Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Hrm...

In going dual dagger and dual pistol, I might end up grabbing scorpion wire after all. O_o

Dual dagger has so many skills that cause you to "leap at your foe" that I don't think I'd need the extra mobility from shadowstepping, but scorpion wire could be used to pull enemies away from a group.
    Exactly, I'm going infiltrators signet, scorpion wire, and either smoke screen or blinding power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Exactly, I'm going infiltrators signet, scorpion wire, and either smoke screen or blinding power.
    Well I'm also not 100% sure on it. If I have dual pistols, maybe I wouldn't really need the scorpion wire anyways. I can just pewpew them down from a distance, eh?

I guess it depends on what kind of enemy I'm trying to kill.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hrm...

In going dual dagger and dual pistol, I might end up grabbing scorpion wire after all. O_o

Dual dagger has so many skills that cause you to "leap at your foe" that I don't think I'd need the extra mobility from shadowstepping, but scorpion wire could be used to pull enemies away from a group.
    im a fan of scorp wire mostly b/c i plan to roll d/d s/p so that will let me peel off soemone, pistolwhip for a stun then black powder when they get out

admittedly the combo was 10000% better with retreating shot
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    im a fan of scorp wire mostly b/c i plan to roll d/d s/p so that will let me peel off soemone, pistolwhip for a stun then black powder when they get out

admittedly the combo was 10000% better with retreating shot
    Without traits, Pistol Whip supposedly lasts for 1 second. Might just be the beta duration though. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without traits, Pistol Whip supposedly lasts for 1 second. Might just be the beta duration though. O_o
    the point is mostly to get some damage on them while mitigating myself, in addition to make sure they dont ranged someone

black powder helps with keeping them "off" your rescued pal i suppose, more than retreating did

can still trait it too if i want
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, it's not a bad combo, you'll probably just Pistol Whip straight into a black powder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, it's not a bad combo, you'll probably just Pistol Whip straight into a black powder.
    yea, initiative permitting

wiring isnt soemthign you can plan for 100% of the time
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    yea, initiative permitting
    Yeah, you would need max initiative to pull that off. :S

Would perhaps be better to use Scorpion Wire, then Pistol Whip, drop a Black Powder, make sure you hit him with at least one basic attack, then use Roll for Initiative, and maybe you'll have enough for a Head Shot (I guess Daze preventing an ability from being used could come in handy)? Depends on how fast your initiative is regenerating (there's utility and traits that improve it).
    If you have 2 initiative still at that point, you could then use Infiltrator's Strike. ^_^

So here is my idea for my build

http://www.gw2tools.com/calc/#t-t-pf...aa.eUg.aaa.aaa

I plan on going dagger/dagger and sword/dagger. My healing skill would be Hide in Shadows, my utility skills will be Assassins Signet, Infiltrator's Signet, and Spider Venom. Finally my elite skill would be Basilisk Venom.

This build I will be in stealth a majority of the time. Stealth will heal me, remove conditions, grant might, give me a 50% to crit, and make me restore initiative faster which will go nicely with Infiltrator's Signet.

Since both weapon sets have a dagger I will always have a 5% increase to damage. A condition on my target will also increase my damage, some of my conditions are poison from Spider Venom, Steal, and crits causing vulnerability. Stealing also has a 33% chance to recharge my venom skills.

With this build I have more precision above 90% health so going back into stealth for heals will be very important. My stealth skills are 'Hide in Shadows' and 'Cloak and Dagger'. Since Cloak and Dagger is my main stealth skill I need abilities to stay close to enemies at all times so I use steal, Infiltrator's Signet, and Infiltrator's Strike; All of these are shadowstep abilities but steal will apply poison and Infiltrator's Strike gives me an option to port back to where I was.

Some combo's would be to Apply poison while in stealth then use leaping death blossom. First of all I have might and increased crit chance for being in stealth, the venom will give me more might and then I will deal more damage for having conditions on my enemies. I could use assassin's signet before I attack someone and this could cause for a huge burst right when I get out of stealth.

So what do you guys think of the build?
    Last edited by worprz; 2012-02-29 at 06:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not choose to get points in going into stealth when you Steal, or perhaps to apply Fury, Might, and Swiftness on yourself when you Steal?

I figured if I was far enough and needed to stealth I could just shadowstep to them and then use cloak and dagger. That might be a problem if I don't have any initiative though. So actually it would probably be better to replace patience with hidden thief.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't think this has been posted here, but Curse put up a Thief PvP gameplay vid.

Haven't watched it yet, so not sure how good it is. Watching now.

