Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Our guild run this with 3 healers (Holy paladin, Disc Priest & Resto Druid) andd 1 tank (Feral), we always arrange groups so that healers have assigned targets to heal during purple phases, circle cds on the tank (PS and Sacrifice), also haivng a holy paladin makes the purple oozes a joke. Word of Glory and Beacon doesnt stack the debuff, just have him heal a pet and the other 2 healers take care of the groups. Using 3 healers makes the *hard* ooze combos like yellow, red and black easily manageable. Set up cd rotations and then just heal like mad men.

About tanks I have heard that DKs make the fight alot easier however, we dont have much trouble using a Feral druid and he tanks all the single-tank fights.

Also, we leave the melee on the boss and have our arms warr charge the ooze IF the range would require help (We run between 2-3 melee but on the first kill we had 2).

I hope you kill him and have your healers look up which of their abilities that procc the purple debuff, as it would seem you explode more than needed.

TBH I think we just kill either green or yellow every time.

Also a healing tip with the purple debuff is to beacon the tank and heal the hunter pet thus not applying any stacks. (I think this is right im not a healer )

EDIT ; Damn beat me to it !

Deleted
    how we do it:
    - never keep yellow add alive.
    - whenever red is up (except rgb), stack strictly in the middle of the boss' hitbox
    - as feral tank, I use TB trinket and activate it just before the 5th bolt (it covers 5th and 6th). I may ask for other healer CD at about 3rd bolt, but since nerfs and some gear improvement it wasn't really needed.
    - for red-black-purple and red-green-black use tank set bonus CD

during red-green-black everything is about the positioning. We simply stay in square:
    OOO
    OXO
    OYO
    where 'O' is a single player, X is a healer who stands in the middle of the boss hitbox, Y is a tank+another player (usually 2nd healer but doesn't matter). Make the positioning before the pull, so when the time comes, everyone take their places quick enough. Check 4 yards radar in DBM. As the phase starts, use hero and burn. when adds are dead, make your spriest/boomkin use aoe healing. Since 1st kill we never ever had dead people in this phase, except when a new one forget where to stand.

Deleted
    Actually we are using a shaman and paladin healers and a DK tank with elixirs and TB trinket. I am the tank and TBH i get out of the purple phase with 0 stacks of heals. WoG doesn't stack so pallies are extremely usefull. Other than that, we always kill yellow, when we don't have yellow we kill green. We get a green-red-black phase -> everyone gets inside the hitbox of the boss and spread at 4 yards. The closer you are to the boss the less dmg u take from the red ooze. Pop hero, heal like hell and nuke the addds as hell. It is fairly easy with the proper cds -> Heroism / Rallying cry / Spirit link totem / DK 4x13 set bonus.

Once we found out that we can't deal with the yellow going in, we killed him and since then it is a 1-2 shot depending on the group - new ppl need atleast one wipe to get into the fight

So you should find out what is really wiping you - is it the oozes, the adds, the stacks, the bosses shadow dmg. My guess is the stacks and the yellow, since you are running with 1 tank and druid healer. Druids are more than useless in this fight, they are actually dangerous but if in the hands of a good player everything is ok

Good luck

You need to have your hunter SV not marks, and your mage fire not arc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Done the fight a few times now.

1 Tank
    3 heals

Kill Yellow everytime unless there is Green+ Red. In this situation kill green.

When you stack up, everyone has to be literalrly where his ballsack would be. Even the tank can scoot up really close.

ALWAYS kill yellow if you can, never leave it out.

You have to manage the heals on Purple really carefully. Make sure healers have assigned roles. For us its usually the pally healing me (Tank) and then each of the other two healers gets a group to heal.

The tank has to manage his CDs very well and save Shield wall for when the raid is taking HUGE amount of damage. This usually happens during Red, Green, Yellow, Black because you have to kill Green and you still have Red and Yellow and Black up meaning, Chain fire, Shadowbolts to whole raid and 2 sets of adds.

