Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I finally got around to beating my first campaign lol, Factions. Then today I spent all day getting kurzick rep so I could buy summon spirits...I hate doing JQ as kurzick so I did a bit of pvp and some pve grinding and I hated every bit of it, but now my Rit has summon spirits and I got SoS today too. It's a nice improvement. Now I just need to finish the other campaigns, get my heroes I need for a better hero build, and then I can start working on really farming for HoM points.

Deleted
    Am I stupid or why I do not understand how this works. D:

I do have my old GW1 account with multiple lvl20 toons. I have linked my HoM (so it is account wide). When I go to HoM reward calculator I can see what I could do (like add some pets to get "20 Miniature Statues" for 2points). BUT when I go to game and bring some of my toons with undedicated pets to HoM I can not add them. There just is no option to "add xxx to collection". Same with armors. >_>

This is the HoM calculator: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Am I stupid or why I do not understand how this works. D:

I do have my old GW1 account with multiple lvl20 toons. I have linked my HoM (so it is account wide). When I go to HoM reward calculator I can see what I could do (like add some pets to get "20 Miniature Statues" for 2points). BUT when I go to game and bring some of my toons with undedicated pets to HoM I can not add them. There just is no option to "add xxx to collection". Same with armors. >_>

This is the HoM calculator: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome
    You need to get the tapestries to unlock each section of the HoM. After you unlock a section you can add the corresponding item/pet/armor/title. Tapestries can usually be acquired by completing parts of the Eye of the north campaign.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I finally got around to beating my first campaign lol, Factions. Then today I spent all day getting kurzick rep so I could buy summon spirits...I hate doing JQ as kurzick so I did a bit of pvp and some pve grinding and I hated every bit of it, but now my Rit has summon spirits and I got SoS today too. It's a nice improvement. Now I just need to finish the other campaigns, get my heroes I need for a better hero build, and then I can start working on really farming for HoM points.
    Factions is all I've beat too, I'm stuck on the other two campaigns lol.

If it helps any, both summon spirits and SoS have never been off my bars since I got them also pain inverter. Essence strike is also awesome for damage and free energy, but I'm digressing.

@ Iryne - if you have multiple toons with multiple HoM achievements, speak with the historian near the entrance/ exit. If you ask to see your account wide progress it will show you your progress on all characters. However, if you do two things twice it'll only count the first time - ie, make 2 obsidian armours it'll show up once. You can only be one Protector of Tyria) .

When you use the calculator, a drawback is it only shows you what you've done on that character. So you might have to type in every characters name you have and do some maths. Annoying, but the achivements are account wide, and you can view your HoM in account view from the historian guy to see whatg you've done. Hope this helps and I'm not giving useless info

Deleted
    TY both. ^_^ My poor lil' monk didn't have all tapestries. Need to give those pets to main. And I didn't notice that calculator only shows one toons progress. Good that you pointed it out.

It has been 2 years since I played this game.

And I didn't notice that calculator only shows one toons progress. Good that you pointed it out.
    It shows the account-wide achievements in the calculator:
    Q: Are the achievements on the Reward Calculator based on a specific Guild Wars character or based on all characters in the entire Guild Wars account?

A: Everything found on the Reward Calculator is account-based. While you may enter a single character's name into the Reward Calculator, it still displays the cumulative achievements of all characters on that account.
    Also note:
    Q: How do I view the account version of the Hall of Monuments in-game instead of the character version?

A: When entering the Hall of Monuments in-game you can speak to Kimmes the Historian, who will show you the account version of your Hall of Monuments, which shows all the monuments and statues you have unlocked across all characters on your account, rather than just a specific character's monument and statue unlocks.
    Source: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/faq/

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Go NF. Best campain and butload of heroes in it. Only downside I felt was once I finished I WANTED to get champion of gods title. But those last 5 points ... crazy much farming to get them, that won't happen.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    I got my armors aka Resilience-points. What is current price for hero armor upgrades and HoM weapons? I don't have any of those. >_> Should I try to farm them or use some platinum? I seem to have a bit over 360plat on vault box + some more on toons + some materials. I also need 39 uncommon pets, if I want full 50.

I have no idea what way I should go: buy pets or weapons or hero armor thingies? Do I even have money for weapons?

