Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Just wait for next week and /win

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkomakko View Post
    Just wait for next week and /win
    It will help, yes. Their best attempt would have been a kill with the upcoming 10% nerf. None of the attempts would have been even close unnerfed. So if you're struggling that much with meeting the DPS requirements, just take the week off.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    Please read the full post. Taking shit out of context is entirely worthless.

Had you actually read my complete post, you would see the part where I said "All of the dps loss is due to failing at Twilight Instability and people not being alive to deal damage." Cross reference it with other logs to see that the DK does actually pull decent numbers when he's allowed to live.
    Try 4 - DK = 29k
    Try 7 - DK = 26k
    Try 8 - DK = 28k
    Try 11 - DK = 28k

He was above the mage on only 1 of those fights. He is not pulling decent numbers. Those are very poor for a 393 geared player. You need your DPS to be at least 32k or so on Ultraxion HC. His gear sims out at 38k on an Ultraxion fight. I wouldn't expect him to do that but he should definitely be somewhere above 32k at the worst.

Yes, he died when he did 22k but he was ressed shortly afterwards and he should be able to do a bit more DPS even without buffs. That 22k is not taking his down time into account. If you want to look at that he was on 18k.

So to answer your point, all of the DPS loss is not because of failing at Twilight Instability. They are actually not pulling the numbers they should be either.

My guild just killed Ultraxion last night. I am a resto shaman and heal with resto druid as well. We had very similar problems like you where we would get to the last 1-2% and wipe around the 5:53 mark. The thing that put us over the top was simply pre-potting before engaging the boss. This was mainly for the DPS with the DPS heroism. After I phased back in from using heroic will I used my Fire ele (decided to use the fire elemental prime glyph for this fight) and used SWG to spam lightning bolt with the haste buff from the resto four set bonus. I also tried to keep flame shock up at all times (though I did not lava burst at all). The pre-pot helped every persons dps increase by about 2-3k.

I also do something similar to you regarding the green and blue buff. Maybe 10 seconds after the time time loop comes out, I use my healer heroism. I grab blue and just start spamming GHW on people. Since I am barely above the 916 haste rating (reforged all mastery), this allows my GHW to be a one second cast. After the 40 seconds of heroism end, I pop SWG for that haste buff to continue to spam GHW. I SLT right after the druids tranquility ran out and we got our successful kill. Without pots we were getting a 7th hour of twilight and started to lose the people who were soaking it. With the pot use I think we only had 5 (maybe 6) hour of twilights to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tepetricy View Post
    The thing that put us over the top was simply pre-potting before engaging the boss.
    It's worth doing as a resto shaman too. Prepot a volcanic potion, pop SW:G, put a Flame Shock up and spam LB/LaB until PT procs, then put down both elementals. Since the elementals use your spell power at the time of casting, using them with both PT and a volcanic potion is going to very significantly increase their damage done. The fire elemental alone is going to chew up more than 1% of the boss' health. Not bad for one GCD.

We would've had it on thursday, except our DK kept failing over and over again at hitting his button, so we kept running short. :/ I assume we'll get it tonight.

Also, I've been using FE/searing totems, but I dont have FE glyphed so it's once every 2 attempts ( I guess I should glyph it tonight). Searing's always down, but it doesn't always want to attack. And yeah, some of our DPS is terribly low. :/ It makes me sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justicewoot View Post
    We would've had it on thursday, except our DK kept failing over and over again at hitting his button, so we kept running short. :/ I assume we'll get it tonight.

Also, I've been using FE/searing totems, but I dont have FE glyphed so it's once every 2 attempts ( I guess I should glyph it tonight). Searing's always down, but it doesn't always want to attack. And yeah, some of our DPS is terribly low. :/ It makes me sad.
    *comforts*

Make sure you have a Flame Shock on Ultraxion before you place down Searing Totem. It's an incredibly dumb totem otherwise. I swear it would produce friendly fire if that was possible.

Searing Totem will attack if there's an attackable target when you place it. If you place it before Ultraxion becomes attackable, it'll just sit there for the entire duration. Putting down a new one will fix it.

Regarding the elemental, I wouldn't bother glyphing it. When progressing, once we were at the point where we were hitting the enrage timer, we simply took a short break after each attempt to get all cooldowns back up. Helps with focus, and it beats wiping at 2% because people didn't have everything up. Or I suppose you can swap out your Earth Shield glyph - it doesn't really do much on that fight anyway, and if you hit the soft enrage you can use it again at 5:00 if the attempt is looking good.

Does ES-Glyph anything at all? You could even question if ES does anything - most of the time its healing done roams in the range of ~1% for me. I honestly use the global only for the boost to single target healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TenDance View Post
    Does ES-Glyph anything at all? You could even question if ES does anything - most of the time its healing done roams in the range of ~1% for me. I honestly use the global only for the boost to single target healing.
    Well, your other glyph options consist of...

?????????????????

That said, 1% isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Earthliving Weapon itself is only about 2% in most cases. Also, 70-100k at 2/3 the cost of a Greater Healing Wave off one GCD isn't bad at all. Not to mention the buff to direct healing.
    Last edited by Paf; 2012-02-28 at 06:28 AM.
    mhm? mhm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeren View Post
    Also using the double heroism strat on this fight is a big step forward.

Pop heroism right at the start of the fight, healers press the buttong and phase out before hand, then at the 5 min mark press heroism again for the healers to use this should also help with DPS a little,

Guilds struggling with dps are better off using it when dps enters the execute phase, right after an hour of twilight.

remember that you can output a lot of dps as a resto shaman in the first 4 minutes. Not only with lightning bolt, but fire elemental. Keeping fire ele down for its duration is quite big, and since yuo have a mage does not hurt you at all. On my main(25 man, shaman) I get green and stay there. I like it a lot better than blue as long as I have enough mana going into the last minute to not oom. On my alt(10 man, druid) that I heal with a shaman, we have him get green+blue, but I honestly think it might be better for him to stay at green. If your dps doing more than they are now is not going to happen, then try to do as much damage before the 4 minute mark as you can. On my druid, I have the shaman keep down healing rain and just pure dps until green comes out, then I drink a conc pot while he heals. If that doesn't work for you, remember both you and the druid (assuming he doesn't need the mana) can pop a volcanic pot during the last minute.

This is very true. I did 8k dps the first time we killed it. Now a lot of that is actually the different totems, but still 8k is nothing to scoff at.
    Last edited by CricketEmerissEU; 2012-02-28 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry to say but your guys just aren't doing enough damage. Simple as that.
    if everyone is on 34k its a easy clean kill, you have guys doing less than 34k (quite a few as well). Emphasize maximizing damage, DPS have very little to worry about on that fight - get an easy HOT combination and push out the damage.

Not gonna mention names but there are at least 3 people in that raid that could be pushing more than 36k every try. Push Push Push, click late, spam your next ability while phased, get out quick and back into the damage.

You can do it!

Every little helps a lot on fights like this. 1k DPS is 360k damage over the entire fight. If all of your 6 DPS improve by 1k DPS that's 2,160,000 total over 6 minutes. That's roughly 3% of the bosses HP.

EDIT: Get your tanks to get some extra Exp/Hit as well if damage is a problem. They will be vengeance capped throughout and will do quite a lot of damage if they try to.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2012-02-28 at 01:20 PM.

Finally got it down yesterday. Our DPS stepped it up a notch and we killed it around 5:40 (sadly, I didn't have my logs running).

wow, gratz!

Killed on farm yesterday our warior died on first HOUR , we ressed him and he die again, we done with 1 less dps, and it was smooth all fight long ( exept last 5 seconds lol)
    I gess our messed kill was like 4.36 or 5.36 somethin like that. I cant imagine getin to that point with all dps alive.

You should improve. Start teaching your dps.

CHeck logs vendetta @ azralon US