Page 9 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The Jays offense is non existent, they are winning games with good defense and some solid pitching.

they used it all in spring training.. to be fair they had 2x 7 run games this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    John Broxton for Kansas City became the first pitcher in 46 years to end a game by hitting two batters in a row. In a 4-4 tie with the A's, he hit Cespedes to load the bases then hit Gomes to walk in the winning run. Awesome.
    I miss him already

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Twins beat the Angels in a pretty good game both Mauer and Morneau had HR's which they haven't had in the same game since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Twins beat the Angels in a pretty good game both Mauer and Morneau had HR's which they haven't had in the same game since 2010.
    Don't forget Willingham, who seems to be leading MLB for HR. Somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Don't forget Willingham, who seems to be leading MLB for HR. Somehow.
    Yeah he's been pretty solid this year hopefully he can keep it up. I'm not a twins fan but I like to root for the lower payroll teams.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cleveland apparently about to sign Johnny Damon, for what it's worth... 1.25 million for 1 year, with 1.4 million in incentive bonuses, also an out clause for him if/when Sizemore comes back and he's not starting (also assumes Shelley Duncan tears it up)

dunno about this one, they seem to do something like this every year and sometimes it works (Kevin Millwood, Trot Nixon), but sometimes it really doesn't (Aaron Boone)...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

You've got to think that Damon's a better bat than Duncan, granted Duncan can atleast play the OF these days (i wouldn't like Damon doing so - his arm is empty) but Damon is still capable of getting on base, still has a bit of pop in his bat & still runs well. Rumour has it that Damon however is desperate to get to 3000, that could be problematic given the fact he'll chase pitches & still requires nearly 280 hits to get there, so at very best another 2 seasons, the biggest thing in his favour though is the fact he plays, he has avoided injury thus far and could be good for almost all the remaining games this season if needed.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Black Sox beat the Tigers and Boston killed Tampa...Becket did pretty good I don't like Boston but I like Becket. Also NY beat the Angles A.Rod and Granderson Homered.

Granderson's was a wall scraper, Arods was a bit too but given the fact his was also straight away centre field it's difficult to justify calling it that! Kuroda went 8+ to save the Yankees pen tonight following 2 bonus baseball night games in Baltimore. But yeah, the Red Sox destroyed Tampa, kinda get the feeling Price got hurt looking at the box, only threw 83 pitches - might be something to look out for.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 11:03 PM ----------

Hughes got shelled today, same story as his outing against TB, too many pitches, it's not as if he doesn't have out pitches, he's struck out 11 over the 8 innings he's pitched, but jeez the guy just can't find the right pitch to get guys out on 3-4 pitches, opponents are fouling him off and extending his pitch count. In todays game he just flat out got bombed for 5 runs on 2 big flies but that's not a good sign, especially when you consider there's two pitchers waiting for rotation spots when they're ready, Mr Hughes may find himself in Scranton before much longer. Phelps was impressive out of the pen, gave some distance & saved the pen to an extent, gotta be said only giving up one run on a solo shot should give him some confidence - although you'd have preferred not to be using him i guess.

Just seen the Ellsbury injury as well, looked a tough one but he slid right for the bag & took out Brignac who fell on top of him - 6-8 weeks estimated but well, its another Ellsbury injury, he has to have thought he was over those injury issues after last year but maybe not!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Texas seems to have picked up where they left off last year. Wouldn't be surprised one bit to see them take the division again. Darvish is playing much better than I expected this early, still a bit shaky tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear some day the Dodgers will have to play somebody other than the Padres and Pirates, but why, why can't they just play the Padres for the rest of the season? we'd be looking at a 150 win team!

M-E-T-S METS METS METS! We Believe!

Boston is looking really bad this year, and thats coming from a twins fan, so I know bad!

St. Louis are looking like geniuses so far for letting pujols go at that price. If he does not bring it around sometime soon there will be talk of "worst contract of all time", and the talk could begin THIS year, not three years down the line as people expect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I didn't understand that contract at all when A-Rod signed that first 250mil contract he was in his mid 20's and he was still in his prime. The angels signed Pujols at the back end of his prime which is crazy esp for that price point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the first couple weeks of a contract that involves changing leagues is too early to start thinking about such things, but as a Dodgers fan living in the Anaheim area I will enjoy every misstep the Angels make

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel you since I'm a lowly A's fan that lives in the south. Angels is my second most hated team next to the Red Sox.

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 03:19 PM ----------

There's 30 teams in the MLB the Pirates are 30th in runs,29 in Batting Avg,30th in On Base%,and 30th in Slug% they continue to be the worst team in baseball I don't live in Pitt so I don't know who there owner and GM is but man they should get rid of them both.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2012-04-15 at 05:43 PM.

Red Sox tore Tampa a new hole this weekend. 30 runs in in 3 games. Hopefully their bullpen can get their shit together.

Yeah but the problem with the Red Sox is that what also happened is they had another hole torn in that outfield with Ellsbury going down - that'd be my biggest thought from this weekend if i was a Boston fan since he's a game changer at the dish, on the bases & in the field, especially with that outfield at Fenway he'll be missed.

As for the Pirates, it's not like they don't have some talent, but for some reason they just can't get it to work for them.

man what a botch job in the Dodgers game there, foul bunt the catcher picks up & throws to third initiating a ghost triple play - umps really screwed that call right there no wonder the Padres manager got run there!
    Last edited by koodledrum; 2012-04-15 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Yeah but the problem with the Red Sox is that what also happened is they had another hole torn in that outfield with Ellsbury going down - that'd be my biggest thought from this weekend if i was a Boston fan since he's a game changer at the dish, on the bases & in the field, especially with that outfield at Fenway he'll be missed.

As for the Pirates, it's not like they don't have some talent, but for some reason they just can't get it to work for them.
    Yes, losing Ellsbury is a downer, but i think we Boston fans are honestly used to it at this point, with injuries. Last year it seemed every man in the rotation was lost at some point..

10+ Year Old Account
    Boston fans will need to be used to injuries if they're gonna plug Repko in there, that guy is incapable of staying healthy, his hamstrings won't last a week