Page 50 of 105 FirstFirst ...
40
48
49
50
51
52
60
100
... LastLast
  1. #981
    Brewmaster Agile Emily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm aware of the mechanics of the thief, my point was that due to these mechanics thieves were unbelievably annoying to kill in PvP.
    Especially when you consider that if you killed one you usually ended up having to finish him twice, due to their whole 'lol I don't like being finished' mechanic.
    I admit, Ididnt do very much PvP, just a couple of games. Maybe my setup was bad, or I was playing badly, but I didnt do fantastically. Only really had one one-on-one with a necro, and got my ass kicked.

  2. #982
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I admit, Ididnt do very much PvP, just a couple of games. Maybe my setup was bad, or I was playing badly, but I didnt do fantastically. Only really had one one-on-one with a necro, and got my ass kicked.
    My issue stems from kicking thieves asses but rarely killing them, due to their large amount of "Lol, cya" type skills.
    The only time I could really catch them was when I knew they were dumb enough to run in one direction, and simply dropped ground AoEs in the path they were running. But that was all luck, and only being able to finish someone if you're lucky is annoying.

    (Then again, telling my flesh golem to charge in a completely random direction and hitting Allanon while he ran like a tool was EXTREMELY satisfying)

  3. #983
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm aware of the mechanics of the thief, my point was that due to these mechanics thieves were unbelievably annoying to kill in PvP.
    Especially when you consider that if you killed one you usually ended up having to finish him twice, due to their whole 'lol I don't like being finished' mechanic.
    you know 2 things i've noticed that fix that? calling birds to decend from the heavens and devour their soul (for some reason the birds don't go in stealth with the thief so i get to track em by where the birds are at, not sure if a bug or not submitted it anyway) and if they were inside a cap point it would continue to cap while they were stealthed allowed me to fire my axes randomly and eventually tell where they are when it ricochets off of thing air lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  4. #984
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    you know 2 things i've noticed that fix that? calling birds to decend from the heavens and devour their soul (for some reason the birds don't go in stealth with the thief so i get to track em by where the birds are at, not sure if a bug or not submitted it anyway) and if they were inside a cap point it would continue to cap while they were stealthed allowed me to fire my axes randomly and eventually tell where they are when it ricochets off of thing air lol
    The first is definitely not working as intended. :P

  5. #985
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Thieves were annoying in PvP.
    Not because they beat me, but because I couldn't beat THEM.
    It's extremely frustrating to get someone to 5% HP just to have them stealth and ditch, and it happens A LOT in GW2 combat due to their combat stealth not seeming to have nearly as long as a CD as WoW's vanish.
    And yet people are QQing in the Thief forum about being unable to set up ambushes without people seeing you. Trolololol
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  6. #986
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    And yet people are QQing in the Thief forum about being unable to set up ambushes without people seeing you. Trolololol
    lol omg seriously? Idk how many times i got ambushed in those BG fuck thieves lol, i'd be going towards one of the capture points and then BAM! thief from the shadows, they summon their thieves guild people and either 1) get completely stomped because they were a stupid glass canon with no ways to run, or 2) ate up a large portion of my time with their stealth dancing and keeping me from capturing (or assisting) my allies at the point i was trying to get to...

    I was built around supporting and survival with -some- damage thrown in as well so i think that's why glass canons just kinda fell over and the smarter ones couldn't just obliterate me...

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 12:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    The first is definitely not working as intended. :P
    lol i'm kinda hoping it's not xD
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  7. #987
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    And yet people are QQing in the Thief forum about being unable to set up ambushes without people seeing you. Trolololol
    Don't get me wrong btw, I'm not saying thieves are OP.
    I'm saying they're annoying to fight.
    Probably intentional, but there's only so many times you can get someone low and not have the satisfaction of a kill before you throw your headset across the room and are out 80$.

  8. #988
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Don't get me wrong btw, I'm not saying thieves are OP.
    Oh no, I know you weren't. But they would be with long-term stealth.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  9. #989
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,202
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    And yet people are QQing in the Thief forum about being unable to set up ambushes without people seeing you. Trolololol
    i just took my first glance at the official forums. i read a thread in which people complain about gw2 not having click-to-move and automatically following an enemy you've targeted ("i only hit air!") like gw1. i decided not to go there ever again ._.

    @_@

  10. #990
    Brewmaster Agile Emily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm saying they're annoying to fight.
    When people ask me whether thieves are ranged or melee, I reply that they're a harassment class. And that's the way I'd like to play.

    Maybe I cant take a point on my own, but I can piss you off and get you on low health until my teammates arrive.

  11. #991
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i just took my first glance at the official forums. i read a thread in which people complain about gw2 not having click-to-move and automatically following an enemy you've targeted ("i only hit air!") like gw1. i decided not to go there ever again ._.
    Somebody on the official General Discussion forum over there kept screaming at me "STOP COMPARING GW2 TO WOW LEVELING!" and apparently did not understand that I was saying that GW2 5-man dungeons felt harder than most 25-man Heroic mode bosses in WoW, since most of those bosses have you standing still, stacked up on top of 24 other people, while you mindlessly perform a pre-scripted series of abilities (or else spend the whole fight clicking on your UI).
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  12. #992
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Oh no, I know you weren't. But they would be with long-term stealth.
    They would indeed.
    Just making sure I'm not coming across as one of the many MANY people complaining that ____ is OP due to them not knowing how to counter it.
    "MM is OP!" no, you just don't know how to react to an army running at your face yet so you panic.
    "Ele is OP!" no, they just have a crazy amount of skills and you do not know all of them yet.
    "MM is underpowered!" no, you're depending too much on your minions and expecting them to do more than other utilities.
    "Ranged is too much easier than melee, and melee doesn't do as much more than ranged as it should considering how much harder it is to play!" You win this round gadget..

  13. #993
    I think one of the perks of being a thief is making quick getaways. And Yea you didnt kill us but you chased us off long enough for us both to recover and have another go round. Plus if you learn from your previous fight you may actually be able to figure out how to kill him the next time.

    Most times in the 2 BG's when i was low i would run them away from the node and stealth back to ninja it using a trap. So much fun =)

  14. #994
    Brewmaster Agile Emily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i just took my first glance at the official forums. i read a thread in which people complain about gw2 not having click-to-move and automatically following an enemy you've targeted ("i only hit air!") like gw1. i decided not to go there ever again ._.
    Yeah... I posted a few times when the forums had just opened. Looked today and... eeh. Everyone seems to just want to be better and stronger.

  15. #995
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    "Ranged is too much easier than melee, and melee doesn't do as much more than ranged as it should considering how much harder it is to play!" You win this round gadget..
    On that note: It's fair to say melee is harder, but as I played the game more, I realized that it's really only a problem at low levels when you're not used to the combat system yet. Hopefully ANet does something to prevent players from gravitating towards ranged weapons 9 times out of 10.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  16. #996
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    On that note: It's fair to say melee is harder, but as I played the game more, I realized that it's really only a problem at low levels when you're not used to the combat system yet. Hopefully ANet does something to prevent players from gravitating towards ranged weapons 9 times out of 10.
    It's still a problem.
    Anet have acknowledged it is a problem, and it is quite obviously a problem. The reward of 5% extra damage (or whatever low number it seems to currently be) is not high enough for the 100% chance of the boss picking you over a ranged to instagib.
    If there was a way to tell in the chaos that you were being targeted and that an attack was on the way it wouldn't be an issue, but with the spell effects and bosses instantly turning to you in a mass of people, most group situations had 0 reason to go melee.

  17. #997
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    If they just made mobs more likely to hit ranged enemies than they currently are, it wouldn't be such a high risk for melee. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  18. #998
    I am Murloc! Sy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Blue.
    Posts
    5,202
    i agree that there's a melee-problem, but i don't think way higher damage in general is a good way to solve it. i'd rather give melee classes more utility, mobility, support boons and conditions, control, etc.

    @_@

  19. #999
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    If they just made mobs more likely to hit ranged enemies than they currently are, it wouldn't be such a high risk for melee. :P
    Key word, slightly.
    I'm not saying that a boss should be just as likely to attack a range as a melee, or bosses would simply be kited to death, I'm saying that it shouldn't be a 100% chance to hit a close target over a far one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i agree that there's a melee-problem, but i don't think way higher damage in general is a good way to solve it. i'd rather give melee classes more utility, mobility, support boons and conditions, control, etc.
    You should be rewarded for having to play better, in my opinion. If something has a higher skill requirement, it should be better than spamming skills from range.

  20. #1000
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i agree that there's a melee-problem, but i don't think way higher damage in general is a good way to solve it. i'd rather give melee classes more utility, mobility, support boons and conditions, control, etc.
    Agree. It could even be as simple as making it easier for melee to dodge, and making it so that they can dodge more often.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •