Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why do you go to work?

Heya so i got this assignment where i shall ask people "what makes you wanna go to work everyday" is it the money, the people you work with or just that u have nothing else to do everyday? or whatever reason you might think off =)

so please do tell

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I now have a question for EVERYONE in this thread.

If you won the lottery, will you still go to work?
    Last edited by Draknalor186; 2012-02-23 at 01:08 PM.

Implying I have a job, HAH!

No seriously - but probably for the money if I did, to buy things I don't really need. Depends what hypothetical job I would have...

For Mass Effect 3 Collectors Edition.

Deleted
    I don't go to work because I want to. I go to work because I have to. I hate my job, but my love of food and other necessities forces me to keep heading back to it.
    That, plus a lack of better opportunities in my area.

The reason for working:
    Because money is needed.

The reason for working with what I do:
    Because it's the kind of work I find the most interesting.

If money wasn't an issue, I'd still work, but probably less and at times that pleased me better.

Deleted
    Well you stated the most obvious ones. Vast majority of people works to have money, only very few individuals can say that they'd get by if they didn't work. In addition to that I work because I actually enjoy doing what I am paid for.

Work can be fun but for me work is a job, that i NEED to do to survive and to be able to buy something i want.
    If i could pick if i get free money each month or go to work each day, i would take the first option.
    "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell!"

WoW leveling/heroic/LFR difficulty in one line of code:
    do {press (AnyKey)} until MobHealth=0;

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Heya so i got this assignment where i shall ask people "what makes you wanna go to work everyday" is it the money, the people you work with or just that u have nothing else to do everyday? or whatever reason you might think off =)

so please do tell
    The money

While I have great collegues and greatly enjoy my line of work (Software Programmer) at the end of the day, the reason I go to work is because of the paycheck. The money is so I can live my life At the end of the day I work to live, not live to work

Deleted
    I've moved this to off topic section.

On topic though, I'm very lucky to love my job and have a job doing something I'm very passionate about and would want to continue doing even if I didn't need a wage.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't work.

Also, is there another reason other than money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reason to work: Money
    Reason why THIS work: Interesting field, nice colleagues, and a nice, well-connected boss with an actual sense of humor!
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I work because I need the money. The money allows me to live. My job isn't really anything special, but I know I can do a hell of a lot worse. So I work, so I can get money, so I can spend my spare time writing books so I can hopefully, one day, be a professional writer.

Dreams are good to have.

As most others, for the money.
    If I didnt need the money would I still work? No.

However I have a decent enough time at work, it's kind of fun.
    It's not a bad job, it's mildly entertaining at times even but if I didn't have to..
    I also can't think of any job I -would- love that wouldn't require me to do a study too difficult for me (Studying has always been my weakness)

10+ Year Old Account
    While the most basic idea is money.

That however is not always true, if I suddenly won the lottery, I would still go to work. I like having a daily routine, if I don't go to work, I would either sleep til 2pm, and doesn't really have much to do. Traveling or going to gym and those are OK, but they don't make you feel "alive".

I am also studying towards my ACCA, so working helps me on that (you need practical work experience as well as passing the 14 exams), so part of it is for my own satisfaction as well, as I actually enjoy my job, and want to do well on it.

Deleted
    Basicly because it makes me appriciated the times that I don't work so much more and because it give me the money to do what I want to do when I get that free time.

During school I thougt the best thing ever was to just slack and play wow all days and well was fun for a while but after a while it just breaking you down and the spare time is the worst thing you know. So even if my job isn't the most fun I just keep thinking back of those times when I lack motivation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I don't work.

Also, is there another reason other than money?
    I would still go to work even if I won the lottery

10+ Year Old Account
    Money

I get along well with the people I work with, but my preference is to be alone. I only work part time (24 to 40 hours per week, depends (24 minimum, 40 hours if covering holidays)), which gives me enough money to buy anything I want, pay my bills, "fund" my lifestyle basically.

Life will likely required expansion and more money eventually, but for now I'm content.

(25, live alone in a flat, has a bitchin computer, fast internet connection and am unsociable except online mostly) (for reference :P )

To get the the second most important thing in the universe - MONEY.

So that I can give the MONEY to everyone who demands it of me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aargh screw you, I've been anxious all day because I'm waiting for a phonecall from the radiostation I applied to. I had just calmed down and now you made me all twitchy and shit again, fffuu!

OT; A combination tbh, gotta work to get money. If I didn't work I'd have nothing to do. If I like the people I work with it's even better. But I guess the main reason behind working is the money, because without you can't support either yourself or anyone else. So in conclusion, money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    To get the the second most important thing in the universe - MONEY.
    What is the first?