Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
42
43
51
91
... LastLast
  1. #801
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Now you're just being persnickety and stubborn. Stop it. You know exactly what I meant. It's not cute, it doesn't get people to your point of view, and it's frankly rude.
    you didnt answer my question
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  2. #802
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    you didnt answer my question
    I shouldn't have to answer the question you already know the answer to.

    I have no reason to pander to you here. Unless you actually are an idiot, you know perfectly well what people are talking about by context, otherwise you NEVER would have inferred that he meant condition damage when he said "dots"
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  3. #803
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    if you ask me if malice effects a dot i will always say "no" because the way the game engine works, they are diferent
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  4. #804
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    if you ask me if malice effects a dot i will always say "no" because the way the game engine works, they are diferent
    Doing so won't change the fact that you're being rude. You know damn well what he's referring to.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  5. #805
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I shouldn't have to answer the question you already know the answer to.

    I have no reason to pander to you here. Unless you actually are an idiot, you know perfectly well what people are talking about by context, otherwise you NEVER would have inferred that he meant condition damage when he said "dots"
    i assumed he meant conditions but i chose to make a clear statement, sorry for being helpful? is that what you wanted to hear? should i be sorry that he got butthurt for me clarifying for him? thats not happening
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  6. #806
    You have yet to show another ability that does damage over time and is stated in the tooltip for that ability.
    DO THE HUSTLE!

  7. #807
    Just calm down folks. You all got your points across so chillax
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

  8. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Just calm down folks. You all got your points across so chillax
    Not till i see people HUSTLING!

  9. #809
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i assumed he meant conditions but i chose to make a clear statement, sorry for being helpful? is that what you wanted to hear? should i be sorry that he got butthurt for me clarifying for him? thats not happening
    Pretty sure you were the one who got butthurt. =\

    He was complaining about people being "pissy" about terminology on these forums (and that's an accurate observation), and then you called him a jerk.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  10. #810
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Pretty sure you were the one who got butthurt. =\
    I like to point out something really scary.This is the first time me and you have been on the same side of a argument on this forum.

  11. #811
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,031
    I just hate it when people latch onto something stupid, get angry about it, and refuse to let go, as hypocritical as that sounds. He was plenty capable of inferring what specifically was being asked, so why bother getting persnickety about terminology? It's a wasted effort, as the intended message was communicated. If he was genuinely confused about it and needed to ask what he meant because he couldn't infer the specifics of the question, I could understand trying to "educate" somebody on the terminology being used, but that didn't happen.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  12. #812
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    You have yet to show another ability that does damage over time and is stated in the tooltip for that ability.
    DO THE HUSTLE!
    i gave you 4, none of them did damage via conditions except deathly swarm but that's only if you had them on you at the start, by default it does not
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunter%27s_Call
    Call hawks to swarm your foe. More attacks when traited
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Locust_Swarm
    Gain swiftness and summon a swarm of locusts that can siphon health from nearby foes.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Life_Siphon
    Siphon health from your foe.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Swarm
    Unleash an insect swarm on multiple foes. Transfer three conditions to your target on a successful attack.
    ^^the only plausible argument for "it applies a damage condition"

    here's more
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Suffering
    Damage foes and inflict weakness every two seconds.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Axe
    Spin and attack nearby foes. You can move while spinning.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Binding_Blade
    Throw blades at your foes, causing damage over time. Bound foes can be pulled to you. The effect ends when a foe moves out of range.

    all of these deal damage over time without using a condition



    therefore i stand by my original stance
    malice will affect conditions

    power might affect conditions, but it WILL affect any DoT that does not deal its damage through them

    if you thought my first attempt at clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    if by "dots" you mean conditions then no it does not
    was rude: you're oversensitive
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-04-19 at 11:33 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  13. #813
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i gave you 4, none of them did damage via conditions except deathly swarm but that's only if you had them on you at the start, by default it does not
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hunter%27s_Call

    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Locust_Swarm

    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Life_Siphon

    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Swarm

    ^^the only plausible argument for "it applies a damage condition"

    here's more
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Well_of_Suffering

    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Axe

    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Binding_Blade



    all of these deal damage over time without using a condition
    ...You can also make the assumption by your logic that a pet is a dot too or channeled spells.....
    I also like that your bringing up other classes to a thief discussion link me a thief skill thats a dmg over time, thats not a condition?
    Why are we still debating its a simple terminology that applies to any game.
    Another thing is steal based on class or weapon they use in pvp?
    Last edited by solidsheep; 2012-04-19 at 11:35 PM.

  14. #814
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    ...You can also make the assumption by your logic that a pet is a dot too or channeled spells.....
    Mind Flay in WoW is technically a DoT.

  15. #815
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    ...You can also make the assumption by your logic that a pet is a dot too or channeled spells.....
    i never listed those because those manifested effects are not attackable and do not follow an AI routine
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  16. #816
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    was rude: you're oversensitive
    No, that's not what's being rude - the way you're responding and reacting and overall handling this is just plain rude, especially the way you tried so hard to make your "point" by pretending to be confused about what I was talking about by nitpicking at terminology when you knew damn well what I was referring to by inferring through context.

    i.e. You're being rude, because you're nit-picking, and you simply can't let this one go. Who the hell cares if his terminology isn't 100% accurate in your book? You knew exactly what he was talking about. That's all that matters.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  17. #817
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    No, that's not what's being rude - the way you're responding and reacting and overall handling this is just plain rude, especially the way you tried so hard to make your "point" by pretending to be confused about what I was talking about by nitpicking at terminology when you knew damn well what I was referring to by inferring through context.

    i.e. You're being rude, because you're nit-picking, and you simply can't let this one go. Who the hell cares if his terminology isn't 100% accurate in your book? You knew exactly what he was talking about. That's all that matters.
    if you read into the message a negative tone well... thats your problem and frankly, your mistake

    since there was ambiguity in the statement i answered him with the assumption that he meant conditions. that doesnt mean i said it like this:
    "umm, do you mean conditions fucking noob???"
    because i didn't

    in fact, the tone i used in my head while writing that post was very professor like, such as the tone your physics professor would use explaining fluid dynamics

    contrast to this post: annoyed
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  18. #818
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    if you read into the message a negative tone well... thats your problem and frankly, your mistake

    since there was ambiguity in the statement i answered him with the assumption that he meant conditions. that doesnt mean i said it like this:
    "umm, do you mean conditions fucking noob???"
    because i didn't

    in fact, the tone i used in my head while writing that post was very professor like, such as the tone your physics professor would use explaining fluid dynamics

    contrast to this post: annoyed
    You started off by calling him a jerk. I consider calling somebody a jerk to be very negative. Your original post certainly wasn't "pissy" but from the moment you started responding to people about this topic, you most certainly were being quite rude. Him saying you were "pissy" was certainly far from the mark, but his post was specifically complaining about how everybody in this forum nitpicks on terminology too much, and you chose to call him a jerk for such a complaint.

    It's one thing to try and be perfectly accurate with terminology, it's quite another to be rude about it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  19. #819
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You started off by calling him a jerk. I consider calling somebody a jerk to be very negative. Your original post certainly wasn't "pissy" but from the moment you started responding to people about this topic, you most certainly were being quite rude. Him saying you were "pissy" was certainly far from the mark, but his post was specifically complaining about how everybody in this forum nitpicks on terminology too much, and you chose to call him a jerk for such a complaint.

    It's one thing to try and be perfectly accurate with terminology, it's quite another to be rude about it.
    AFTER he said
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    DOT stands for Damage Over Time....why do people get so pissy on this forum the second they think someone is linking wow and gw2.....sigh
    which was AFTER i answered him politely

    not seeing how i "started off calling him a jerk"

    in fact, he was quite rude
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  20. #820
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    AFTER he said


    which was AFTER i answered him politely

    not seeing how i "started off calling him a jerk"

    in fact, he was quite rude
    Wow how much can you spin this... its like watching fox news...
    Dude chill... all your doing is proving me right why are you being such a over sensitive gw2 fan boy. I took your comment regarding dots and condition as snobby elitist gw2 fanboy. You sure as hell made a case for you self

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •