Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The cost is more than the CD, in the case of all those traited boosts. The cost is what you could've got if you had traited otherwise.

The more I look over the traits, the more I'm having a hard time avoiding the venoms, since so many traits in Deadly Arts (which is where we get more Power) are about the venoms.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-31 at 01:43 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The cost is more than the CD, in the case of all those traited boosts. The cost is what you could've got if you had traited otherwise.

The more I look over the traits, the more I'm having a hard time avoiding the venoms, since so many traits in Deadly Arts (which is where we get more Power) are about the venoms.
    i only liked DA for the power and the more damage on conditioned
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

DA and Trickery go hand in hand on side note any of fear we might have to stat up on armor or hp just to be able to walk around the melee mobs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    DA and Trickery go hand in hand on side note any of fear we might have to stat up on armor or hp just to be able to walk around the melee mobs?
    it wont be mandatory im sure but it will help

like, it will matter a LOT more than HP/armor ever has in wow
    The Original Ganksta

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this has been posted in this thread before but couldn't find it.

But there is a video of a Thief in perma stealth using Cloak and Dagger repeatedly and just killing people from stealth.

Seems like Cloak and Dagger is not working as intended but maybe it is i dunno, as there is no cooldown you can use it over and over again and stay in stealth.

Very similar to the build i was gonna run but didn't know there was no cooldown on Cloak and Dagger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR5l...eature=related
    Last edited by Xzio; 2012-04-01 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzio View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted in this thread before but couldn't find it.

But there is a video of a Thief in perma stealth using Cloak and Dagger repeatedly and just killing people from stealth.

Seems like Cloak and Dagger is not working as intended but maybe it is i dunno, as there is no cooldown you can use it over and over again and stay in stealth.

Very similar to the build i was gonna run but didn't know there was no cooldown on Cloak and Dagger.

I would post link but i don't have enough posts yet

Just put MrGlaystal in the youtube search to find it, it is 8:30 in length.
    CnD puts you in stealth for a few seconds, i would imagine its a "bug" (design error) with infusion of shadow, counting a CnD used from stealth as "going into stealth" so each CnD costs only 3 init, minus the init you gain over time

thief weapon skills have no cooldown, they all (save for the 1 skills) cost initiative, which is what limits their use over the course of a battle
    The Original Ganksta

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    CnD puts you in stealth for a few seconds, i would imagine its a "bug" (design error) with infusion of shadow, counting a CnD used from stealth as "going into stealth" so each CnD costs only 3 init, minus the init you gain over time

thief weapon skills have no cooldown, they all (save for the 1 skills) cost initiative, which is what limits their use over the course of a battle
    Yea i know that with infusion of shadow it only costs 3 but with 15 initiative with signets use, hastened
    replenishment and infiltrators signet you could stay invisible forever like that with Cloak and Shadow in its current form.

Seems like its not working as intended and you could just grief bad players who don't use aoe/dots to counter this till the cows come home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea i know that with infusion of shadow it only costs 3 but with 15 initiative with signets use, hastened
    replenishment and infiltrators signet you could stay invisible forever like that with Cloak and Shadow in its current form.

Seems like its not working as intended and you could just grief bad players who don't use aoe/dots to counter this till the cows come home.
    yea, i imagine they'll change IoS to only work when entering stealth from not stealth

and TBH i imagine infiltrator's sig getting a new functionality and the +5 init being nerfed to ~ +3
    The Original Ganksta

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea, i imagine they'll change IoS to only work when entering stealth from not stealth

and TBH i imagine infiltrator's sig getting a new functionality and the +5 init being nerfed to ~ +3
    Hope they dont nerf +5 init as the elite skills seem poor at the moment compared to most other classes i don't see the people in vids even using them.

If they improve the elite skills i guess +3 would more acceptable.

I really hope they not over nerf the class for launch as Bioware overnerfed the Assassin 3months before release. It literally killed the class for me and I didn't find it interesting anymore and it wasn't even OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't using CnD break stealth because of dealing damage + applying vulnerability anyways? :S
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#t;fNk...baa;bbcY;ZTfUY

Any good? Focusing on critical hits, stealing/stealth and initiative gaining. What do you guys think?
    Stealing now poisons, gives stealth and returns 5 initiative. Critical hits cause vulnerability, haste (with initial strike), 20% chance on +initiative, and extra damage. And some other useful traits like shadow refuge at 25% health.
    Last edited by mmoc3157d46ea6; 2012-04-01 at 12:07 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't using CnD break stealth because of dealing damage + applying vulnerability anyways? :S
    I think it should but it doesn't seem to in that video. It seems like the guy never exits stealth just stays in it permanently for like 30secs straight.

Maybe the destealth animation starts but by the time it ends the CnD stealth animation is already applied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Not sure how many of you played WOW but if you ever come across a lagy rogue with sprint up and they are blinking all over the place something like that would be cool
    kinda like fake super speed
    That reminds me of Omnislash from dota, that was my favorite in war3 dota.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should but it doesn't seem to in that video. It seems like the guy never exits stealth just stays in it permanently for like 30secs straight.

Maybe the destealth animation starts but by the time it ends the CnD stealth animation is already applied.
    On the other hand, maybe this is ANet's solution to those people who cry about not being able to perma-stealth.

It's not quite permanent, but it lasts a long time, and you can't afk in it.

^ I saw that perma-stealth vid a few days ago too. Still don't know what to think of it. I did notice though that when he was in stealth, he was only attacking with his 1 key, nothing else. Maybe this is what allowed him to stay in stealth? I didn't see him using any other attacks while being perma-stealthed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they dont nerf +5 init as the elite skills seem poor at the moment compared to most other classes i don't see the people in vids even using them.

If they improve the elite skills i guess +3 would more acceptable.

I really hope they not over nerf the class for launch as Bioware overnerfed the Assassin 3months before release. It literally killed the class for me and I didn't find it interesting anymore and it wasn't even OP.
    this isnt warcraft where you bargain for a buff from one part of your class since another part sucks

and if you can only compete by playing the FotM OP class then this game is not for you and i suggest you go find another forum
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-04-01 at 07:28 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, the elite skills aren't poor at all. Baslisk Venom may not seem very "elite" in that it's not flashy, but it certainly is powerful. (consider this: one of your traits causes venoms to apply to the weapons of nearby allies as well)

The other two we haven't seen very much of, for some reason. The one place I saw Dagger Storm made my jaw drop. It's an incredibly huge AoE effect.
    Thieves Guild we haven't seen at all, so we have no idea what kind of damage it does, or what kind of secondary non-damaging effects your thief minions will do.

Has anyone seen any footage where a thief uses a scorpion wire to pull opponents defending from the battlements? I'm curious if it is doable or it will fail like with deathgrip in wow.
    Also, check out the aprils fool going on at the wiki =)

So, Actions don't break you out of Stealth, only Damage?
    I don't like that at all. If you make a mistake (In this case, missing an Initiative-free Opener from Stealth), you should be penalized for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    ^ I saw that perma-stealth vid a few days ago too. Still don't know what to think of it. I did notice though that when he was in stealth, he was only attacking with his 1 key, nothing else. Maybe this is what allowed him to stay in stealth? I didn't see him using any other attacks while being perma-stealthed.
    It was Cloak & Dagger - Backstab doesn't Stealth you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, the elite skills aren't poor at all. Baslisk Venom may not seem very "elite" in that it's not flashy, but it certainly is powerful. (consider this: one of your traits causes venoms to apply to the weapons of nearby allies as well)

The other two we haven't seen very much of, for some reason. The one place I saw Dagger Storm made my jaw drop. It's an incredibly huge AoE effect.
    Thieves Guild we haven't seen at all, so we have no idea what kind of damage it does, or what kind of secondary non-damaging effects your thief minions will do.
    arenanet should give me beta acess, i'd showcase theives guild every single time it came off recharge
    The Original Ganksta