Deleted

GW2 Cash Shop info changes.

The idea of this thread is not my creation. But I wrote some things myself.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...es-t27513.html

The info about the cash shop got updated for some time ago-
    Will there be micro-transactions or things to buy which don't come with the box, like character slots?

Yes, micro-transactions will exist. Be assured goods and items bought for cash in GW2 do not offer any advantage over those available in the game through the investment of time.

Before it was-
    Will there be micro-transactions or things to buy which don't come with the box, like character slots?

Yes, micro-transactions will exist. These will be cosmetic additions which will not affect balance or gameplay, similar to the transactions offered by Guild Wars.

I don't really think it's something to really worry about, but the new updated info ''Be assured goods and items bought for cash in GW2 do not offer any advantage over those available in the game through the investment of time'' seems a little bit, weird to me..

Martin Kerstein (ArenaNet guy) then said-
    As usual, everybody just needs to calm down a bit. This change was done to actually make the wording easier to understand – seems like that was not the case.

But the statement in it is still the same: Nothing you will be able to buy in the in-game store will give you an advantage over people who are not buying anything. That is the baseline.

I trust his words, but for I hope the cash shop does not sell XP boosters, or Karma boosters. The new updated info tells me that you can buy for example, Karma and XP boosters ingame, for gold, but you can also pick up your wallet and pay with real money to get Karma and XP boost. That's something i'm a little bit afraid of. Could it go to that you can get a sword ingame through investment of time, or just buy it right of their cash shop?

They have said that they won't sell anything in their cash shop that will make you overpowered over other players, but even if you can buy a sword in the game, and in their cash shop, it feels a little bit weird..

I would like if people could discuss this a little bit. Everything Guild Wars 2 makes isn't perfect, some things might worry people, like this worries me. I hope you understand what I mean, I really want to know what ''Be assured goods and items bought for cash in GW2 do not offer any advantage over those available in the game through the investment of time'' means. Since my english has it limits I got it pretty hard to understand what the info means.

so basically we should expect popular skins to be thrown in cash shop, so any kid could buy them without investing time? this wont give in any imbalance, but errr...

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is very unsettling.

Not this again...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Does not matter if u can buy cool looking armor because we already knew you could buy cool looking armor in the CS.

Also Xp boosts are nothing in this game as their is a small level cap that wont take long to reach, As for karma boosts, So what im sure you'll have Karma floating out your ass by the time you reach level 80 and karma isnt that hard to farm with the multitude of events available. And the best looking armors are in explorable mode and dont require Karma but tokens you receive for completing the dungeon.

As for getting weapons in cash shot, again doesnt matter because weapons dont give a competitive advantage in this game like they do in others, and your switching weapons alot so sometimes you wont even be using that cool looking weapon.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2012-02-23 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah, the wording of the new statement more or less covers their backs when it comes to non-cosmetic microtransactions.

I don't know how I feel about it - On one hand, a steady revenue is supposed to flow into their coffers, so perhaps making the game shop more attractive to people with fewer principles will help their economy...
    On the other hand it could cause a boycott from people who consider it an affront to their game experience.

Though as long as you can't become the best of the best through the store - Nothing truly major will be harmed.

- Also remember that the progression of end game items stops fairly quickly - Top-level dungeons only give sidegrades with nice looks, they don't really make you better. So the shop could never give gear that you should've worked hard to get in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've already discussed this last week.

People read way too much to it and run around thinking they're going to get screwed. In actual fact, what they are talking about is transmutation stones. Originally they were going to be cash shop only, but instead they made them available in-game for karma as well as in the cash shop. So the wording change has nothing to do with taking things away from you and wanting money for it, it's because they want to give you cash shop items for free.

We've discussed this lately and the only reason that they changed the text is to let people understand the context better, they said; "Guess that was not the case".

It's still the same.