Page 61 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedragonwolf View Post
    And here I've always been thinking of the trait in terms of Sword/dagger + Shortbow or Sword/pistol + Shortbow. I might be willing to agree with you Sy if you are going for a good burst build. You can get rid of 12 Init, although we should be saying 15 if we're talking these 2 traits in particular, really, quite fast. However, I myself played a lot of sword/dagger over the BWE in PvP. Bountiful with this setup felt stronger to me in a 1v1, 1v2 situation, with a strong movement/shadowstepping type build.
    i didn't do any pvp in last bwe, as my current pc is just too crappy for that, so i can only talk about questing/world bosses and theoretical pvp.

and i agree, i was actually planning to go with a sword+dagger & shortbow shadowdancer ("shadowdancer" sounds just so much cooler than "with stealth and mobility and stuff" xD) build for pvp, but sword got nerfed (the current builds still don't reflect those changes) and i was surprised how much i liked dagger.
    i guess i'll still go with sword+dagger for pvp though, that would ofc take away from the burst szenario. although Flanking Strike should hopefully do quite a bit of damage too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i didn't do any pvp in last bwe, as my current pc is just too crappy for that, so i can only talk about questing/world bosses and theoretical pvp.

and i agree, i was actually planning to go with a sword+dagger & shortbow shadowdancer ("shadowdancer" sounds just so much cooler than "with stealth and mobility and stuff" xD) build for pvp, but sword got nerfed (the current builds still don't reflect those changes) and i was surprised how much i liked dagger.
    i guess i'll still go with sword+dagger for pvp though, that would ofc take away from the burst szenario. although Flanking Strike should hopefully do quite a bit of damage too.
    Hmm, yeah, Shadowdancer does have a nice ring to it. I enjoyed the Sword/dagger build, but then, it plays to my style of play more than daggers. Although I tried a little bit of double dagger. The big thing with Flanking was it seemed to have a bit of an activation time to me, although this could have been due to lag, I dunno, again, going to have to wait for live to finalize of course.

I'm actually having a harder time doing any theory with PvP. I have to try and figure out what it is I want to do before doing theory. It's easier when we're discussing 2 similar traits such as this because I can scenario them out, but I don't feel I have enough free time to go through the numerous number of builds available, LOL. I have to focus on specific weapons. Although, it seemed to be easier when I was actually playing the game, and I suspect it will be much the same come live.

I'm still not sure what my final class will be either though. I'm trying to try out 2 classes per BWE, for however many BWE we get. I tried Ele and thief this time around to at least lvl 15 to try and get a more solid feel on how the class plays. I'm still leaning thief for my main come live, but I want to try out Mesmer and engineer still as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really like the flanking-dmg-sword-thingy too, and i think it could be really awesome especially in pvp. with so much stealth, different shadowsteps, different evades and the like, you could really confuse a non-ai controlled enemy
    just at the moment i feel that dagger is doing a lot more damage, and that 2-slot of sword is too weak (it only had 600 range in the last bwe). but i'll definitely test both on live ofc, when the numbers are (sorta) final!

and i do ofc chose mainly on playstyle preference too. comparing numbers is only worth it for a few details, like with the example of BT and TotC. besides, a lot of that stuff doesn't even tell us accurate numbers yet, which i really, really hope will change. i hate it when tooltips are missing information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i really like the flanking-dmg-sword-thingy too, and i think it could be really awesome especially in pvp. with so much stealth, different shadowsteps, different evades and the like, you could really confuse a non-ai controlled enemy
    One of the reasons I have Sword/Dagger in all my stealth-centric builds. I can just imagine using Flanking Strike followed by Cloak and Dagger, and then seeing the utter confusion in their character movement before I open up with the Sword's stealth skill that dazes and blinds.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    One of the reasons I have Sword/Dagger in all my stealth-centric builds. I can just imagine using Flanking Strike followed by Cloak and Dagger, and then seeing the utter confusion in their character movement before I open up with the Sword's stealth skill that dazes and blinds.
    aye

or you come out of stealth and hit them from behind, they turn around, you evade around them, they turn to you again, you dodge the other way, wait for them to face you then Infiltrator's Strike right back in and instantly evading around again, etc... you could go on like that for pretty much ever with a build like this or something similar ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anybody seen exactly how much initiative you get back from the trait Signet Use? I'm expecting 2 initiative, but I can't help but cross my fingers that it's even stronger than that.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anybody seen exactly how much initiative you get back from the trait Signet Use? I'm expecting 2 initiative, but I can't help but cross my fingers that it's even stronger than that.
    remind me to play with it tomorrow
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

DrakeWurrum.

I spent AGES looking for an answer to that question, and never got anything conclusive, because the goddamn tooltips are so unspecific and nobody seemed to remember. Eventually I think i found the answer was 3. I found three peices of information with a direct answer, one said it was definately 2, one said it was definately 3, and the third said ''i think it's 3'', so i'm going with three.

Either way, it's still an amazingly powerful trait, ESPECIALLY with 3, for use with say, Signet of Malice, Infiltator Signet, and Assassin's Signet, all of which i have in my build...

And since you asked Glytch, play with it tomorrow.

Edit : The build i made on a skill calculator is even mostly based around using Signets for utility, burst, and initiative. http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#t;aNf...bca;bbZa;YfVhb
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    And since you asked Glytch, play with it tomorrow.
    i meant in game
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    DrakeWurrum.

I spent AGES looking for an answer to that question, and never got anything conclusive, because the goddamn tooltips are so unspecific and nobody seemed to remember. Eventually I think i found the answer was 3. I found three peices of information with a direct answer, one said it was definately 2, one said it was definately 3, and the third said ''i think it's 3'', so i'm going with three.

Either way, it's still an amazingly powerful trait, ESPECIALLY with 3, for use with say, Signet of Malice, Infiltator Signet, and Assassin's Signet, all of which i have in my build...
    Entirely possible that it's 2, and that people were counting the natural 1-tick-per-second regeneration as a third point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Entirely possible that it's 2, and that people were counting the natural 1-tick-per-second regeneration as a third point.
    procedure: bottom out, wait for tick, signet
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    So it looks like the third skill for the Dagger #1 only applies Weakness now, every time.

Deleted
    Thrill of the crime is 10 seconds. So it's just straight up better than Bountiful theft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    Thrill of the crime is 10 seconds. So it's just straight up better than Bountiful theft.
    Well that's dumb. O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    signet use (with malice) gave me 1 init, will check in a bit

EDIT: might be NYI
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently Expeditious Dodger applies to dodges, not evades. Interesting, but still a good minor trait.

Also: It seems that Combined Tactics returns 2 init for both LPD and Unload. Not bad.

Deleted
    Btw, the cooldown of Steal definitely ticks down in the background when you're holding a stolen item, so there is no drawback in holding onto a good item until you need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    Btw, the cooldown of Steal definitely ticks down in the background when you're holding a stolen item, so there is no drawback in holding onto a good item until you need it.
    was in last BWE, i keep assuming its a bug since its 100% the opposite of what they told us inthe blogpost
    The Original Ganksta

Still keep in mind that this is the same build from the last BWE. Things may change with the next BWE.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    was in last BWE, i keep assuming its a bug since its 100% the opposite of what they told us inthe blogpost
    Hope not, that fact was what made the CD on it bearable.

Oh and finally got to play with sword/dagger and sword/pistol and sadly I'm liking it more than the engineer now

Great damage and no problems with survivability.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky