Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sucks because I just picked up Ruiz. I've got Avilia but needed another depth catcher to fill his place when Tigers don't play.

Hopefully they can pick it up.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You guys had a good run.
    Home opener is today at the Rogers Centre (skydome). Sold out. Gotta watch Game of Thrones first though

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Blue Jays lost. Cancel the parade. Maybe next year :P
    I'm used to that by now. What about the Mets at 3-0 though? Can they still plan their parade?

I don't think New York really plans parades - they're so well versed in them that they're set up before they've finished poppin corks in the clubhouse so i think the Mets are safe atleast for now.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Haha. My Twins are tied with the Yankees and Red Sox! I never get to say that! (Major caveat: the Twins were playing the O's, while the other two were playing potential division winners. /sadface).

Twins are in for a long season ;( We have looked utterly terrible in every game, I think I saw gardenhire pulling on a flask at one point. At least our announcers (On tv) are the most entertaining in all of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    Twins are in for a long season ;( We have looked utterly terrible in every game, I think I saw gardenhire pulling on a flask at one point. At least our announcers (On tv) are the most entertaining in all of sports.
    Ughhhh.... scored 6 runs in 4 games. hit two balls past the infield today... one Willingham homer, one fly out. Small sample size, but at this rate, Miguel Cabrera alone will drive in more runs than the Twins score all season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Woot 4-0. If Porcello pitches great like he did today the Tigers are beastmode. Moore pitched great for the Rays, but as soon as that bullpen came in bam, it was 5-2 and the Big Potato got the save this time.

Woot 4-0. If Porcello pitches great like he did today the Tigers are beastmode. Moore pitched great for the Rays, but as soon as that bullpen came in bam, it was 5-2 and the Big Potato got the save this time.
    Let's see... four games into the season, and my team is four games behind the Tigers. That's it, I'm jumping ship. Call me a Tigers fan now (it's ok, I lived in Michigan for a few years).

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jays are beating the Sox gawd I hate the Red Sox might be more like I hate there fans Idk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen any links on this news thus far, but I thought I'd post this.

Roy Firestone is a blogger and regular poster on OriolesHangout.com (link is for anyone who isn't sure who Roy is) Usually, Roy is very careful about what he posts in regards to 'inside info' or whatever he may hear from people within the industry. With that said, he had this to say tonight in regards to the not-yet-finished Dodgers sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Firestone
    May mean nothing but FOX is objecting to the lack of disclosure in who is ALSO
    behind the sale, meaning TIME WARNER. MLB is objecting because there isnt enough
    money up front. It also may mean something is up. Stay tuned.
    Link to the thread.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)

10+ Year Old Account
    nice bounce back win for the boys in blue

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 03:57 PM ----------

jays beat red sox, head to Baltimore.. get to feast on some O's pitching

15+ Year Old Account
    The Sox have scored 10 runs in their five games outside of the 13-12 loss to Detroit. That includes four in a win so they have scored six runs in four losses. Their offense is nonexistent. Should pick up when Crawford is back, but they are digging a deep hole right now just like last season.

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 03:23 PM ----------

Verlander took a 2-0 lead into the ninth having given up 1 hit all day. Gave up hit, hit, walk, wild pitch a run, and a hit down the line to score a second run to tie the game. BAH!! And the Big Potato gives up a 2 run single.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-11 at 07:35 PM.

Posada to throw out the first pitch on Friday at the Yankees home opener - nice touch but i guess it will be weird for him to be on the mound side as opposed to behind the plate!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Jays offense is non existent, they are winning games with good defense and some solid pitching.

15+ Year Old Account
    John Broxton for Kansas City became the first pitcher in 46 years to end a game by hitting two batters in a row. In a 4-4 tie with the A's, he hit Cespedes to load the bases then hit Gomes to walk in the winning run. Awesome.

