Page 43 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It would be funny to see the Giants, and Orioles in the World Series, because both have Halloween colors.
    If it keeps the Yankees out, make it so.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It would be funny to see the Giants, and Orioles in the World Series, because both have Halloween colors.
    well, my O's/Reds prediction is out, so I'll agree with pala there; make it so! no Yankee$!
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Down with the Yanks! Hate those bastards. If the Cardinals can pull off the win tonight then I'm hoping for an all wild card world series, bird vs bird.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

I'm also totally down for a double bird series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    Down with the Yanks! Hate those bastards. If the Cardinals can pull off the win tonight then I'm hoping for an all wild card world series, bird vs bird.
    That's how I filled out my bracket as well. Cardinals vs. Orioles.

I would be happy if any of them except the Yankees or Nationals won it.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-10-12 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    If it keeps the Yankees out, make it so.
    Even if they do make it..it's not lookin good against the Tigers.. They need the Twins to beat up on in order to get past the first round..

Arod out of the lineup for game 5. Why not sit Granderson? Why not Swisher? Why not Cano? Panic mode has officially set in.
    Last edited by sheffield; 2012-10-12 at 06:13 PM.

Why not Swisher, why not Granderson - allow me to point out the blatantly obvious. Available OF: Granderson, Ichiro, Swisher, Ibanez, Gardner. Gardner has injury issues which mean while he's cleared to bat, he's not 100%, Ibanez while cleared to play outfield is 40 years of age & runs comparable with Jorge Posada - so there's your two options to replace Granderson & Swisher. Granderson's been shocking, no two ways about that, but he's still gold glove centre fielder, Swisher has been shocking but looking at his at bats last night he hit three balls well to the outfield & GIDP which Arod poofed out of breaking up. As for Cano, well that's again pretty damn obvious - name one second baseman on that roster right now who you'd put in there over Cano? Didn't think so.

Granderson's in there for his glove, Swisher's in there because the Yankees don't trust Ibanez enough in the outfield to play him in RF & even if they did, who would DH - that would leave you either Jayson Nix, Eduardo Nunez or either Arod or Swisher, with Jeter banged up right now you basically need Nix there as cover & you need to keep Stewart on the bench anyways. We simply put don't have the bodies to bench all the offenders, but Arod is the one who's getting booed off the field, Arod's the one who is pretty much destroying the work of the two guys doing most of the damage (Jeter & Ichiro), it was either bench him or hit him 8th again - pick your poison!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

uhh, I think you kinda missed my point, but whatever.. it's hard to convey sarcasm. it was meant as a rhetorical question.
    i watch every single pitch of every single game.. you don't need to tell me

just scored game 2 ALCS tickets.. we'll know in a few hours if i'm going or not
    Last edited by sheffield; 2012-10-12 at 07:56 PM.

got to remember the [sarcasm] tags!

On the other hand I'm just happy it's an early evening game - 5am last night before I gave up, 5am the other night in Baltimore, should be a hell of a lot earlier tonight, good excuse for a couple of beers watching the game!

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    got to remember the [sarcasm] tags!

On the other hand I'm just happy it's an early evening game - 5am last night before I gave up, 5am the other night in Baltimore, should be a hell of a lot earlier tonight, good excuse for a couple of beers watching the game!
    that's gotta be rough.. i'm sure when they win, it makes everything alright. i can relate as there's nothing worse than staying up and watching a west coast game, only to see them lose.. makes me a grumpy person the next morning. i can only imagine how much tougher it is in a different country. who does the broadcast? do you get the YES broadcast during the regular season? or do you watch off some site?

it's going to be interesting to see if/how Girardi plays the bullpen game tonight. you figure everyone is on deck minus Pettite, perhaps.

I'd heard everyone was available except Kuroda & possibly Joba (understandable!).

As for watching it, it can be a pain in the ass, more so if it's an east coast Sunday game - I don't even attempt those, first pitch is 3am, but hey, it works! ESPN broadcasts in the UK and has ESPN America which pretty much has nothing but American sports, generally a few games a month there & I have MLB.tv's radio package when they're not broadcasting (or if it's the NESN feed).

wow.. at this point Swisher & Granderson are automatic outs

edit: and then Granderson finally decides to get a hit...

probability that Swisher is a Yankee next year = 0

Who's on the free agent outfield market though?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/co...s/?page_id=177

It is kinda thin next year but.. at this point, i'm done w/ Swisher.. if i have to look at his face and that smug grin after making an out one more time i'm gonna go bonkers

I think it all depends on how serious the Yankees FO is about getting the payroll under $189MM by 2014
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/02/sp...2014.html?_r=0
    Last edited by sheffield; 2012-10-12 at 11:04 PM.

I think my Twins would trade Denard Span if you have any pitching to give for him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...t-from-grandpa

great.. even more reason to hate Verlander

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 07:55 PM ----------

Girardi streching out CC in the 9th.. i can understand, save the pen for tomorrow

and that's a wrap.. sorry Yankee haters.. gonna have to deal with us just a little longer

i'm gonna say having to travel tonight sort of offsets the benefit the Tigers gained from the day off .. gonna be a tough series.. can't wait
    Last edited by sheffield; 2012-10-13 at 12:06 AM.

Couple of outfielders I'd take on the list, but like you said depends on how serious they are about getting under that cap - Swisher's good for the clubhouse, keeping it light, but watching him is pretty frustrating at times!

Nah can't hate on Verlander for shagging Kate Upton, that's one of those things where you tip your cap, pat him on the back and say "good work son!", him throwing 100mph in the 9th after 100 pitches on the other hand makes you wanna kick his ass!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Just wow.

The Cardiac Cards strike again
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.