Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Unless he was super saiyan Ezio.
    Now I'm trying to imagine him with Super Saiyan hair...

DOES NOT COMPUTE ERROR CM 42!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Now I'm trying to imagine him with Super Saiyan hair...

DOES NOT COMPUTE ERROR CM 42!
    http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/a...uperSaiyan.png

The internet never fails to amaze.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking I plan to make a stealth-less Thief...

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_thief_skills

Looks to be updated from the press beta, btw.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Oh you mean you can use Shadowstep to just teleport to a location without requiring a target ? That would be interesting. The wording of the ability is "Shadowstep to the target location" so I guess you're right. I just assumed it was a "regular" Shadowstep like the one in World of Warcraft.

That being said, it could be problematic in WvW. Could Shadowstep and more importantly Infiltrator's Arrow be used to jump over walls seeing as they don't require to target an enemy ?
    There is a thief video on youtube that has the thief using infiltrator's arrow to go over walls or shoots the arrow through a hole in a wall and go to the other side of the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would appear that one of the traits you can get is one that causes you to be stealthed when you use the Steal skill. Which means you don't have to specifically slot for stealth abilities as a utility skill, or even be forced to use daggers to stealth?

Though Stealing does require melee range, so at that point it's more of a vanish than a stealth.

We need to rename this thread to something cool like the Necro, Guardian, and Ranger threads. We can't be outdone by those goths, bushmen, and... knights, I guess. Something like Stealth, Poison, and Traps, Oh My!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing is True: The Thieves Guild

It would appear that one of the traits you can get is one that causes you to be stealthed when you use the Steal skill. Which means you don't have to specifically slot for stealth abilities as a utility skill, or even be forced to use daggers to stealth?

Though Stealing does require melee range, so at that point it's more of a vanish than a stealth.
    Although it does put you at melee range, it can be used at range.

By using the steal skill, the character will shadow step to the enemy[1] and steal an item from them.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steal

It can, also, be used without a target, as seen from this video:
    http://youtu.be/aqnvO3NTXHM?t=2m

Certainly viable as a stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    There is a thief video on youtube that has the thief using infiltrator's arrow to go over walls or shoots the arrow through a hole in a wall and go to the other side of the wall.
    holy flippin' chocolate balls.. for real? way cool.

10+ Year Old Account

its not really a vanish but more of a way to access your stealth ability
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    Although it does put you at melee range, it can be used at range.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steal

It can, also, be used without a target, as seen from this video:
    http://youtu.be/aqnvO3NTXHM?t=2m

Certainly viable as a stealth.
    I hadn't noticed the shadowstepping part. Frickin' epic. And it doesn't need an actual target? O_O

So that means I can use that for my main stealth, instead of feeling forced to slot a stealth utility/heal.

I still need the trait that unlocks that particular bonus to Steal, but oh well.

Also: I still think this thread needs a better title. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Also: I still think this thread needs a better title. :<
    like what? it gets the point across theres no need to be overly colorful with the title
    The Original Ganksta

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Fo real? That will make the exploring challenges a lot easier on Thief, love it. ;D
    Nothing cooler than a Asura Thief with afro.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    There's one thing I'm curious about... leaping death blossom: Leap over your opponent, striking nearby enemies three times. Each hit causes bleeding. What if the target is too tall to leap over? Does the ability become useless?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    There's one thing I'm curious about... leaping death blossom: Leap over your opponent, striking nearby enemies three times. Each hit causes bleeding. What if the target is too tall to leap over? Does the ability become useless?
    real thieves go through their opponents, not over them
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Go gadget Spring Boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    The real reason why everyone hates Garrosh...he sparkles in sunlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai View Post
    Saw a hunter named Michaelvick with no pet out

10+ Year Old Account
    Found a thief pvp video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUuld_mqqCE He's actually pretty decent, but it looks like thieves are underpowered atm. He's doing what he can to dodge etc etc, but gets wrecked really fast no matter what.

Found a thief pvp video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUuld_mqqCE He's actually pretty decent, but it looks like thieves are underpowered atm. He's doing what he can to dodge etc etc, but gets wrecked really fast no matter what.
    There are a few things about this video that bother me -
    1. His damage is loooww. I don't know why, but where he is hitting for 100-200, he's getting hit for 500-600 on a regular basis.
    2. He never switches weapons, which I feel is going to be a vital part to thief PvP.

That thief only had 10k health?

I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers, as they're always in flux, and that's excluding the fact that this Thief could have done a substantially better job.

Also, I noticed him dodge while he was crippled. How long has that been changed? I keep missing all of these things );