Page 75 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, they added a stupid health to damage modifier for leaping death blossom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Ugh, they added a stupid health to damage modifier for leaping death blossom?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death_Blossom

Uuuuh, no?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, gw2tools must be bugged then.

Deleted
    I'm currently super excited about thief profession. I was trying to build something by my own, but my lack of playtime makes me unsure what is working and what is not. Then I found this and I think this could be working nicely on PvE. What do you think?

Support/Condition thief
    Your goal is to keep your foes weakened.
    - With Shortbow for multiple foes: -> AOE poison = AOE weakness -> AOE bleed spam
    - With Dagger/Pistol for single: -> Your chain apply weakness -> Black powder to blind your foe and keep you alive -> Combo smoke field + leap to stealth then Backstab

I'm not sure about sigils (under the weapons on build), are they functional on PVE? Things die pretty quickly.
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-06-21 at 07:02 AM.

Im really liking Dual Pistol Kite Based Thief.
    Shoot whoever let 3.0 go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    I'm not sure about sigils (under the weapons on build), are they functional on PVE? Things die pretty quickly.
    sigils are functional but there might be a different set of sigils for pve than there are in pvp. we havent exactly seen lvl 80 pve gear to be able to judge on that

if anything the + weakness duration sigils you would enjoy
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Next Beta someone make a video of Fire Field with Blast combo with the shortbow clusterbomb ability to demonstrate if it does or does not grant 9 stacks of might.

Deleted
    Great thread! A lot of useful info here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenofas View Post
    Great thread! A lot of useful info here.
    thanks

while you're reading it if a discussion (that isnt out of date) or post is extraordinarily useful pm me which one it is
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Glytch has me slaving away updating all the thief stuff on the wiki.

Really love how involved the thief is in this game. Only level 16 but man is it a fun prof. Part of it definately has to do with how involved and mobile melee is in this game and dual pistols is a blast too.

Quick question... I was looking at recorded footage of my thief during the stress test and noticed I don't get a "Critical" pop up when I crit. Was it replaced with the small red background on the damage that you do when it pops on your screen? Wish this stress test was longer but oh wells! Hopefully some news soon on when release date will be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jayeffkay View Post
    Really love how involved the thief is in this game. Only level 16 but man is it a fun prof. Part of it definately has to do with how involved and mobile melee is in this game and dual pistols is a blast too.
    Same, totally fell in love with thief profession this stress test (I tried thief on BWE1 but I didn't know half of the things... like initiative system) ._.

I also like how thief can be supportive on groups. I'm not sure should we have more of these, since I'm lacking the higher level playing. Should we have more support?

In GW1 asassins had mostly solo skills like "you run faster", "you regenerate +12" etc. Which made them amazing for farming, but no so great to have in your group. I see that we have healing skill with a AoE range that heals and stealths everyone in the circle, a skill that blinds your foes and stealths your team mates, we can summon 3 thieves to help you and have a lot of traps and poison.

I personally used poison to mobs when I was on group events and then wapped to dagger&pistol and moved myself to melee range with Shadow Shot. Was nice to see how Combo Field:Poison was working.

Quote Originally Posted by warx23 View Post
    Quick question... I was looking at recorded footage of my thief during the stress test and noticed I don't get a "Critical" pop up when I crit. Was it replaced with the small red background on the damage that you do when it pops on your screen? Wish this stress test was longer but oh wells! Hopefully some news soon on when release date will be.
    Yea they changed the crit notifier in game to the bloodsplatter.

As for playing my thief on the stress test I finally decided to play mine after my warrior d/c'd in a battleground and get the "can't launch mission" error. But of course the second I got on my thief the test ended
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted
    I wanted to test the ranged weapons, pistols-pistols and shortbow. I manage to get one bow and played with it for an hour or so, but when I tried to buy a couple of pistols at the auction it gave me some strange network-error and I could not buy anything at all. I hope this error was linked to the stress-event and not to my internet connection. Shortbow seems great for soloing, but I guess that in PvP it would not be the same.
    Anyway, even if I played just for around 1 hour, I got even more in love with the Thief!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    I also like how thief can be supportive on groups. I'm not sure should we have more of these, since I'm lacking the higher level playing. Should we have more support?
    I feel that, in general, Thieves are painfully lacking in support, even relative to Warriors and Rangers. They at least have short-CD shouts, banners, spirits they can summon, and at least the warhorn.

All of our support comes from traits and utility skills, of which there just aren't very many... again, relative even to warriors and rangers.

It's disheartening, frankly.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I wanted to test the ranged weapons, pistols-pistols and shortbow. I manage to get one bow and played with it for an hour or so, but when I tried to buy a couple of pistols at the auction it gave me some strange network-error and I could not buy anything at all.
    I got some white weapons via gold from weapon vendor when I visited Divinity's Reach at lvl3 (for personal story) just so that I can start training all skills.

Bow was indeed nice for kiting & poisoning. but it had habit to pull extra mobs, so I usually went to dagger&pistol. I think I should have tested also sword&pistol on caves etc places where mobs were close together. The shadow stepping skill on sword could have been nice, if staring position was safe.

DrakeWurrumm, any idea why it is so? Do we already have enough things to watch out (initiative/ leather armored class on melee range, etc).
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-06-28 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I can think for not having much support is simply the basic concept and theme of the Thief profession.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 11:45 AM ----------

I manage to get one bow and played with it for an hour or so, but when I tried to buy a couple of pistols at the auction it gave me some strange network-error and I could not buy anything at all.
    There are vendors in the main racial cities that sell white beginner weapons. You just have to find a weaponsmith on the map.

Deleted
    Just started listening these, they are talking about thief skills and how to change them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Leaked 2 hour voicechat conversation with Jon Peters and beta testers (a lot of Thief stuff).

Part 1 Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Jon peters is the loudest one right? (The one talking about changing cluster bomb's fire rate.)
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)