John Broxton for Kansas City became the first pitcher in 46 years to end a game by hitting two batters in a row. In a 4-4 tie with the A's, he hit Cespedes to load the bases then hit Gomes to walk in the winning run. Awesome.
    lulz. the Twins won! I didn't know that was possible. Pujols looked completely overmatched by Glen Perkins (a lefty setup guy, someone Pujols should mash the crap out of).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    lulz. the Twins won! I didn't know that was possible. Pujols looked completely overmatched by Glen Perkins (a lefty setup guy, someone Pujols should mash the crap out of).
    No way. No way did the Twins win. Someone messed up the box score. The dream of the 0-162 season is apparently dead sadface.

Puljos is sort of looking like the 36 year old he actually is all the sudden. I'm sure he will improve, but moving to the AL was such a stupid move lol. The AL is so much better than the NL it isn't funny.

Puljos is sort of looking like the 36 year old he actually is all the sudden. I'm sure he will improve, but moving to the AL was such a stupid move lol. The AL is so much better than the NL it isn't funny.
    Yeah. Not to take anything away from Perkins, he got ridiculous last year once they decided he was a reliever rather than a starter (velocity went from low 90's to upper 90's, and he has a nasty slider). He got Pujols to swing and miss by at least two feet on that slider to strike him out. I'm guessing he'll get a huge closer contract with some other team soon. Always happens.

back to .500 before they hit the Bronx with the sweep of the Orioles, panic appears to be lessened, however i bet it's still going crazy in Boston with them being 1-5! Mightily worried though if i'm being honest, you've got Kuroda heading to play the opener at Yankee Stadium facing the Angels, the prospect of Pujols + Yankee Stadium (or Fenway for that matter) is not a pleasant thought for Yankees/Red Sox fans!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbren View Post
    Haven't seen any links on this news thus far, but I thought I'd post this.

Roy Firestone is a blogger and regular poster on OriolesHangout.com (link is for anyone who isn't sure who Roy is) Usually, Roy is very careful about what he posts in regards to 'inside info' or whatever he may hear from people within the industry. With that said, he had this to say tonight in regards to the not-yet-finished Dodgers sale:

Link to the thread.
    Found some links. Nothing on Time Warner yet, but definitely some interesting info.

TheNation.com Link

[...] But like a Magic pass, this headline also held its share of misdirection. The real players behind the curtain are a financial services firm called Guggenheim Partners. The actual General Managing Partner of the team, the true owner, is Guggenheim CEO Mark Walter. “Mark Walter buys Dodgers” is a decidedly less flashy headline.
    Deadspin.com Link

EDIT: Seem to be having issues w/ the Deadspin link. Loads for me in Internet Exp., but not Google Chrome. Maybe an AdBlocker issue? Whatever ... it's a really short read, so I'll just quote the important stuff.

[...] Andrew Ross Sorkin reports in the New York Times this morning that the chief backers behind the Dodgers new ownership don't exactly have the money for the team. Instead, they anticipate that they will borrow money to purchase them … but they haven't exactly secured that money?

The lead man behind the sale, Guggenheim Partners CEO Mark Walter, apparently is expecting to use some money from his insurance group to pay.

As Sorkin reports: "Using insurance money—which is typically supposed to be invested in simple, safe assets—to buy a baseball team, the ultimate toy for the ultrarich, seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen."

Which, fine! Guggenheim Partners can deal with that. But Sorkin also reports that Walter may not have actually told his investors that he wanted to purchase the team and that he wants their money.

Maybe Walter can argue that this is a really smart investment? Sports teams do appreciate wildly in value. Frank McCourt spent less than $500 million (also leveraged) for the team, and he more than quadrupled that sale price. But Walter would have an easier time making that case if his group hadn't outspent the next closest competitor on the market by as much as a half billion dollars. Or if he hadn't already said he's not interested in getting a return on his investment—just a play thing for himself and Magic and Magic's grandkids.
    Elbren (Paladin) - Priam (Warlock) - Pompeymagnus (Hunter) - Rahab (Shaman) - Ithillian (Druid) - Licinius (Mage) - Romulus (Warrior)