Page 92 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Traits make it super powerful, but if your not going poison build its pointless.
    I run a full venom build in tPvP since they're our only real viable option.

Build I run: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fYAQ...rPOYk+sCZEysDA

10+ Year Old Account
    Basilisk venom is really only useful when you have Venomous Auras, working with a team, imo.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am running a crit pitol build which doesn't even touch poison. However, it abuses stealth and is extremely bursty so it is great fun in pvp. I might try a poison build on live for fun, but the crit build really stole my heart after using it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Basilisk venom is really only useful when you have Venomous Auras, working with a team, imo.
    Its a great opener for the way I play lets me lock someone in place run in stealth and get my pistol opener with out too much threat. Since I always have it cast on my weapon cooldown is always really low and if timed well i can cast it 3 times in less then 10secs.

10+ Year Old Account
    My 2cents for the discussion:

I found Thief to be very very squishy. I hit level 18 at the highest on one.

Shortbow is a very, very good Weapon to use as a Thief. Keeps you out of the shit, and does very good damage. However, I almost found melee weapons and pistols to almost not be an option.

To an extent, with perfect play you can carve down enemies taking little to no damage in melee, but the skill cap is by far the highest of any of the 4 classes I've played so far. It is SO hard to play a melee thief compared to a Warrior, or even moreso, a Guardian.

Hopefully Thief Shortbow being so incredible won't make them say "eh, Thief is fine" if it turns out the melee weapons are indeed underplayed.

I love the class though. Very rewarding feeling when you do well as melee, it's just extremely tough.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a great opener for the way I play lets me lock someone in place run in stealth and get my pistol opener with out too much threat. Since I always have it cast on my weapon cooldown is always really low and if timed well i can cast it 3 times in less then 10secs.
    Yeah, I am debating between Bas and Call for my pistol thief. I like both, but Bas is really nice against melee opponents or those trying to run away.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
    My 2cents for the discussion:

I found Thief to be very very squishy. I hit level 18 at the highest on one.

Shortbow is a very, very good Weapon to use as a Thief. Keeps you out of the shit, and does very good damage. However, I almost found melee weapons and pistols to almost not be an option.

To an extent, with perfect play you can carve down enemies taking little to no damage in melee, but the skill cap is by far the highest of any of the 4 classes I've played so far. It is SO hard to play a melee thief compared to a Warrior, or even moreso, a Guardian.

Hopefully Thief Shortbow being so incredible won't make them say "eh, Thief is fine" if it turns out the melee weapons are indeed underplayed.

I love the class though. Very rewarding feeling when you do well as melee, it's just extremely tough.
    Some tips:
    Get toughness gear quit stacking power.
    If your melee use stealth a lot, the openers are the hardest hitting skills we have. I was level 23 in bwe1 and just two shotting stuff with duel daggers.
    Learn to to melee kite/dance this is the best way to learn to read mobs animation for their hard hitting skills.

Had a chance to play a little thief PVP myself, is it just me or are the stealth moves a little clunky and not exactly... stealthy? The theif just doesn't seem to do enough damage for how fragile it is on the battlefield, I just constantly kept getting handed anytime I was going up against the enemy alone (in PVP that is).

How did you guys feel about the balance of thief? Anyone get a chance to try them out in PVE? Any fun?

On a related note, here is a very entertaining Thief PVP video. Had me laughing me pretty hard, I really like this guy's commentary even though he doesn't really know what he's doing half the time

Quote Originally Posted by theslipperyotter View Post
    Had a chance to play a little thief PVP myself, is it just me or are the stealth moves a little clunky and not exactly... stealthy? The theif just doesn't seem to do enough damage for how fragile it is on the battlefield, I just constantly kept getting handed anytime I was going up against the enemy alone (in PVP that is).

How did you guys feel about the balance of thief? Anyone get a chance to try them out in PVE? Any fun?

On a related note, here is a very entertaining Thief PVP video. Had me laughing me pretty hard, I really like this guy's commentary even though he doesn't really know what he's doing half the time

Have you changed your runes when you go into pvp or do just use what they give you.... also quit spaming heartseeker.
    I dont understand how people are complaining about theifs dmg... i went full crit build with duel dagger and was opening up on people for 7+k. You have to look and find what fits your play style you just cant ask for everything and complain classes are under powered.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improvisation

Don't know if I like this trait. There's a chance no skill at all would be recharged....
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

http://www.wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Improvisation

Don't know if I like this trait. There's a chance no skill at all would be recharged....
    Damn always though it it recharged what ever skills you have pick out so if all poisons it would be 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn always though it it recharged what ever skills you have pick out so if all poisons it would be 100%
    Well, I'm assuming it's random. It is tied to Steal, after all. There's no indication it's not random.

It used to be just for Venoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm assuming it's random. It is tied to Steal, after all. There's no indication it's not random.

It used to be just for Venoms.
    it was 33% chance to restore poison
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Venomous aura the best trait for thief if you go condition and group play. The epic one ever... + descrase the recharges + make steal the reset all venoms or other (one of them) boom

Playing a double dagger thief, focus on stealthing and backstabs.

I have a feeling that at least a few things are not working as they should with the thief. Hidden killer says 100% chance to crit when in stealth, but it doesn't crit always (tested for sure on golems), only like half of the time.

The signet that is supposed to give you 150% damage on next attack doesn't actually do any extra damage. Without the signet I backstab crit for 4700-5000 on heavy golems, with the signet the damage is basically the same, when it should be 6000+....

The elite skill that turns target to stone doesn't work always.

I don't know what the hell is up with the thief but it seems very borked.
    Last edited by Grable; 2012-08-15 at 09:05 PM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hidden Killer sets your crit chance to 50%, not by 50%. Unless they changed it in the current build.

Hidden Killer sets your crit chance to 50%, not by 50%. Unless they changed it in the current build.

Like I said, something is borked. And it's not just Hidden Killer.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    The elite skill that turns target to stone doesn't work always.
    Nice to know I wasn't the only person with this problem.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 12:29 AM ----------

List of Thief changes from Guru for those interested.

Dagger

Cloak and Dagger 6 5 Resources. Vulnerability(5s) 3 Stacks : -30 Defense. 1% Incoming Damage.
    Dancing Dagger 3 4 Resources.
    Death Blossom Whirl Finish Type.Damage: 249.0208. 332.0277.
    Lotus Strike Strike your foe and inflict weakness. Poison. Weakness(3s): -50% Endurance Regeneration,+50% Fumble. Poisoned(2s): 4 Damage,-33% Heal Effectiveness.
    Wild Strike Gain Endurance with a sucessful strike. Buff: .

Elite

Basilisk Venom Venom Duration: 45 seconds. 30 seconds.
    Dagger Storm Stability(8s): Ignore control effects (Stun, Knockback, Launch, Knockdown, Sink, Float, Fear, Daze).

Harpoon

Flanking Strike Vulnerability(5s) 3 Stacks : -30 Defense. 1% Incoming Damage.

Heal

Signet of Malice 20 15 sec Cooldown. Healing: 324.8376. Healing: 75.

Pistol

Body Shot Vulnerability(6s) 5 Stacks : -30 Defense. 1% Incoming Damage.
    Sneak Attack Physical Projectile Finish Type.Damage: 531.2443. 664.0553. Bleeding(4s) 4 Stacks : 2.5 Damage. 5 Stacks : 2.5 Damage.

Short Bow

Detonate Cluster 4 Resources.
    Disabling Shot 3 4 Resources.

Sword

Crippling Strike Weakness(2s): -50% Endurance Regeneration,+50% Fumble.
    Infiltrator's Strike 2 3 Resources. Immobile(1s): Unable to move..
    Pistol Whip Damage: 1355.78. Damage: 1743.145. Stun: 0.25 seconds. Stun: 0.5 seconds.
    Tactical Strike Daze: 1 seconds. Daze: 2 seconds.

Utility

Devourer Venom Venom Duration: 45 seconds. 30 seconds.
    Ice Drake Venom Venom Duration: 45 seconds. 30 seconds.
    Needle Trap Poisoned(15s Poisoned(6s): 4 Damage,-33% Heal Effectiveness. Immobile(5s): Unable to move.. Immobile(3s): Unable to move..
    Shadow Refuge Healing: 16. Healing: 35.
    Shadow Return 900 1200 Range.
    Signet of Shadows Immobile(2s): Unable to move.. Radius: 240 feet.
    Skale Venom Vulnerability(5s): -30 Defense. 1% Incoming Damage. Venom Duration: 45 seconds. 30 seconds.
    Spider Venom Venom Duration: 45 seconds. 30 seconds.

Weapon

Cheap Shot Damage: 166.0138. Damage: 442.7036.
    Diving Knife Damage: 138.3449. Damage: 276.6897.
    Shadow Escape 10 15 sec Cooldown.
    Smoke Bomb Duration: 1 seconds.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted
    Very good changes for dual dagger build or am I wrong?:P. Played a little today with a crit build and was surpirsed how fast I can kill people.

10+ Year Old Account
    a little sad to see weakness go from D/x

but poison is a welcomed replacement, hopefully the endurance on wild will help keep the extra survivability we lose from weakness going to S/x.

very happy to see refuge buffed
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass