His evade is over 9000!
But about the other classes weapons swapping&CD usage and thief initiative system limits in that area. What do you thing could be done for it?
Too much initiative regen -> no limits on thief sill usage -> nerf damage or return to slower initiative regeneration. Should there be faster regen for a while/ some basic initiative return when swapping weapons, but that would also lead to problems... any ideas? To be honest I'm not even entirely sure how it works now, initiative is independent from weapons and just generates within the phase toon has it?
TBH should switch it to a master trait
i dont expect any changes to initiative regarding weapon swaps though. init is already a really powerful tool that thieves have and i see the weapon swappign issue as something we'll have to manage. i personally dont see it as a problem. yea we'd be more "powerful" if it was changed but i dont think its something that should be done
I havent figured out this yet so Im asking you guys: What kinda skills interrupt stealth? Only damage dealing skills or what? Mostly Im interested knowing if dodging and shadowstepping interrupts stealth coz id wanna combo those skills
Q: Is there stealth in Guild Wars 2 and if so, how does it work?
A: Yes, a Thief has several skills to allow them to stealth. Stealth has time limit so the Thief can't remain stealth forever and stealth fully breaks if the Thief uses a skill other than the "steal" skill. Also, a stealth Thief can be spotted if you pay attention to the environment, look for moving grass or bushes or water. If a stealth Thief takes damage, it will temporary make them visible and they will automatically re-stealth if they go a few seconds without taking damage. Since targeting is not required to use any of the skills in Guild Wars 2, it won't be hard to deal with a stealth Thief should you notice one.
~MMO-Champion, Guild Wars 2: The One Thread
Remember that you can get stealth from cross profession combos. Skill combinations that give stealth:
- Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Blast = Area Stealth
- Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Leap = Stealth
Thief skills for these purposes:
- Black Powder: Fire a shot with black powder, creating a smoke cloud that blinds nearby enemies. (Combo Field: Smoke)
- Smoke Screen: Create a smoke screen that Blocks projectiles and Blinds foes. (Combo Field: Smoke)
- Cluster Bomb: Fire a cluster bomb at target area. Detonate in midair for multiple explosions. (Combo Finisher: Blast)
- Heartseeker: Leap and strike your foe. The less health your target has, the more damage you cause. (Combo Finisher: Leap)
Thief skills that give stealth:
- Cloak and Dagger: Stab your foe and vanish in stealth, leaving them vulnerable.
- Hide in Shadows: Vanish in stealth and gain regeneration. Removes Burning, Poison and Bleeding.
- Blinding Powder: Blind foes in the target area and grant Stealth to nearby allies.
- Shadow Refuge: Create a pulsing refuge at the target area that heals allies and cloaks them in stealth.
- Shadow Trap: Set a trap. You vanish in stealth and shadowstep back to the trap when it is triggered.
- Smoke Bomb: Drop a smoke bomb and vanish in stealth, shadowstepping to a nearby location.
I'm pretty sure neither shadowstep or dodge breaks stealth.
But I might be wrong.
And I'm also pretty sure venoms can be applied while stealthed.
And I'm also pretty sure you can auto-attack in stealth - and stay in stealth as long as you don't hit anyone.
Last edited by Suchaku; 2012-06-30 at 12:09 PM.
Dodge rolling does not break stealth.
If you have Default Key: 1 set to auto attack stealthing does not change this setting.
I disabled Auto Attack on my Dagger/Dagger set because of this. It was frustrating how many times I would use a skill that stealthed me only to have it instantly broken by a buffered auto attack before I could even line up my Backstab.
On the previous points about Smoke Bomb while downed.
If you had the trait which gave you 1 second of extra stealth time you were undunkable. It was literally impossible to get dunked if you waited the full duration of the stealth. Without the trait people needed to find you the second you became visible. With the trait people either learned to just attack you to death instead of trying to dunk you, you bled out after 2 minutes of teleporting around, or they gave up and you healed yourself back up.
I found this rather annoying in some cases like with that hunters? skill where like a dozen birds attack me and keep circling around my head. I tried several times to evade this one by using the vanish in shadows skill and run away but somehow the birds always found me and broke my stealth and got me on very low health. Do you guys know if there are other skills that find you even though you are in stealth and moving?If a stealth Thief takes damage, it will temporary make them visible and they will automatically re-stealth if they go a few seconds without taking damage.
I'm pretty sure that activating Assassin Signet won't break stealth, seeing as venoms can be applied still. It seems that the basic rule of thumb is that using an ability that affects other people, your heal, or your dodge.. will break stealth.
I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.
If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.