Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3 big flies for Curtis Granderson last night, gotta admit that guy when he gets going just has the perfect swing for Yankee Stadium but 3 in a night, someone clearly had their wheaties for breakfast!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Sox lose on their big celebration at Fenway and Bucholz gets shelled again. He did manage to get his ERA down to 9.00 after the game today though so things are looking up for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodgers continue to punish the bottom of the barrel of MLB

they were pretty close to a better outcome in Milwaukee losing in the 9th and 10th on the road, they seem to be overworking Guerra a bit but that can happen to closers when a team is on a roll

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yoenis Cespedes and Kurk Suzuki is the only players the A's have I can't even watch that team right now it's so boring and there on the bottom off just about every stat right now in MLB. Hopefully they will move to San Jose and be done in Oakland.

In Bucholz's defense the ball was flying out of Fenway last night, although Arod did put one into the parking lot behind the monster that ball was smashed & one of Chavez's two was over the BP wall in right field for a cheap homer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I saw the clip from the Arod homer and was like damn.

Perfect game by Philip Humber against the Mariners!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Perfect game by Philip Humber against the Mariners!
    Pretty good. Grats to him. First since Halladay's in 2010 although technically it should have been the first since Armando Galaraga's perfect game in 2010 that was stolen from him on the 27th out by a historically bad call by Jim Joyce. Still can't believe Bud Selig didn't overturn that decision and declare it a perfect game rather than celebrating the human factor of the game that pissed all over history.

<-Bitter Detroit fan.

c'mon you're expecting the league to get their head out their ass after all these years?

And what the hell was that Yankees game all about, Dubront was immense then the Sox bullpen just coughed it up bigtime, Bobby V getting BOOED in a manner i haven't heard a manager abused for a long time! He just looked by the end of that game as if he wanted to chuck it all and move to one of those uninhabited islands with nothing but a tin shack & some cooking gas for company meanwhile Swisher looked like he was having the time of his life, loved it!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Pretty good. Grats to him. First since Halladay's in 2010 although technically it should have been the first since Armando Galaraga's perfect game in 2010 that was stolen from him on the 27th out by a historically bad call by Jim Joyce. Still can't believe Bud Selig didn't overturn that decision and declare it a perfect game rather than celebrating the human factor of the game that pissed all over history.

<-Bitter Detroit fan.
    I agree, I wish there was a way for us to correct the record books and add Armando's stolen perfect game. Humber is #22, not 21. Bud Selig is a complete joke. and just for the record, I'm a Cleveland fan (so it's not just bias from the Kitties fans)
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    I agree, I wish there was a way for us to correct the record books and add Armando's stolen perfect game. Humber is #22, not 21. Bud Selig is a complete joke. and just for the record, I'm a Cleveland fan (so it's not just bias from the Kitties fans)
    I say just include in the list with a little asterisk.

I have never heard of the person that got the perfect game today...I feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I have never heard of the person that got the perfect game today...I feel old.
    There's no reason you should have heard of him. He's been around since 2006, has played for four teams, has never been exceptional in any way, and only really became a starter last year. http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...umbeph01.shtml

10+ Year Old Account
    NY went 15 unanswered on Sox man both of those teams are aging and are not that good. Texas is whooping up on Detroit like its nothing and the A's are still losing....man I hate baseball this year. Texas is by far the best team this year I thought that Detroit would have been tough for them but there killing them. Rangers/Dodgers in WS that would piss off the east coasters for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    NY went 15 unanswered on Sox man both of those teams are aging and are not that good. Texas is whooping up on Detroit like its nothing and the A's are still losing....man I hate baseball this year. Texas is by far the best team this year I thought that Detroit would have been tough for them but there killing them. Rangers/Dodgers in WS that would piss off the east coasters for sure.
    I would say it's too early in the season to make that assumption, but with Texas being in the World Series twice in a row, I think you may be right, or at least one of the top five teams this year.

It will be funny if at the end of the yea if the Cardinals make the playoffs, and the Angels don't.

<-Bitter Detroit fan.
    Bud is just trying to become the Angel of Stern of baseball

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Ya, Detroit completely shut them down yesterday in the second game. Texas beat them the first the first game when Adam Wilk started. I've never even fucking heard of him and I'm a Tigers fan. Then Schlerth came in and he is awful. The second game was Porcello's first and inevitable complete breakdown of the year. Porcello pitches 2-3 great games followed by an absolutely horrendous game and has done that all his career. Verlander had his worst start of the year throwing 117 pitches over only 6 innings. Still gave up 0 ER and had 8ks.

Texas is a damn good team and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they made the World Series again. Hopefully they won't blow it again.

Ya, Detroit completely shut them down yesterday in the second game. Texas beat them the first the first game when Adam Wilk started. I've never even fucking heard of him and I'm a Tigers fan.
    You have Smyly going today... who the heck is Smyly? I've only been following Detroit this year on Verlander days... they having issues with the starters or something?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, Detroit completely shut them down yesterday in the second game. Texas beat them the first the first game when Adam Wilk started. I've never even fucking heard of him and I'm a Tigers fan. Then Schlerth came in and he is awful. The second game was Porcello's first and inevitable complete breakdown of the year. Porcello pitches 2-3 great games followed by an absolutely horrendous game and has done that all his career. Verlander had his worst start of the year throwing 117 pitches over only 6 innings. Still gave up 0 ER and had 8ks.

Texas is a damn good team and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they made the World Series again. Hopefully they won't blow it again.
    Honestly I would have been surprised if we won game 2 yesterday. Verlander is a god among baseball players. Tonight's win was a bit lackluster for me I hate a game being decided on a bad call, but Detroit seemed to be falling apart some of those miscues were just painful to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hum the Angels lose to the O's in a pretty boring game and the Astro's own the Dodgers tonight not a fun day to listen to sports media in LA tomorrow.