10+ Year Old Account
    looking to trait something like this
    http://www.gw2tools.com/calc/#t-t-Nk...ba.Xga.aaa.aaa

with D/D; S/P withdraw for heal and scorp wire, either devourer's venom or spider's venom and blinding powder with thieves guild for elite

basically the traits and D/D are for strong damage, the venom is the real wildcard in the build, can pick based on what you need though spider might be best for raw damage (the exposed weakness trait). withdraw instead of hide in shadows for more movement when you roll with S/P and scorpwire and blinding powder are there for extra support and control, using pistolwhip and black powder to help. if you're afraid to be hit you can use infiltrator's strike to dodge in and out, esp combined with a whip or after a withdraw

thieves guild is there for 1) badassery and 2) pressure when you need to start pushing someone lower into tier 3 heartseeker range
    The Original Ganksta

Well I'm also not 100% sure on it. If I have dual pistols, maybe I wouldn't really need the scorpion wire anyways. I can just pewpew them down from a distance, eh?
    My guess is that dual pistol will probably end up doing a not super impressive amount of damage. I've seen videos of Unload hitting for a bunch of 800s and Leaping Death Blossom hit for a bunch of 2.5k+s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if it's been said/tested whether on the Deadly Arts trait "Venomous Strength" the wording of "applying" means on skill use or on application of the venom on the enemy? Working on a trait build, and this one has me stumped. If it's the former, then I doubt it'll be worth taking in my build, but if it's the latter, that could be amazing and help me cover something I think is lacking with my build. I'm think it's more likely that application means the initial use of the skill, but I'm not 100%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    Does anyone know if it's been said/tested whether on the Deadly Arts trait "Venomous Strength" the wording of "applying" means on skill use or on application of the venom on the enemy? Working on a trait build, and this one has me stumped. If it's the former, then I doubt it'll be worth taking in my build, but if it's the latter, that could be amazing and help me cover something I think is lacking with my build. I'm think it's more likely that application means the initial use of the skill, but I'm not 100%.
    i'd put money that its on use of the skill
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuk View Post
    Don't think this has been posted here, but Curse put up a Thief PvP gameplay vid.

Haven't watched it yet, so not sure how good it is. Watching now.
    It's pretty decent. Was waiting for a thief vid like this. Though he pretty much only used CnD -> Backstab and skill 1.

And that music when he was defeated lol (at 7:54).. Love it

15+ Year Old Account
    i'd put money that its on use of the skill
    It's kinda what I'm banking on too. If that is the case, here's my prelim build:

Weapons:
    1 - Dagger/Dagger
    2 - Sword/Dagger

Slot Skills:
    H - Hide in Shadows
    U - Roll For Initiative
    U - Infiltrator's Signet
    U - Skale Venom
    E - Thieves Guild

Build:
    http://www.gw2tools.com/calc/#t-t-fN...Ua.ZXa.aaa.Waa

"Strat"

( I haven't run the numbers to see if this intro would work, buuuuut, initiative permitting, may be fun. )

Intro: Skale Venom -> Dancing Dagger -> Leaping Death Blow -> Leaping Death Blow -> Steal
    Results should be Cripple/Bleed(x6?)/Poison/Vulnerable/Weaken the enemy, damage ( DD+LDB*2+Mug worth ), and stealth.
    The steal will return at least 2 Initiative, plus whatever Kleptomaniac gives me, grant me Might*2,Swiftness, and Fury.

After this I'm thinking:
    Backstab -> LDB/HS (depending on Init left after leaving stealth.) -> Roll for Intitiative

This is when I'd swap weapons (Putting me back at 10 Init) then:
    Infiltrator's Strike -> Flanking Strike -> Cloak and Dagger

Assuming the CD is short enough I'd swap back to Dagger/Dagger here and:
    Backstab -> Heartseeker -> Heartseeker -> Infiltrator's Signet -> Cloak and Dagger -> Backstab

Ofcourse, this is all very, very, very rough and probably not practical in the slightest ( At least in PvP. It might be doable in PvE. ) This would be a best case scenario, and seems to be at least fun, if not actually effective >.>

Notes: I've thought about swapping out SkV or RfI to get Scorpian Wire, but ultimately I don't think I could sacrafice them. Additionally, I haven't been able to find out how the animations for HS or LDB work, so I'm not sure if back to backing them is even viable.

I'd love some feedback on the build, if anyone cares enough to attempt to understand my reasonings here. So yeah... Q&C appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armond View Post
    My guess is that dual pistol will probably end up doing a not super impressive amount of damage. I've seen videos of Unload hitting for a bunch of 800s and Leaping Death Blossom hit for a bunch of 2.5k+s.
    Beta is beta, but we'll see. It's also possible that Unload gets in more hits than LDB, since LDB only does exactly three hits, and on multiple targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want more info as to what exactly we'll be stealing from each class.

---------- Post added 2012-02-29 at 08:07 PM ----------

Was thinking about going 30 in to deadly arts, 20 in to trickery, and 20 in to shadow arts. Want to be a thief who does a shit ton of damage and utilizes steal.