Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    High Overlord Neponc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada, I think
    Posts
    117
    I've narrowed my choice down to thief or ranger ><
    Research does not consist of eating some lead based paint, checking what people are saying on the forums and then pretending like you know what you are talking about.

  2. #22
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The class / race selection threads are really getting tiresome.
    Stop clicking on them and create your own original thread then.


    Okay so that video is kinda making me want to level a warrior. :P

  3. #23
    Holy crap, the op's video has someone dodging the enemy's attacks!

    Run for your lives! It's the foretold apocalypse!!!!

    Also, seeing this kind of play makes me so excited to play an engineer. I just hope the wow fanboys don't stink up the game with QQ forcing unneeded changes because they can't figure out how to play this game. Don't mean to sound like a douche but really some of the things I see posted by them are just lacking thought all together.
    Yes that is Spider-Man crying over a box of Uncle Ben's rice.

  4. #24
    Immortal Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    7,983
    Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    After watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNXKR...feature=colike I have made my final decision on picking the warrior for my first class. I'v seen so many bad's play the warrior class and it had me thinking *This looks awful*, but after watching that video I could not even begin to hold my breath at the amount of detail and work that went into that class or in the combat in general.

    The way that she dodged just about every attack that the mob's through at her was astounding, not to mention the little kick attack. I cannot wait for this damn game to come out.
    Definetly leaning on warrior for me as well. I feel the warrior class is easy to understand but has great versatility and potential.

  5. #25
    Bloodsail Admiral Cuchulainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On the Exodar, lecturing Neophytes.
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    Just fix the link if you don't mind so that the right source gets crdit.
    The original video creator is credited in the description tab below the reposted one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The class / race selection threads are really getting tiresome.
    You don't have to post in these threads if you don't want to, you know? At least on the plus side, this thread might evolve into a Warrior discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    GOOD GRIEF she needs to stop making those annoying "Whuaaa, wheeeee, Whoooooo" sounds when swinging that weapon. Geez.
    Have you ever played any other MMORPG? This has been around since EverQuest. At least she doesn't make annoying sounds like the Draenei females or Blood Elves. Now THAT was annoying.

    OT: I'm all Charr. All Warrior. All the time.
    I'll have my Guardian PvP alt though.

  6. #26
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodygrinder View Post
    Holy crap, the op's video has someone dodging the enemy's attacks!

    Run for your lives! It's the foretold apocalypse!!!!

    Also, seeing this kind of play makes me so excited to play an engineer. I just hope the wow fanboys don't stink up the game with QQ forcing unneeded changes because they can't figure out how to play this game. Don't mean to sound like a douche but really some of the things I see posted by them are just lacking thought all together.
    I'm glad someone else said it and not me. But yes, I'm really worried that terrible players will cry for unnecessary changes to the game.

  7. #27
    Immortal Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    7,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodygrinder View Post
    Holy crap, the op's video has someone dodging the enemy's attacks!

    Run for your lives! It's the foretold apocalypse!!!!

    Also, seeing this kind of play makes me so excited to play an engineer. I just hope the wow fanboys don't stink up the game with QQ forcing unneeded changes because they can't figure out how to play this game. Don't mean to sound like a douche but really some of the things I see posted by them are just lacking thought all together.
    This game is definetly going to very early on separate out the bad players from the good ones.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The class / race selection threads are really getting tiresome.
    If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread other than crap, then just don't contribute at all.

    I made this thread to show off the video of that warrior since so many people have yet to see a skilled warrior in gameplay as of yet. Most of the warriors we have seen have been clicking,keyboard turning newbies so to see a skilled player I thought would change alot of peoples minds of what class they wanted to play as it did mind.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

  9. #29
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    I need to stop watching videos because every new video I watch means I have a new "Main character". I forsee buying several extra character slots right on day 1.

  10. #30
    I had planned on being a Necromancer (Being a warlock in WoW and all) , then I watched Yogscast preview of Necromancer . There's no way in hell I WON'T be playing Necromancer <33

  11. #31
    Bloodsail Admiral Cuchulainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On the Exodar, lecturing Neophytes.
    Posts
    1,058
    This is now a Warrior discussion thread, because the Michael Altman bids it to be. ALL PRAISE BE TO ALTMAN.

