Page 13 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That's the ability your 1 key changes to when you're stealthed.
    Thank you so much. Is that the only ability that changes when you are stealthed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every weapon has the 1 key change when you stealth.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drakewurrum View Post
    click on the little thingy that says bbcode.
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

why you no work
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

why you no work
    Click on the little thingy that says BBCode, and then ctrl-v somewhere. You'll see.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

So I was glancing at this... http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon

And compared "total weapons" and "weapon combinations" across the various classes...
    I think their definition of total combinations is a little skewed. What they mean is total weapon combinations for a single weapon set where a combination could simply be a single 2h weapon. They also aren't taking into account weapon swapping when mentioning total combinations. If you include weapon swapping you're looking at 22 unique combinations (7 choose 2 plus 1 for water set) instead of just 9. But then warrior has WAY more unique combinations if you include weapon swapping as part of that total (172 = 19 choose 2 plus 1 for water set).

I feel like Thief could definitely use at least one additional weapon. Perhaps a torch off hand or an axe main hand...or even a rifle as you suggested. Perhaps the number of weapons is lower because of the Steal ability?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post
    I think their definition of total combinations is a little skewed. What they mean is total weapon combinations for a single weapon set where a combination could simply be a single 2h weapon. They also aren't taking into account weapon swapping when mentioning total combinations. If you include weapon swapping you're looking at 22 unique combinations (7 choose 2 plus 1 for water set) instead of just 9. But then warrior has WAY more unique combinations if you include weapon swapping as part of that total (172 = 19 choose 2 plus 1 for water set).

I feel like Thief could definitely use at least one additional weapon. Perhaps a torch off hand or an axe main hand...or even a rifle as you suggested. Perhaps the number of weapons is lower because of the Steal ability?
    It could be lower because of that, I suppose, but stealing only changes your #1 skill temporarily. I don't really see it as a weapon.

I just want to see an off-hand Sword, I'd be happy.

I don't think their definition of different weapon combinations is all that wonky, tbh. Even by the one you gave, less weapons you can equip means less weapon combinations. Regardless of 1H vs 2H.

I just want to see an off-hand Sword, I'd be happy.

I don't think their definition of different weapon combinations is all that wonky, tbh. Even by the one you gave, less weapons you can equip means less weapon combinations. Regardless of 1H vs 2H.
    It does feel a little awkward that a robe wearing Mesmer can dual-wield swords and a Thief cannot.

I feel like total weapon combinations should be every combination of weapons that profession can use, which would include weapon swapping. But that just exaggerates the fact that a warrior has 171 different "play styles" he can choose by how he uses his weapon sets while a thief has only 21 (not including water sets here as there is no choice in which weapons you use underwater).

10+ Year Old Account
    Click on the little thingy that says BBCode, and then ctrl-v somewhere. You'll see.
    didnt work, just gave me generic link

i had to go manipulate all the links by hand after copying the format from someone else

there needs to be an easier way

BUT ITS FIXED

┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    didnt work, just gave me generic link
    Well that's just weird. It's been working for me. O_o

15+ Year Old Account
    Since the other thread got closed because this one existed I might aswell ask here also. What do you guys think about my build?

High damage burst out of stealth.
    Frequent Crits.
    High damage crits.
    Crits restore initiative.
    Dodging drops caltrops, easy to kite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, is it too much to ask for ONE beta tester who knew how to play thief? It's literally the only thing keeping me from deciding my profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Ugh, is it too much to ask for ONE beta tester who knew how to play thief? It's literally the only thing keeping me from deciding my profession.
    I've only seen like 1 or 2 Thief beta videos.

I'm waiting for TB to post something.

Should I be a Human or Sylvari Thief? I'm leaning towards human but Sylvari intrigues me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valek View Post
    Should I be a Human or Sylvari Thief? I'm leaning towards human but Sylvari intrigues me.
    Race choice has everything to do with personal preference.

Deleted
    I can't decide either Except I'm just not sure whether I like the idea of a nature-ish type race like the Sylvari being a thief

Deleted
    Definitely Asura

10+ Year Old Account
    sylvari when they stealth the camouflage into a tree!
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    I would choose Asura, but playing a gnome and having smaller, harder to see, armor graphics in WoW. While liking armor on taller races makes me want to play a Sylvari, just so the armor looks better. But then I wouldn't be playing an Asura.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Ya its tough. Sylvari seem like the more Stealthy Race, but Human has more of a Slick Badass feel to it. Bah!!! I guess Ill have to wait till Beta.