Page 48 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did someone else notice that if you're already in stealth and use an ability that puts you in stealth, then stealth is completely cancelled?
    Example: I stealth using C&D, I then use the healing skill (can't remember the name, the one with cast time that puts you in stealth) while stealthed, heal goes off but I become visible. Same thing if I do it in the opposite order, i.e stealth through healing first, then C&D = stealth is dropped.
    It felt like it didn't happen all the time so bug, lag or intended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Did someone else notice that if you're already in stealth and use an ability that puts you in stealth, then stealth is completely cancelled?
    Example: I stealth using C&D, I then use the healing skill (can't remember the name, the one with cast time that puts you in stealth) while stealthed, heal goes off but I become visible. Same thing if I do it in the opposite order, i.e stealth through healing first, then C&D = stealth is dropped.
    It's probably working as intended after people bitched to the heavens about that 1 C&D video lol, i personally saw no issues with perma stealth (this is coming from a ranger whose not interested in actually -playing- the thief) but i can see why they'd remove it...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    After leaving stealth,which caused by every ability, you've now a short (i think 3-5 sec) cooldown until you can enter stealth again. Just watch the debuff icon which appears on top of the health globe.

I know there not the same class or even close but I really enjoyed playing my Guardian and Thief and with my enjoying them both so much its why its a hard choice I will most likely end up going Guardian in the end because I like to be in the front lines taking alot of damage and throwing out buffs. But man I really did enjoy going dagger dagger with shortbow. Still have Warrior Ele Necro and Ranger to try but the Thief was a amazing class to play =D The heal that stealth's you is great when I did some WvW to be able to get some better positioning and starting Firing again with the Bow =D

Quote Originally Posted by rbgreen View Post
    After leaving stealth,which caused by every ability, you've now a short (i think 3-5 sec) cooldown until you can enter stealth again. Just watch the debuff icon which appears on top of the health globe.
    Yea i hate that. I didnt know about it at first when i was PvEing and kept dieing wondering why i was stealthing. But now that im used to it i can spread my stealths around and keep them handy for a quick get away.

I really don't remember if this was posted earlier but...

They seem to of changed the steal mechanic a bit from the previous betas.

Steal goes on CD as soon as you use it. (Just doesn't show it until you use the item)
    Doesn't change your skill bar. (Just changes the steal skill)

Honestly I think this cleans up the sloppiness of the class ability. The only thing I don't like about it is the default 45 second CD, would like a 30 second CD and maybe 20 with the trait.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    im not saying thieves are "bad" at support, im saying the vast amount of morons that will end up playing this game will THINK they are
    Who cares, bads are bads. Thief support is perfectly fine, they have a ton of conditions and poisons for a reason.

Pardon my ignorance, I didn't play thief as much as I would have liked - What exactly does Steal do? I know it stealths, and shadowsteps - but does it actually...steal?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, I didn't play thief as much as I would have liked - What exactly does Steal do? I know it stealths, and shadowsteps - but does it actually...steal?
    Gives you a random (from a small pool) ability depending on the mob you steal from. Like if you steal from a Moa it gives you a tuft of feathers that blinds enemies and stealths you. Will also note steal doesn't stealth you by default, need a trait for that.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Gives you a random (from a small pool) ability depending on the mob you steal from. Like if you steal from a Moa it gives you a tuft of feathers that blinds enemies and stealths you. Will also note steal doesn't stealth you by default, need a trait for that.
    it also has a built-in 900 range shadowstep though.

also, for anyone interested: it seems that ice drake venom (6 seconds chill, 3 attacks) does indeed NOT stack it's duration up to 18 seconds (*coughs* *nudges Drake* *coughs*), each stack gets overwritten when a new one is applied. it's still very useful though, especially with trick shot or dancing dagger.
    didn't have any other venoms to test though.

shadowstepping does not work when there is no normal path from all i could see, just like in wow. what does work however is roll for initiative, which propels you backwards with high speed and covers the distance of about two or three dodge rolls. managed to do some jumps with it that would otherwise have been impossible.

(sorry if you already talked about these two things, didn't keep up with this thred for the last few pages)
    Last edited by Sy; 2012-04-30 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question below =| Yes or No work =)

Did it take anyone else a long time to kill the centaur boss at the level 11 mission for Human Thieves?
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    Did it take anyone else a long time to kill the centaur boss at the level 11 mission for Human Thieves?
    not really much reason to put this in spoiler tags. and if you do, it's meaningless unless you state what the spoiler is related too.....

to answer your question: there are no "thief missons", the personal story is dependend on the choices you make, not on your class. i did fight him on my necromancer though, and even though he wasn't hard in any way because of his laughable damage, it did took me quite a while to get him down.

Hey fellow Thieves. I just had a quick question after the beta weekend

Did anyone feel a little annoying of double casting?

If you aren't sure what im talking about, when you are using an ability and click it twice it will cast twice. Now I know it will take us to get used to it but I am used to abilities having cool downs. When spam heartseeker for instance. I click it and nothing happens IMMEDIATELY so I click it again. Then about 1 second later my guy will perform 2 heartseekers.

The reason I think this is an issue is because there is a ability que. I really wish they would get rid of the ability que.

I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Sometimes you're still in combat even though you shouldn't be. I think they need to tweak that a bit. If you can see the little arrow above your utility skills, then you're out of combat.

(they also need better indication of being OOC)
    As far as I understood it this is the indicator of in/out of combat:

Out of combat:

In combat:

I think it's a fairly obvious visual tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the gods, don't ever go to the official Thief forum. Most of the posters there are primarily crying about the lack of permanent stealth, and about how weak Steal supposedly is and about how initiative "sucks". Killing me smalls...

So much QQing...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Sometimes you're still in combat even though you shouldn't be. I think they need to tweak that a bit.
    agreed. i'm guessing it's a bug and it's actually something that mmos in general seem to struggle with.
    from what i saw, stealthing for more than a few seconds and/or running away to reset an npc will not put you out of combat, even once the npc is back at full health and at it's place again. if you then fight an kill another npc (or the same one again) it will work proberly.

Quote Originally Posted by Valek View Post
    Did anyone feel a little annoying of double casting?
    yes. i generally like having an ability queue of somewhere below the GCD, but it shouldn't queue the same ability up to several GCDs just for spamming it in the heat of combat.

keep in mind though, this issue was to no small part due to the high latency in the beta. on release and with stable servers, it won't happen that you press an ability and "nothing happens immediately". when the beta server wasn't lagging for once, gw2 felt very responsive, even though i played on na servers (sitting in mid europe) and optimization is still in progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only complaint about double-casting is when I would dodge twice by mistake, or when I would use LPD twice by mistake. Or when I would Heartseeker a second time even though the original target was dead. None of this was due to lag, it's because they seem to have skill queuing in the game and, unlike in WoW, they do not have a checkbox option to prevent you from accidentally double-casting when a key is pressed quickly in a short window.

I wish I could push ESC to cancel an attack.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if preparedness is worth getting now that they've nerfed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I wonder if preparedness is worth getting now that they've nerfed it.
    Oh? What did they do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Oh? What did they do?
    +3 instead of +5.