Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
52
102
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Warchief Cherrysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    This video definitely belongs here...



    He shows off a decent amount of abilities. He speaks a different language, but he still mouses over the tool tips before he uses the ability and in full screen the picture is clear enough to read what it does.
    I was bored last night and went through the Videos listed in our Video thread and watched this , and it really grabbed me, i just wish there was some actually Thief gameplay that i cant seem to find (but i may be blind). But yeah it's changed my mind about them for sure.

  2. #22
    Who doesn't love Infiltrator's Arrow or all of the shortbow skills in general? I mean the possibilities are endless. Arrow up to a roof so melee can't attack you, if they leap up to you just jump down and you'll have enough initiative to hope back up while their leap is still on cd. Then there is the possibility of using it to explore. If you look at this video imagine how easy it would be to get to higher places easier, faster and safer. The range on your IA is quite long so in that video, at 2:45 you see an area that the necro can't get to because it doesn't have that kind of mobility in any of their skills. You can just explore to new heights with it.

    Then there is the dagger/dagger skills the mobility of these skills when facing opponents is astounding. You can throw your dagger to cripple them, leap over them to dodge enemy attacks all while doing damage and you can stealth to appear out of nowhere and surprise your enemy.

    To me the pistol/pistol combination doesn't look all that exciting. However it does have a lot of conditions that it applies, bleed, blind, daze and vulnerability. I'm going to need more gameplay footage before I make my decision on it. Unload does look pretty beast though.

    The Sword was the big shock for me, I didn't think it would be that cool at all but after seeing the footage of it it has sparked some interest in me. I approve of the changes made to it.

    Wishlist:

    So far I just really hope for some great footage to come out soon about the Thief so I can learn more about their intricacies in both PvE and PvP. Even though I know it won't happen I am really hoping for another weapon to be available for the thief. Currently we just have 7 combos, compared to the 10 and up of the other professions, and I feel that an offhand sword would be great a addition. With just that weapon you would have a total of 10 different weapon combinations, but again that's just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Bangaa; 2012-02-23 at 10:10 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarko View Post
    Skill Im talking about is Cloak and Dagger (5th skill) - reduce armor of your target and put you into stealth for a few seconds. No cd you just need to have enough initiative (energy) to use it
    Ah I thought it was that stab and stealth ability-- don't remember the name and kit. That skill you describe seems nice. But I like perma stealth so I can just ignore stuff indefinitely. :>

  4. #24
    Wait a minute. Watching that video looks like 1 initiative point takes 2 seconds to recharge. That's an awful lot seeing that every skill uses 3-6 points.

    I can't believe that after 2-3 abilities you have to wait basically with your pants down for 20 seconds.

  5. #25
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Wait a minute. Watching that video looks like 1 initiative point takes 2 seconds to recharge. That's an awful lot seeing that every skill uses 3-6 points.

    I can't believe that after 2-3 abilities you have to wait basically with your pants down for 20 seconds.
    Your bread and butter melee attack doesn't cost any initiative, but the guy only uses it once so it's hard to notice. Also there is a cooldown ability that regenerates initiative http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roll_for_Initiative
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-02-23 at 10:17 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Wait a minute. Watching that video looks like 1 initiative point takes 2 seconds to recharge. That's an awful lot seeing that every skill uses 3-6 points.

    I can't believe that after 2-3 abilities you have to wait basically with your pants down for 20 seconds.
    To me, it looks like it's more than one, but less than 2, so I'd guess 1.5 seconds.
    There's also this, which becomes almost mandatory: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Signet

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Ah I thought it was that stab and stealth ability-- don't remember the name and kit. That skill you describe seems nice. But I like perma stealth so I can just ignore stuff indefinitely. :>
    Well you idd need to stab somebody for it to work Means if you are too far away or enemy dodge and your skill didnt hit a target no stealth is happening But this is idd not the only way how to get into stealth. You still need to be carefull with this ability because its not cheap on initiative and as it stands now missed skill costs the same amount.

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 11:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Wait a minute. Watching that video looks like 1 initiative point takes 2 seconds to recharge. That's an awful lot seeing that every skill uses 3-6 points.

    I can't believe that after 2-3 abilities you have to wait basically with your pants down for 20 seconds.
    There are traits and utility skills to help with that but ye regen could be a bit faster

  8. #28
    Legendary! Spl4sh3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,815
    If you want massive mobility I would go for the Sword/Dagger combination with Shortbow to switch out with. With Shadowstep as one of the utility skills. Then you have tons of ways to move around. This is the combination I know I will use. I will obviously unlock all skills possible and might change my mind. Though I know for sure the mentioned combination is what I think sounds best right at this moment.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    I was bored last night and went through the Videos listed in our Video thread and watched this , and it really grabbed me, i just wish there was some actually Thief gameplay that i cant seem to find (but i may be blind). But yeah it's changed my mind about them for sure.
    I haven't really seen any with a decent thief PoV, but there's a couple decent ones where a thief kills the player that's doing the recording.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQe8...youtu.be&t=21s

    For this one they fight for a little bit and then the thief disappears, but the fight starts again at 8:28

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0WX4Cc7TFs#t=405

  10. #30
    Shortbow looks absolutely sick. The option to detonate your shots early and rain shrapnel down or fire an arrow to a spot and port there. Only thing is it seems the dual pistol route is a bit more 'on your feet' vs. shortbow. One requiring more proactive planning than the other essentially.

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarko View Post
    Using a dagger in your offhand you can vanish in stealth during combat any time you want without any cd, I think thats way better and more fun than perma stealth
    5 init which is normally a "cooldown" of 5 seconds

    of course theres the trait that restores 2 init when you stealth, which is REALLY good for dagger OH
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  12. #32
    what you guys think about sword+dagger combo, looks fun

    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...switch=2f44b24 or so

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Shortbow looks absolutely sick. The option to detonate your shots early and rain shrapnel down or fire an arrow to a spot and port there. Only thing is it seems the dual pistol route is a bit more 'on your feet' vs. shortbow. One requiring more proactive planning than the other essentially.
    short bow comes off more of an area ranged weapon where pistols is more single target
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Shortbow looks absolutely sick. The option to detonate your shots early and rain shrapnel down or fire an arrow to a spot and port there. Only thing is it seems the dual pistol route is a bit more 'on your feet' vs. shortbow. One requiring more proactive planning than the other essentially.
    bow = aoe, pistol = single target

  15. #35
    MH sword seemed more PVP useful than PVE, so meh.

  16. #36
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    what you guys think about sword+dagger combo, looks fun
    good synergy with dancing dagger and infiltrators strike flanking strike is nice but i prefer sword pistol becuase theres a bit more control to it (as a second weapon setup)
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  17. #37
    The thief dodge traits are pretty cool too. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dodge

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    5 init which is normally a "cooldown" of 5 seconds

    of course theres the trait that restores 2 init when you stealth, which is REALLY good for dagger OH
    yup. I wouldnt mind like 2sec cd actually so you wont use it accidentaly twice in pvp

  19. #39
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarko View Post
    yup. I wouldnt mind like 2sec cd actually so you wont use it accidentaly twice in pvp
    it wont go off until the first animation finishes anyway, im sure its enough time to hit another ability if you spammed 5

    tho 2 rapid hits and stealth would be funny

    troll move: hit, hide, hit, hide
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Your bread and butter melee attack doesn't cost any initiative, but the guy only uses it once so it's hard to notice. Also there is a cooldown ability that regenerates initiative http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Roll_for_Initiative
    I'm aware of that. There are also, as mentioned, traits that restore initiative when you stealth, increase your initiative restore ratio when stealthed and restore initiative when scoring a crit. Even then 20 seconds (I used a watch, it's really 2 second per point) look like an awful amount of time specially looking at how fast the combat is

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •