Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    +3 instead of +5.
    BLASPHEM-

*cough* No, I mean, well, it's not that big a deal. Well, it wont be for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    +3 instead of +5.
    take a closer look, guys.
    thieves now have 12 initiative instead of 10. they didn't "nerf" the trait, they BUFFED all thieves

i think it will be worth using for several builds that rely on high initiative and/or have a lot of regen and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    take a closer look, guys.
    thieves now have 12 initiative instead of 10. they didn't "nerf" the trait, they BUFFED all thieves
    I didn't notice this when playing the game. Was this after the beta?

I've seen people making this claim, but I've also seen people say they've adjusted skill costs (such as saying that CnD and Unload now each cost 6)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I didn't notice this when playing the game. Was this after the beta?

I've seen people making this claim, but I've also seen people say they've adjusted skill costs (such as saying that CnD and Unload now each cost 6)
    No, it isnt! I had 12 initiative in the beta! Just seen on one of my screenshots. Oh my, that's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldritchsense View Post
    I tried the thief for some beta footage I got and I was surprised how much I liked it. Moving in and out of combat and kiting enemies, it was pretty refreshing compared to how other games handle thieves/rogues. I'm not sure if I like most of their weapon options though...there's always a skill or two that I just don't really like, but it's probably that I just haven't gotten used to it.

I'm having a hard time justifying any other weapon besides dual pistol though, with bow as my weapon swap for aoe. Just solid damage, nice control, and an on-demand target-able blink/stealth. Am I just missing something about the other weapon combos?
    I loved the Dual Pistol/Shortbow combo as well I need to practice a bit with the bow to get more proficient in using it but it gives you a very well rounded skillset with these two weapons. Condition damage bleed stacking double dagger builds offered tons of damage but I preferred the pistols.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    No, it isnt! I had 12 initiative in the beta! Just seen on one of my screenshots. Oh my, that's fantastic!
    Huh. Well, I'd never noticed it, but that's bad-ass.

To quote Sheldon Cooper from one of the bowling episodes: PRAISE JESUS.... as my mother would say.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Huh. Well, I'd never noticed it, but that's bad-ass.

To quote Sheldon Cooper from one of the bowling episodes: PRAISE JESUS.... as my mother would say.
    So, you're saying something that Sheldon's saying his mum says? Bangception.

On a more on-topic note, count the diamonds!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've also seen people say they've adjusted skill costs (such as saying that CnD and Unload now each cost 6)
    i think cnd is 6, yeah. but i think that was mainly intended to nerf "perma stealth" and similar things. generally skill costs seemed to be the same.

^_^

btw Emily (or however you want to be called^^) your avatar looks rather blurry. if you send me the original picture, i will make you a better one!

Deleted

btw Emily (or however you want to be called^^) your avatar looks rather blurry. if you send me the original picture, i will make you a better one!
    My main problem is that the actual image is... well, huge. I wanted the whole shot of her, but I couldnt get it without squishing =( I suck at stuff like that. (My thumb is, apparently, brilliant at taking fantastic screenshots when I'm not looking.)

This is the original image:

(Which is all over this site by now >.>)

Yup, I can confirm all thieves have 12 initiative now, and CnD costs 6 which makes it hurt so much when it misses >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    My main problem is that the actual image is... well, huge. I wanted the whole shot of her, but I couldnt get it without squishing =(
    it's pretty much impossible to get a good looking face and most of a persons body on a 100x100 pic =/
    i usually just focus on the face.
    (My thumb is, apparently, brilliant at taking fantastic screenshots when I'm not looking.)
    very nice indeed!
    *applauds Emily's thumb*

so, here are two new ones:

didn't know if you would like the brighter version, so i just posted both.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    Yup, I can confirm all thieves have 12 initiative now, and CnD costs 6 which makes it hurt so much when it misses >.>
    it does indeed, i learned that the hard way -.-^^

Deleted
    it's pretty much impossible to get a good looking face and most of a persons body on a 100x100 pic =/
    i usually just focus on the face.

very nice indeed!
    *applauds Emily's thumb*

so, here are two new ones:

didn't know if you would like the brighter version, so i just posted both.
    Oh wow, those are brilliant. Thank you so much ^_^

I ended up taking 245 screenshots in total, but about a hundred of them have graphical errors, which is sad. The thing is, on the high-res ones, the dimensions are 5200x3000. They seem to get shrunken a little when I put them on photobucket, so at least they dont massively stretch the forums =3

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, those are brilliant. Thank you so much ^_^
    you're welcome =)
    I ended up taking 245 screenshots in total

but about a hundred of them have graphical errors, which is sad.

The thing is, on the high-res ones, the dimensions are 5200x3000. They seem to get shrunken a little when I put them on photobucket, so at least they dont massively stretch the forums =3

They seem to get shrunken a little when I put them on photobucket
    imgur.com
    Very much off topic, but it won't shrink them as much so there you go. :P

Thieves were annoying in PvP.
    Not because they beat me, but because I couldn't beat THEM.
    It's extremely frustrating to get someone to 5% HP just to have them stealth and ditch, and it happens A LOT in GW2 combat due to their combat stealth not seeming to have nearly as long as a CD as WoW's vanish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    It's extremely frustrating to get someone to 5% HP just to have them stealth and ditch, and it happens A LOT in GW2 combat due to their combat stealth not seeming to have nearly as long as a CD as WoW's vanish.
    there is no difference between in-combat and out-of-combat for stealth in gw2. all stealth abilities work in either situation. they all only last for 3-5sec though, with traits.

imgur.com
    Very much off topic, but it won't shrink them as much so there you go. :P

That was my favorite part about PvPing on a Thief . I felt like you could escape from some crazy situations, the best advice I could give for finishing them off is saving your cc and stuns for when they hit low health and even if you cant see them go ahead and use aoes. Conditions are also really good for finishing them off as bleeds hit hard and last quite awhile, I always had to remember to leave the fight earlier than I wanted vs necros because of all the conditions.

there is no difference between in-combat and out-of-combat for stealth in gw2. all stealth abilities work in either situation. they all only last for 3-5sec though, with traits.
    I'm aware of the mechanics of the thief, my point was that due to these mechanics thieves were unbelievably annoying to kill in PvP.
    Especially when you consider that if you killed one you usually ended up having to finish him twice, due to their whole 'lol I don't like being finished' mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware of the mechanics of the thief, my point was that due to these mechanics thieves were unbelievably annoying to kill in PvP.
    Especially when you consider that if you killed one you usually ended up having to finish him twice, due to their whole 'lol I don't like being finished' mechanic.
    u just jelly :x

u just jelly :x
    Not really.
    It was just frustrating, as I could BEAT them consistently but rarely KILL them.
    Which is just frustrating to play against.

Deleted
    I admit, Ididnt do very much PvP, just a couple of games. Maybe my setup was bad, or I was playing badly, but I didnt do fantastically. Only really had one one-on-one with a necro, and got my ass kicked.