Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker87 View Post
    I'm going to have to read that later (I'm at work and don't have time). I will read it though. I probably won't agree with it because I'm not against randomness in pvp.

I'm sorry if you feel that I'm attacking you, I don't mean to come off that way, I just don't agree with your views on the subject. Nothing more than that.
    Oh I'm just being a bit of an ass right now. Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Oh I'm just being a bit of an ass right now. Don't worry.
    We all have those days. I had one like that a few days ago. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanille View Post
    Shadowstep has a condition removal on it, removes 2 conditions when you step to target, and again when you step to original location
    60 sec cooldown
    Bah, but that's still not nearly as good as it could be. Other professions seem to have it easier with condition removal. :<

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    2 second stealth is still effective because it untargets you and unlike other MMOs, stealth can be used pretty often in combat.
    Doesn't really matter when you remember that you can use your skills without having a target.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-07-26 at 06:43 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Bah, but that's still not nearly as good as it could be. Other professions seem to have it easier with condition removal. :<

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 01:42 PM ----------

Doesn't really matter when you remember that you can use your skills without having a target.
    I don't think thieves are really known for condition removal.... and the only 2 profs i can think of with amazing condition removal are guardians and necros which makes sense, necros, the masters of like rot and decay and all that condition stuff just throw it onto their enemies and go TROLOLOLO! where guardians just purge it with their righteousness blah blah blah...

and i gotta say 2 seconds is still a lot in combat terms, it's enough to escape most people, and escape anything that requires targeting (like mesmer clones for example) not to mention it's annoying as hell and cancels you as my pets target so i need to either A) put him on passive until you show up again, or B) say fuck it, and kill someone else until my new target is dead, or you're done being a sneaky bastard.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of profs good at it besides those two. O_o

Also: mesmer clones don't actually require targeting. If the skill hits the enemy, it'll spawn a clone on them, I'm pretty sure.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of profs good at it besides those two. O_o

Also: mesmer clones don't actually require targeting. If the skill hits the enemy, it'll spawn a clone on them, I'm pretty sure.
    Nope, moves like the roll away spawn, the illusionary leap spawn, mirror images, etc etc etc etc require a target or else no clone gets spawned, sure i can throw my illusionary great sword boomerang thingy move all day long, but it wont spawn a clone unless i have an enemy targeted (or in that ones case it ricochets and hits an enemy sometime during the bouncing sequence)

and those are the only 2 with A LOT of condition removal, most only have like 1 skill that does it, rangers have their aoe heal which doesn't heal NEARLY as much as the other two heals, or an elite that they should be using to pick up downed people instead, elems have that cleansing flames thing unless they spend trait points and are able to pick one up in i believe the water traitline... etc etc etc.

EDIT: Upon checking wiki it appears that a large amount of skills that used to NOT remove conditions now do.... thieves actually are in the top 2 or 3 profs for condition removals
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-07-26 at 09:16 PM.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    EDIT: Upon checking wiki it appears that a large amount of skills that used to NOT remove conditions now do.... thieves actually are in the top 2 or 3 profs for condition removals
    O_o

How? Shadowstep has always had a condition removal bit to it, though it sounds like it now removes 2 on both parts of it, instead of only 3 on the last part. What else now has condition removal?

My primary issue with Pain Response is that I do not control when it happens. If I'm below 75% HP, and I get hit, I gain Regeneration, and AT THAT MOMENT, damaging conditions are removed. I can't save that particular reaction for the specific moment that I expect to be at the highest number of bleed/bleed/poison stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    O_o

How? Shadowstep has always had a condition removal bit to it, though it sounds like it now removes 2 on both parts of it, instead of only 3 on the last part. What else now has condition removal?
    Hide in shadows removes burning, poison, bleed. Roll for initiative and Withdraw remove immobilize, cripple, chill. Shadow return moves 1 condition. Signet of Agility removes one from you and all nearby allies. Shadowstep removes 3. The trait Shadows embrace removes one every 3 seconds of stealth. That seems about it... guardian is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the lead on condition removals, but thief and necro are trailing fairly close behind. and then mesmer CAN be too if they trait for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hide in shadows removes burning, poison, bleed. Roll for initiative and Withdraw remove immobilize, cripple, chill. Shadow return moves 1 condition. Signet of Agility removes one from you and all nearby allies. Shadowstep removes 3. The trait Shadows embrace removes one every 3 seconds of stealth. That seems about it... guardian is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in the lead on condition removals, but thief and necro are trailing fairly close behind. and then mesmer CAN be too if they trait for it.
    That's always been the case. My point being that RfI and Withdraw will only remove movement-impairing conditions. Hide in Shadows (which prevents choosing Withdraw) will only remove damaging conditions. Signet of Agility will only remove a random single condition (which may or may not be the one you want) and more often than not, you're going to use it for endurance filling + signet traits instead of condition removal.
    Shadowstep is good, imo, but I'd hate to blow it for the condition removal when it's also our best mobility tool.

I just can't help but notice that condition removals from other professions are either more controlled or more frequent.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's always been the case. My point being that RfI and Withdraw will only remove movement-impairing conditions. Hide in Shadows (which prevents choosing Withdraw) will only remove damaging conditions. Signet of Agility will only remove a random single condition (which may or may not be the one you want) and more often than not, you're going to use it for endurance filling + signet traits instead of condition removal.
    Shadowstep is good, imo, but I'd hate to blow it for the condition removal when it's also our best mobility tool.

I just can't help but notice that condition removals from other professions are either more controlled or more frequent.
    yup... because you know... rangers who have all 2 condition removals (other then that 1 signet which i don't think anyone uses because it's only 1 con every 10 seconds) have it soooooooooooooooo worse off.... especially when one is on a 240 second CD and the other is on a 30 second CD... poor thieves you can only remove all 3 offensive or snaring conditions with 1 skill (respectively ofc) or remove 3 conditions just by closing/increasing the gap between you and someone else...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda surprised they nerfed Evasive Purity, actually. O_o
    I could've sworn Rangers had more condition removals than that when I last played with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda surprised they nerfed Evasive Purity, actually. O_o
    I could've sworn Rangers had more condition removals than that when I last played with them.
    The only other one we have shoots all of them to our pet, and as you could imagine, that's pretty detrimental to the life expectancy if our pet... And evasive purity got nerfed because an army bitched and moaned in the forums about how it was "Op" but now it removes some of the lamest conditions (I mean for christs sake blind and poison? That's it?)

10+ Year Old Account
    So... what happens when it "shoots" them all to your pet, and then you swap pets?

10+ Year Old Account
    So... what happens when it "shoots" them all to your pet, and then you swap pets?
    They're removed, but then I don't have a way to save my pets ass for 20 seconds

Deleted
    Uhm... Hi.
    I've posted in this thread before, but I hadn't played around with builds at all. I had a quick read of the wiki today and decided to try and make one that I think would be interesting for me.
    I'm sure you guys are waaaayyy more knowledgeable than me at this, so yeah... do you think this would work for a build that's really strong with conditions and a bit of support?
    http://en.gw2codex.com/build/6702/show
    I'm mainly looking at it for PVE (leveling) content, and I'm obviously just getting a feel for it, but any feedback you might have would be really nice ^^.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks pretty good to me, it looks like it'd do pretty well in pvp as well/

10+ Year Old Account
    They're removed, but then I don't have a way to save my pets ass for 20 seconds
    Psh. I'm perfectly willing to set my pet to passive to make him run away from melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Psh. I'm perfectly willing to set my pet to passive to make him run away from melee.
    Oh no that's not the big deal lol, it's more if/when they get caught in a bunch of AoEs (i use a raven so that's actually dangerous for him, sir oinks a lot, berry bearington, Deep Breather, and Wilson and Lawlzy Chicken aren't nearly as afraid of AoEs...), and there's also ranged.... but lets face it, most players wont focus pets especially when you're a beast master and they aren't really doing any damage to it by themself...

Deleted
    So, anyway, I hear thieves are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks muches, editing OP
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass