worry though: If it doesn't show up, will I know if I get into beta with that email or not?

  15. #15
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,751
    I got two emails. This is cause I used the resend option when it was available. Took around a half hour to get it though.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I'm in the same boat, but felt quite reassured when I read this:

    They also said that they'll re-add a function to resend the confirmation e-mail later.
    I didn't see that. I've had my twitter and facebook open all day. Where did you see them say that they'll add that function? Not calling you out I just haven't seen it.

  17. #17
    >mfw people can't read properly and end up saying they received a confirmation for their beta access, which was never sent out in the first place

    People need to learn how to read, really. It confused a lot of people.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

    I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    you asshole
    What the fuck? They're all legitimate emails used for various things. At least I'm not "that guy" that goes around making emails on hotmail, gmail, and every other mail site just to get another extra chance at beta.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    I didn't see that. I've had my twitter and facebook open all day. Where did you see them say that they'll add that function? Not calling you out I just haven't seen it.
    About an hour ago,
    Just be patient. If you have not received it by the end of the weekend, there will be a function whereby you can request resend. ~RB

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    What the fuck? They're all legitimate emails used for various things. At least I'm not "that guy" that goes around making emails on hotmail, gmail, and every other mail site just to get another extra chance at beta.
    i forgot my /sarcasm tags
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •