Page 29 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    Quite a concern I have regarding the build I made, will poisons stack with each other?
    probably not on at the same time but the effects will follow the same stacking rules for conditions
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-04-05 at 09:17 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i keep thinking it'd be cooler to stealth you while reviving, applying it after the revive seems a bit redundant with the 1s invinc and everything

yea its still useful but... iunno
    I was not aware of that 1 second invulnerability...

So yeah, that does seem a bit redundant otherwise.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Interesting, might have to commit to poison then :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, might have to commit to poison then :3
    im sticking with spider poison so i can put it up before they heal, maybe icedrake poison for a few things
    ill use venoms but im not going to like trait for them and stuff
    most of my buiilds take 10-15 in DA for the power and the minors, i might pick up quick venoms at times but sundering strikes and combined training usually look more appealing
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-04-05 at 10:25 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    So I wasn't paying much attention to it earlier, but now that I actually took the time to think about it, so long as you are willing to hit Cloak and Dagger every 3 seconds, you can remain in stealth indefinitely, (except for, potentially, the attack itself breaking stealth. and the earlier conversation suggested it doesn't)

All you need is 15 points in Shadow Arts so you can get Meld With Shadows and Infusion of Shadow. Since you gain 1 initiative per second, IoS, combined with 3 seconds of stealth, means you're back to full initiative 1 second before stealth would wear off.
    So long as you remain at your computer (or at least set a gaming-keyboard macro to automatically push 5 every 3 seconds), you can be in stealth indefinitely.

Also, I noticed something that suddenly makes Quick Pockets almost worthless:
    Each weapon set has its own initiative, so switching from one weapon set to another will fully recharge the initiative bar. However, the thief's idle weapon set will not recharge initiative until it is equipped.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    every 3 seconds), you can be in stealth indefinitely.

that... makes me infinitely more happy
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    that... makes me infinitely more happy
    Well, everybody else will cry foul. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, everybody else will cry foul. :3
    the catch is switching back to you other set and forgetting you are low init (like my d/d;s/p build)

its awesome for who pistol whip withdraw headshot but if i dont regen after i cant do it again
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    the catch is switching back to you other set and forgetting you are low init (like my d/d;s/p build)

its awesome for who pistol whip withdraw headshot but if i dont regen after i cant do it again
    Oh, I thought you were referring to the stealth part.

But yes, that is especially awesome and makes things quite useful.

Perhaps Quick Pockets causes 2 initiative to regen on the weapon you're swapping from, not to?

Also, one thing I am consistently wondering about weapon sets...

If you swap from, say, Sword/Pistol to Pistol/Pistol, will the off-hand attacks still be on cooldown?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-06 at 04:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I thought you were referring to the stealth part.

But yes, that is especially awesome and makes things quite useful.

Perhaps Quick Pockets causes 2 initiative to regen on the weapon you're swapping from, not to?

Also, one thing I am consistently wondering about weapon sets...

If you swap from, say, Sword/Pistol to Pistol/Pistol, will the off-hand attacks still be on cooldown?
    for a thief no =p

i wouldnt be surprised at all if they were for other classes

perhaps pockets restores init on both weapon sets
    The Original Ganksta

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I wasn't paying much attention to it earlier, but now that I actually took the time to think about it, so long as you are willing to hit Cloak and Dagger every 3 seconds, you can remain in stealth indefinitely, (except for, potentially, the attack itself breaking stealth. and the earlier conversation suggested it doesn't)

All you need is 15 points in Shadow Arts so you can get Meld With Shadows and Infusion of Shadow. Since you gain 1 initiative per second, IoS, combined with 3 seconds of stealth, means you're back to full initiative 1 second before stealth would wear off.
    So long as you remain at your computer (or at least set a gaming-keyboard macro to automatically push 5 every 3 seconds), you can be in stealth indefinitely.

Indeed the video i posted earlier shows the guy remaining in stealth permanently by just using Cloak and Dagger

Do you think they will change that or is it working as intended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzio View Post
    Indeed the video i posted earlier shows the guy remaining in stealth permanently by just using Cloak and Dagger

Do you think they will change that or is it working as intended?
    I don't think it's a bad thing, simply because it requires active management, and good timing, as well as no lag. You can't just afk behind an enemy waiting for the perfect moment, especially, else CnD will hit him.

---------- Post added 2012-04-06 at 01:57 PM ----------

for a thief no =p

i wouldnt be surprised at all if they were for other classes

perhaps pockets restores init on both weapon sets
    Oh right, I forgot that thieves don't have weapon CDs. :P

Though the fact that each weapon set has it's own initiative now makes me believe that other classes will get separate CDs.

Deleted
    Though the fact that each weapon set has it's own initiative now makes me believe that other classes will get separate CDs.
    Yes, that's how it works.

It's a bug, I'm pretty sure you have to hit with the dagger attack for the stealth effect of cloak and dagger to activate.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bug, I'm pretty sure you have to hit with the dagger attack for the stealth effect of cloak and dagger to activate.
    Pretty sure that part is intended.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that part is intended.
    It does seem to me to be purposely setup to give infinite stealth

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#t;NkN...aaa;bbZa;ZTfZb Here's my pvp thief build. It focuses on dealing large amounts of damage with daggers.

---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 08:29 PM ----------

Honestly I'm not sure how useful preparedness is depending on how fast I'll be regenerating initiative.

Deleted
    This is great..

Wow so is he attacking and staying stealthed in the beginning cause i thought once you open up you unstealth? The necro's allies were either oblivious or couldn't see him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moleman262 View Post
    Wow so is he attacking and staying stealthed in the beginning cause i thought once you open up you unstealth? The necro's allies were either oblivious or couldn't see him.
    CnD for restealths. It does nice damage, applies vulnerability and stealths the user for a small amount of time. I think it costs 5 initiative but with the right traits it can be done long enough to do some serious damage it seems, especially when also backstabbing. I think it's a really cool strategy for a thief, but I can't see it making to release tbh.