    Things I like about the Warrior in GW2 that aren't very prevalent in other MMORPGs melee classes:
    • They actually hold their shields up, rather than them being off to the side.
    • Active blocking...PRAISE ALTMAN!
    • The sound effects for their abilities match well. You can actually hear the clink of metal rather than some goofy spell noise.
    • They're truly versatile; If it's a weapon you can use, then you can use it at any given point in combat.
    • A fine mix of everything that a Warrior should be. No set roles. No set rules. As a matter of fact, there are no rules, just greatswords and combustible lemons.

    I'm going to burn your house down with lemons! BECAUSE I'M A WARRIOR! YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT!

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    No set rules. As a matter of fact, there are no rules, just greatswords and combustible lemons.[/LIST]

    I'm going to burn your house down with lemons! BECAUSE I'M A WARRIOR! YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT!
    Make life rue the day it gave cuchulainn lemons.

  13. #33
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    This is now a Warrior discussion thread, because the Michael Altman bids it to be. ALL PRAISE BE TO ALTMAN.

    Things I like about the Warrior in GW2 that aren't very prevalent in other MMORPGs melee classes:
    • They actually hold their shields up, rather than them being off to the side.
    • Active blocking...PRAISE ALTMAN!
    • The sound effects for their abilities match well. You can actually hear the clink of metal rather than some goofy spell noise.
    • They're truly versatile; If it's a weapon you can use, then you can use it at any given point in combat.
    • A fine mix of everything that a Warrior should be. No set roles. No set rules. As a matter of fact, there are no rules, just greatswords and combustible lemons.

    I'm going to burn your house down with lemons! BECAUSE I'M A WARRIOR! YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT!
    Ok I lied I'm going with my original decision. Warrior. XD

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post


    Have you ever played any other MMORPG? This has been around since EverQuest. At least she doesn't make annoying sounds like the Draenei females or Blood Elves. Now THAT was annoying.
    .
    I don't know about that. I've pretty much every race +60 in WoW. Some of them annoy me more than others, it's true. But nothing tops this high-pitched chiwawa yip. I play an Orc as a main though. Sounds billion times better.

  15. #35
    Mechagnome alteam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In your mom's bed
    Posts
    711
    Warriors looks cool but i can't decide. All the classes in GW2 looks amazing

  16. #36
    I made my final decision about 4 times now on what class to play to play, I keep changing my mind :<

    All the classes look decent, I had no plans to play Necro (never been a fan of the lock type classes) but then I see the yogscast preview and it looks brilliant, the fact you can control 5 pets at once is insane :P

  17. #37
    I go full Female human Thief and then i go world pvp so badly.

    Cya when i'm behind you.

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    I go full Female human Thief and then i go world pvp so badly.

    Cya when i'm behind you.
    Whachya doin' back th- OUCH.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread other than crap, then just don't contribute at all.

    I made this thread to show off the video of that warrior since so many people have yet to see a skilled warrior in gameplay as of yet. Most of the warriors we have seen have been clicking,keyboard turning newbies so to see a skilled player I thought would change alot of peoples minds of what class they wanted to play as it did mind.
    Contribution isn't limited to virtual hi5ing. Other threads have been locked for tedium before. Inconsistent moderation is worth pointing out.

    Also warrior video is mega posted at this point. >.>

  20. #40
    Bloodsail Admiral Cuchulainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On the Exodar, lecturing Neophytes.
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Make life rue the day it gave cuchulainn lemons.
    Rue the day, I say! RUE IT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Ok I lied I'm going with my original decision. Warrior. XD
    The Church of Unitology smiles upon your decision. Now go touch that Marker. Don't sniff it though, it's not that kind of marker.
    Then you'll turn into a badass Charr Warrior Necromorph! Commence the cow launching, house burning, and don't forget the army of mantis-men!

    @Fencers: You seem to be having a bad case of the "frunz" today. And for a definition to that, please refer to this link.
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 2012-02-23 at 09:24 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •