Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the links, I hadn't paid much attention to the crafting system for GW2 due to having grown bored of them in the past 2 or 3 MMO's i'd played but this system looks both interesting and enjoyable/rewarding enough to actually partake in.

Currently planning on Ranger being my main so will most likely roll Weaponsmith/Huntsman to begin with, will have to see how beneficial Cooking is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    Awesome! It won't be boring as WoW is! Since I'm going to be a GL, I want to take on the hardest Crafting set I can to help out my guildies.

Going to end up with-
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Huntsman
    -and-
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cook
    -for my main.
    i'm gonna be a cook and leatherworker, we should get together sometime and swap armor for weapons lol xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    You can switch them out for others for a fee and retain everything you learned so you can max out all crafting professions on the same character if you really want to.
    What's the point of making you switch them out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    What's the point of making you switch them out?
    Because they only want you to have 2 at once, but say you think something along the lines of "Cooking is stupid i want to be a huntsman" and you go and drop cooking and become huntsman. Then you realize 3 days later huntsman completely sucks and you actually liked cooking a lot more, you don't lose all your progress.

Anet has said that the more you swap your crafting profs the more expensive it'll get, i haven't heard them say they put a cap on it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Oh, my bad. Read 'a fee' as 'free'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    i'm gonna be a cook and leatherworker, we should get together sometime and swap armor for weapons lol xD
    Rofl!

"Trade you these ummm... berries, for a fancy hat?"

Also, I'll have a ton of characters, so I just wanted to pick those first.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mhm Elixabeth did a great job with that one. I just can't believe how they're refining and questioning old systems to the point where it becomes a total wakeup call. Like... why doesn't other games work like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    The question is: Can you achieve a high skill in one of the professions without leveling your character to 40/80?
    I liked profession-twinks back in WoW, but they weren't very usefull until maxlevel. For example, a disenchanter was
    always good to have, back in vanilla you could disenchant everything with a Level5 character as far as I remember.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    Damn I love it. I noticed that he didn't try to use 4 components tho to probably give it another stat. He would have probably gotten more XP by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    The question is: Can you achieve a high skill in one of the professions without leveling your character to 40/80?
    I liked profession-twinks back in WoW, but they weren't very usefull until maxlevel. For example, a disenchanter was
    always good to have, back in vanilla you could disenchant everything with a Level5 character as far as I remember.
    The only restriction in place is this:

The level of crafting skill you have in that discipline does restrict what you can discover - if you just learned how to craft weapons, you can’t immediately create legendary swords - you need to hone your skills by making more mundane swords first. However, you shouldn’t have to make twenty bronze swords before you can learn to make an iron one.

So there doesn't seem to be any character level restriction, merely one based on your crafting level. So theoretically you could offload materials from one character to another and powerlevel other crafts, though this isn't a problem for ANet because they don't want you to feel like you're grinding. Or you could change your crafting discipline and use materials you've gained over time to powerlevel through that new discipline on the same character. Just in case you didn't see it:

- There are no gathering skills, everyone can gather any material at any time
    - There's no node ganking, 5 people can mine from the same node and if you mine it, it will disappear for you until it respawns
    - As you can see the more items you craft in succession the faster it goes so you're not waiting around for stuff to be crafted
    - You can take 2 crafting professions at once, change to a different one for a fee, then change back to your other profession and you retain everything
    - You're automatically given relevant basic crafting recipes when you reach the appropriate XP levels so you don't have to talk to anyone to get them
    - The discovery system makes it so you're not running around with the identical recipes that everyone else is
    - Insignias allow for full customization in what you make rather than per-determined loot
    - You can make items that are actually useful to you right out of the gate
    - No crafting failure
    - Crit crafts get you materials back or bonus XP