Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Original Guild Wars is a really good game, in my opinion, but it's really, really different compared to other MMO;s out there. If you got the nerves of taking your time, and learning things, Guild Wars 1 becomes a really fun game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    You haven't played it yourself have you?

Guild Wars 1 is nothing like other RPG's, if you like the story of GW2 and you'd like to get to know it better. Go get it, it's worth the money. You've got atleast 1000+ hours of game filling doing everything you can do, and you'll get some bonusses.

Coming from someone who played the game over 5000 hours in 6 years .
    I have played it and thought it was pretty horrible. Then 2 years later thought I would give it another look after I had played more MMO and it was still a lack luster game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Your opinion

I don't understand, there isn't a hype from guild wars 1 because they are completely different games.
    Fyi imo mean in my oppion, also if you dont know what fyi means its for your information. Thanks for restating what I said though. Clearly GW2 isn't the same game as GW or there would be no reason to put the work into it that they did when they would just be repackaging an old game. GW was a limited success of a game that didn't last very long, thats more or less why I dont get the hype. The sequel to a so so game just doesn't scream must play to me.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If you did, you probably wouldn't want GW2. GW is awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    If you did, you probably wouldn't want GW2. GW is awful.
    Still he have to know that these two games are completely different, they are nothing alike except the lore and the place they are at.

GW was a limited success of a game that didn't last very long
    Your opinion

thats more or less why I dont get the hype.
    You don't get the hype because its different games, yea its the sequel lore wise, but almost everything is different. GW2 got some advertisement via GW1 but it developed its hype on its own, not carried by a different game.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Curious how no one mentioned it here, you can't jump in GW1.
    For me, that was such an annoying thing to cope with, every single time you hit that space bar and disappointment strikes, ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    You haven't played it yourself have you?

Guild Wars 1 is nothing like other RPG's, if you like the story of GW2 and you'd like to get to know it better. Go get it, it's worth the money. You've got atleast 1000+ hours of game filling doing everything you can do, and you'll get some bonusses.

Coming from someone who played the game over 5000 hours in 6 years .
    Just out of curiosity, since I knew a lot of dutch players in GW1, what guild were you in?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Yeah, to be honest, Guild Wars 1 is VASTLY different from how Guild Wars 2 will be. Quite frankly, the gameplay in GW1 is pretty unique, and not for everyone (that's my opinion, anyway).

If you're going to pick them up for the Hall of Monument rewards only, just know that it'll take some time to get stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like other have said, you don’t have to.

Playing Guild Wars is an option, if you want to explore the lore beforehand

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leetsushi View Post
    For me, that was such an annoying thing to cope with, every single time you hit that space bar and disappointment strikes, ugh.
    Well, there wasn't really anything to jump for, since there was no places you couldn't go to without jumping. Then I don't care if you wanted to save 0,44 seconds by jumping over a fence instead of go around it.

If you played Guild Wars for some days you would get used to not being able to jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Fyi imo mean in my oppion, also if you dont know what fyi means its for your information. Thanks for restating what I said though. Clearly GW2 isn't the same game as GW or there would be no reason to put the work into it that they did when they would just be repackaging an old game. GW was a limited success of a game that didn't last very long, thats more or less why I dont get the hype. The sequel to a so so game just doesn't scream must play to me.
    I don't call a game which 3 years ago had sold 6 million boxes, B2P and still delivers a great quality game a limited success. Sure it doesn't appeal to everyone, but that doesn't make a game bad.

I'm not fond of Skyrim either (yes hate me) but that doesn't mean it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Well, there wasn't really anything to jump for, since there was no places you couldn't go to without jumping. Then I don't care if you wanted to save 0,44 seconds by jumping over a fence instead of go around it.

If you played Guild Wars for some days you would get used to not being able to jump.
    the game makes up for the lazy people by allowing you to click the ground even far away and it will find a path there. Sometimes it doesn't work if the distance is really far but for me it goes a little like this. *click* /runs to bathroom /runs back /sit ....still running..... allllllright

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPepper View Post
    the game makes up for the lazy people by allowing you to click the ground even far away and it will find a path there. Sometimes it doesn't work if the distance is really far but for me it goes a little like this. *click* /runs to bathroom /runs back /sit ....still running..... allllllright
    There is a click to move option in WoW too, and you can turn off the click to move in Guild Wars as well.

Quote Originally Posted by leetsushi View Post
    This and hidden textures everywhere are very annoying.

On wave of GW2 hype I tried to play GW1 and it was total dissapointment for me. I sure can say I wouldn't spend even few hours in so closed world.

GW2 is looking very different tho, thats why I'm pretty much looking to play in it.