Page 21 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stopbeingdumb View Post
    What a shit-tastic season. Thank you Red Sox, for breaking my spirit.
    lol.

(If you don't know why I lol'd, you probably live on the East Coast (and maybe didn't follow baseball before 2004).)

I am predicting it now, Yankees win the world series over...I do not know yet! And it is not just because of there nine game win streak. People been sleeping on them and saying the rays/os were better all season!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    I am predicting it now, Yankees win the world series over...I do not know yet! And it is not just because of there nine game win streak. People been sleeping on them and saying the rays/os were better all season!
    The Rays are better, just unhealthy. No one in their right mind thought the Os were better unless they were from Baltimore and were on a heavy regimen of pills. I still think the Rays and Rangers are better in the AL and probably no one is better in the NL, but that didn't stop the Rangers from losing the last two World Series to NL teams they should have beaten. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Yankees get there though. As long as the Sox don't make the playoffs I am fine with anyone else from that division winning it.

ehhhh.. i dunno yet.. granted we've been getting lights out starting pitching this past month .. the lack of hitting in RISP and no Mariano scares me.. they say pitching wins championships but it's been the lack of clutch hitting that's been hurting the Yanks

that being said, i don't see how you can say the Rays are better.. where? not on paper.. you can make an argument for SP, but even that's a stretch

10+ Year Old Account
    Roger Clemens was found not guilty in his perjury trial. While nobody was paying attention to it, and whether or not he actually took anything, he's not gonna be looked at the same way again by a lot of people.

That's gotta grate on you guys that the American economy is suffering meanwhile the government sees fit to spend millions to try & get Bonds/Clemmens to admit they juiced in the steroid era only to see both wriggle off various charges despite, lets face it, the fact we all know they were both up to it along with a good chunk of players back then.

And who'd have thought that despite the fact the Yankees struggled to hit with RISP they'd have the best record in the AL, win 10 straight against above .500 teams, gotta admit everyone seems to have been chipping in from the starters to bit part players - and a large chunk of that in NL ballparks!!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Roger Clemens was found not guilty in his perjury trial. While nobody was paying attention to it, and whether or not he actually took anything, he's not gonna be looked at the same way again by a lot of people.
    Baseball writers already have showed that if you where suspected of PED you wouldn't touch the hall.... Now How about R.A. Dickey gotta love that knuckle-ball what is it in the 80s? first pitcher since what 1988(could be wrong) to throw back to back 1 hitter and first since 1900s to throw back to back 1 hitter with more than 10k? At least us Mets fan have something to cheer about

RA dickey pisses me off so god damn much, we did not use him right when he was on the twins at ALL. Then he went to another team and he is kicking major ass

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there are many people who actually doubt he took drugs. He had his best season at 42! Combined his sudden resurgence with fact that EVERYONE was doing drugs in that era and I have no doubt at all he took steroids. It was freaking retarded for the government to waste millions trying to get perjury charges on him though, just like it was Bonds. Who the hell cares? They didn't lie about a legitimate crime. They didn't go up on the stands and lie about seeing someone get killed. They lied about taking steroids, something hundreds of other players were doing. I am so sick of the lawyer driven culture of Washington and the US in general. Lets sue or try and get charges for this hopeless case. It doesn't matter since they still get paid massive amounts of money.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 07:16 AM ----------

Big grats to Dickey on two 1 hitters in a row.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 07:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lastima View Post
    Baseball writers already have showed that if you where suspected of PED you wouldn't touch the hall.
    They are going to change that at some point though. There is no way they can go with leaving out nearly every single player but Griffey from the last generation of players lol. Eventually they will break down and let some of those guys in and Clemens will almost certainly be one of them. Who knows about Bonds though. Imagine the Hall of Fame not having the best hitter of all time and the guy with the single season and career home run records not in the hall of fame lol. That is right up there on the Shoeless Joe Jackson level of stupidity. They should get over themselves and induct Rose, Bonds, and Jackson already. Hell Jackson hit like .375 in the World Series so he wasn't completely trying to tank the thing like other guys, especially their pitchers, were.

They are going to change that at some point though. There is no way they can go with leaving out nearly every single player but Griffey from the last generation of players lol. Eventually they will break down and let some of those guys in and Clemens will almost certainly be one of them. Who knows about Bonds though. Imagine the Hall of Fame not having the best hitter of all time and the guy with the single season and career home run records not in the hall of fame lol. That is right up there on the Shoeless Joe Jackson level of stupidity. They should get over themselves and induct Rose, Bonds, and Jackson already. Hell Jackson hit like .375 in the World Series so he wasn't completely trying to tank the thing like other guys, especially their pitchers, were.
    Well this year they have Craig Biggio, Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Mike Piazza, Curt Schilling, Sammy Sosa these are the players who become eligible for 2013... I wouldn't be surprise if we see a year with no one entering...If the writers where strict on Rose (don't forget the veteran committee) and never voted him in his 15 years of eligibility who is to say they wont do it again...But you are correct tho something gotta give only time will tell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Peralta got thrown out for the Rays for having a foreign substance on his pitching glove. Pro move by the Nats using their knowledge of his habits, as a former Nat, to get him thrown out.

haha yeah i saw that this morning & laughed, what made it slightly funnier was that Madden made the Nats pitcher show his hat & glove off as a bit of gamesmanship, i love that guy he adds an extra dimension of fun into the game at times, he knew his pitcher was wrong but also figured hey if they're gonna do it to me i'm gonna do it to them!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Peralta got thrown out for the Rays for having a foreign substance on his pitching glove. Pro move by the Nats using their knowledge of his habits, as a former Nat, to get him thrown out.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if I was them I would do the same. However, I wouldn't be the one who lets him get away with it while he's on my team either. So really, Maddon has a reason at least a little to be upset. If they knew he was a cheater, then why didn't they do something about it while he was on their team?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but if I was them I would do the same. However, I wouldn't be the one who lets him get away with it while he's on my team either. So really, Maddon has a reason at least a little to be upset. If they knew he was a cheater, then why didn't they do something about it while he was on their team?
    Nah not sarcastic. They did exactly what they should have done. Frankly I wish more teams would do that since there is no way he is even close to the only guy that does that. Maddon even said it was a common practice across the league.

its been like what, two weeks? Still the pirates stand above .500. Im loving the pre all-star break drama theyve created these last 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    its been like what, two weeks? Still the pirates stand above .500. Im loving the pre all-star break drama theyve created these last 2 years.
    They are still one of only two teams with a .500 or better record and a negative run differential. Theoretically one of those things is going to balance out at some point. Thanks for taking two from the Indians though.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    lol.

(If you don't know why I lol'd, you probably live on the East Coast (and maybe didn't follow baseball before 2004).)
    Oh, when the Red Sox came back from a 3-0 deficit to beat the Yankees in the ALCS? then went on to swep the cardinals in the WS, and Manny Ramirez almost single handedly blew Game one, or when Schilling had his fucked up ass ankle and still threw one hell of a game.

Or how about the year before when Boone teed off Wakefield in extra inning to send the Yankees to the world series, when if Tito would have pulled Pedro earlier than in the 7th, it never would have happened.

Nope, know nothing about the red sox, although i've attended games before Clemons was even drafted.............

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Clemons. Like Clemens only only more tart in his old age.

Quote Originally Posted by stopbeingdumb View Post
    Nope, know nothing about the red sox, although i've attended games before Clemons was even drafted.............
    That's not what I meant. I just know too many people from the Boston area who couldn't have cared less about baseball until 2004, and now (essentially) threaten to burn down Fenway and do other nasty things when the Red Sox lose a few games. If you don't fit that description, I give my sincerest apology for insulting you.

(And as long as we're walking down baseball memory lane... how about Kirby Puckett in Game 6 of the 1991 world series? Beast.)
    Last edited by belfpala; 2012-06-21 at 05:11 AM.

Sad that Johnson and maddon are still carryng on with this stupid debate over the media they have going. It is wrong to cheat, but it is also wrong to call out a former player of yours on something you know he did because HE DID IT WHEN HE WAS WITH YOU AND YOU DID NOTHING. I hope free agents avoid the Nationals like the plague, and I feel bad sayng that because I love strasburg.