Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I love soloing old content, still struggling with a few places though like TK. Is the legendary shield buff absolutely necessary to survive the pyroblasts?

I've been having a bit of trouble solo'ing some of the encounters in SSC as prot, was wondering the spec y'all use for ret solo'ing and give it a go.

Solo ret spec for me to copy pasta?

Diagnosis - BE - Mage - Shattered Hand - US <--Main
    Absolutia - BE - Mage - Shattered Hand - US
    Sanctius - BE - Paladin - Shattered Hand - US

any ret spec would work just fine

Deleted
    Im doeing a daily stone core and vortex pinnacle to farm the bosses that drop the mounts Then each week onyxia (for the mount of course ) and voa (stone watcher) for the mammoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythius View Post
    I love soloing old content, still struggling with a few places though like TK. Is the legendary shield buff absolutely necessary to survive the pyroblasts?
    I usually pop wings and use Shield of Righteousness and you get maybe one pyroblast, or you can use glyphed divine protection and easily tank one, 2 gets hairy, 3 you better use a lot of CDs. The debuff absorbs like 80k damage, pop it and you can interrupt.

Deleted
    soloing 25m os3d atm last pack of adds is incoming then see for the boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormyr View Post
    i
    Other stuff I 2man: Rest of BT, BWL etc.
    Shame you need a second for BWL first boss, cause the rest is really easy to solo.

Deleted
    conclusion: not soloble boss does way to much dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Raecius View Post
    conclusion: not soloble boss does way to much dmg
    What sucks is the mini-bosses solo. Sarth himself is pretty easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    What sucks is the mini-bosses solo. Sarth himself is pretty easy.
    He was trying 3d though

Wouldn't Naj'entus in BT be possible without gimmicks if you just partly-reset the boss with bubble or something?

I've seen rogues and nightelfs solo him with vanish or shadowmeld.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

No idea but i'll give it a try tonight after raid

Doing Naxx 10 currently and instructor razuvious is easily soloable as a prot pally.

Solo'd Maly 10 every week for the mounts as ret. I got it a few weeks ago.Here is a vid of the first time, slapped spec together and had all binds really messed up so it was quite awkward and I let stacks drop in phase 3 like a fail but w/e.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XzTV...ure=plpp_video

Do explain how! @ Solo razuvious

Thought about max heals + mitigation so I went all tank gear (ilvl 389) -- be CTC capped. I also glyphed specifically.

Seal of insight
    WoG
    Judgement (this was for max judgement dmg w/ the 2pc tank T13 bonus)

the above isnt necessary at all you can use a normal tanking spec. I just played it safe.
    Took 2 pts out of pursuit of justice and put them into GBTL. Use WoG on CD, even if it overheals it creates an absorb shield.

Use holy shield + unglyphed DP on CD. Rotate major CDs when you dip below 30-50% (Ardent defender, GoAK, Divine shield, LOH etc. Even BoP can work)

Im gonna try it next week in pure DPS gear just to burn him down.

Usually prot soloing DPS isn't an issue. Most enrage timers are met easily and if there's a window where you need burst DPS (Yogg-Saron for example) then you mix stuff up a bit more. Personally I would go with 2pc T13 Ret (HP on judgement bonus) and 2pc 391's T12 prot.

I notice you're doing Naxx 10 all prot. It's really a pushover isn't it? lol. I'd say if you have a Retribution spec try Ret it totally speeds things up. Prot only really needed for Razuvious and patchwerk. You can do Maexxna as ret but have to time things correctly in sub 30%. Safer to do as prot.

I've done Ulduar 10m full clear except HM Thorim (only way to engage him) and obv. Algalon. I'd say definitely try Yogg-Saron as a Prot pally. 4 keepers is easily doable.
    I'm sure Yogg+3 is doable as well, you just have to get lucky on the Lich King room so you get more time to dps the brain.