I think first thing to change is to make mage go fire. Hes not contributing anything to your setups as you have ret. Another thing is this fight is really not the best for arcane mage as he isnt doing his max damage most of the time due to how arcane works and mana. Plus hed get additional survival talents via cauterize and be able to aoe adds way better then arcane, not to mention he would have zero mana issues.
    It might be good for your hunter to go survival, for aoe purposes and posible mana regen if your pala deceided to heal.
    Another thing, go with two healers and two tanks. Taunt off at 2-3 stacks. Tanks should use mirror and posibly resist elixir. If those tanks would be warr and dru make sure they debuff adds with demo roar.
    Regarding buffs, if red is active stand between bosses legs. Its very important. If green is up spread around his hitbox. If your druid has 4set bonus the perfect time to use it is on blue purple red/green combination.
    Regarding healers, go with holy paly and resto sham. Coordinate your cds for german phase, but dont be afraid to use them for if necessary on blue purple red/green phases. Just make sure that other know what they are doing so you wouldnt use two cds at same time. Also make sure they split on whom they are healing and by all means, dont cross heal, unless its called for/informed/etc. Also look at what gives stacks and act accordingly.
    Regarding the order, we usually prioritise green, then yellow, then black. If you have good aoe, you might change black with something else , like purple (this is sometimes and depends on situation, so act accordingly).
    Also if black adds are killing people, stop the damn dps. When adds apear either use single target attacks, or dont dps them untill they fixate on people. Be sure to stand between boss legs if blacks are up and no green is present.
    Hero german (most likely when first blacks fixate or a little bit after first wave is killed).
    Also consider leaving one of your best dps (preferably mellee so i guess a rogue) on boss full time (he helps to kill black adds thou).
    Those were just my thoughts about what we do. Seems to work for us, may work for you too

Just some little things that might help as well. We do it using the Yor announce mod (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/yorsahj). It's a little tricky at first to get the flow of the LUA at first, but you can go into the .LUA file and change the Kill announcement to whatever you want for the combos. For the most part we stuck withthe yellow, then Green option.
    We been using the Icy-Viens exception rules

We believe that there should be two exceptions to it:
    •black — purple — red — yellow: kill purple instead of yellow, this will enable you to heal through the extreme damage — though, with a healing setup comprising several paladins (many of their spells do not trigger Deep Corruption), it might be better to kill yellow and deal with purple;
    •black — green — red — yellow; kill green instead of yellow, this will enable you to stack up on the boss and efficiently heal the extreme damage.

Because we're goobers, we kept calling out the wrong ones to kill and so this mod, once you get it the way you want frees up any brain cycles being wasted trying to remember the execption rules. Once we removed that layer, it cjust came down to executing the rest for us.

I could have it wrong, I thought there were something that said the warrior's 2 pc bonus, which Revenege grants a 20% shield absorbtion, also causes the Deep Corruption stacks. I could have that wrong. When we tried with our warrior tank he was exploding alot and we couldn't figure out where the stacks were coming from and I recall a healer saying later thatthey saw something about this.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-02-23 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    For the positioning we have a hunter or two sometimes and they cannot dps the boss in the hitbox, are they a bad choice for this reason?
    As a hunter there is absolutely no reason this boss should give them minimum range problems. Now we still have to deal with that on the adds but as another person posted just have them always target the boss with the MS. The best positioning I found for my self during stacking phases was out of the main group a bit standing in front of the boss between him and the tank. I'm close enough so red doesn't do much damage to me at all and far enough out so I can make sure my MS hits all the adds behind the boss.

Deleted
    black — blue — green — purple (Super easy to heal and makes enrage easier)
    black — blue — green — red
    black — blue — purple — yellow
    black — green — red — yellow
    black — purple — red — yellow (This is easier to heal than killing yellow)
    blue — green — purple — yellow

This how we did it Ooze wise.

1tank(Paladin) - 3healers(Holy Pala, Resto Shaman 2x) - 6dps (Surv Hunter, Fire Mage 2x, Sub Rogue, Ret Pala and Shadow Priest)
    We used to have trouble making the enrage before, but since we switched to killing black if possible it became easier.

Deleted
    Thanks for all your assistance we managed to down him last night!

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?n=Ar...&r=Hellfire-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Thanks for all your assistance we managed to down him last night!

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?n=Ar...&r=Hellfire-EU
    grats

10 char