I got my armors aka Resilience-points. What is current price for hero armor upgrades and HoM weapons? I don't have any of those. >_> Should I try to farm them or use some platinum? I seem to have a bit over 360plat on vault box + some more on toons + some materials. I also need 39 uncommon pets, if I want full 50.

I have no idea what way I should go: buy pets or weapons or hero armor thingies? Do I even have money for weapons?
    You need one tormented weapon, which is I believe 22-23e, 11 destroyer weapons about 70-80k each and 3 opressor ... 2 should be easy enough to farm, 1 more is 80k-100k. Hero armors are easy to farm ... but there are limits on how much of them drops per character. The longer you farm the less likely they drop. I farmed all armors for nf champs so far, not hard, but wouldn't want to farm one more since the drop rate is too low for me now. Pets you can collect common ones ... look here for basic guide. You can buy the minis usually for the lower end of the price range.

So take your pick.

hero armour isn't terrible to farm, the stolen sunspear armour challenge took me 3 runs to get all the armour i needed, and someone was giving out cloth of the brotherhood before ;o
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27Thalas&n=Rofflemau

If anyone needs help on HoM, let me know via PM. Myself and my guild would be more than willing to help. We're all 45+/50 and we're getting everybody we can ready for GW2. PM me on the forums if you want more info. =]

I can tell you right now you'll be way short on money if you want 50/50. The Oby armor itself costs around 1.5 million plat. That being said if you just want 30/50 (which gets you all the actual rewards, past 30 just give titles) 300k plat should be enough to get you to 30 if you do it smart. Just look up some guides. Do not try and buy zkeys for that title though, you don't need it (and it'd cost you about 1 mil plat). You can however farm them if you're bored or farm them and sell them for 5k a piece for more money. I would need to see your HoM link to see what you have and are missing though.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I can tell you right now you'll be way short on money if you want 50/50. The Oby armor itself costs around 1.5 million plat. That being said if you just want 30/50 (which gets you all the actual rewards, past 30 just give titles) 300k plat should be enough to get you to 30 if you do it smart. Just look up some guides. Do not try and buy zkeys for that title though, you don't need it (and it'd cost you about 1 mil plat). You can however farm them if you're bored or farm them and sell them for 5k a piece for more money. I would need to see your HoM link to see what you have and are missing though.
    I don't think money is the issue if you want 50/50. I plan to finish at 45 and that will be with 5 points in honor missing. 5 points = 25 statues ... you need to do all the vanquishing and cartographers and guardians ugh .... crazy amount of farming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I'm really bad at farming stuff (can not force myself to repeat stuff over and over). I tried to do the HC missions for Guardian-titles, but meh, bonus objectives are annoying. Like the HC D'Alessio Seaboard that I tried to do today: I run the bonus side(opened the door), rushed to protect Confessor Dorian from the undead, saved him, returned to get Offering to Melandru AND when I returned to the temple the siege re-started. -> "Mission failed, return to outpost" >_> I play SS nuker necro, heroes are: Discordway + Mesmer Midline & SoS/SoGM/ST Rt

Anyways, I now have 22/50: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAKEAQQAAAAAA (will this link work for others?)

I think I should get these:
    - 2 points: "20 Miniature Statues" -> buy 6 minipets
    - 1 point: "10 Statues" -> need one title, asura is almost rank 8, farm ugh >_>

That would give me 25 points. Maybe I should just leave it there, since pvp title is out of my reach (3points). I could get one or two weapons, but no way to get expensive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I don't think money is the issue if you want 50/50. I plan to finish at 45 and that will be with 5 points in honor missing. 5 points = 25 statues ... you need to do all the vanquishing and cartographers and guardians ugh .... crazy amount of farming.
    That's all I have left too is Cartographer (4 titles), Skill Hunter, (4 titles) and Vanquisher (4 titles). Then I'll be GWAMM and 50/50 =]

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    That's all I have left too is Cartographer (4 titles), Skill Hunter, (4 titles) and Vanquisher (4 titles). Then I'll be GWAMM and 50/50 =]
    Yeah. I think the title for 50/50 is awesome especially in regard to NF, the best GW1 campain ^^ ... but I just can't imagine doing all the vanquishing/map searching/skill hunting. That's crazy amount of farming. I think it takes same amount of time to get to 40 hom as it takes to get from 40 to 50.

For ppl who are still collecting HoM points ... with the GW1 7th birthday this week there is an event that makes all faction farming much easier and you get extra drops from mobs on top of that.