Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thief PvP discussion on Buildcast tonight, just started.

On Gamebreaker, http://www.gamebreaker.tv/live/

over now. Should see the actual video up on their page sometime tomorrow. All about a venom build.
    Last edited by Bluedragonwolf; 2012-08-16 at 04:41 AM.

Apparently I was not the only one to notice these subtle "nerfs" they did to thief in this stress test. People from GW2guru are also reporting lower backstab damage/crits, Hidden Killer not working, overall quite a few nerfs to damage and god knows what else.

The difference from the last stress test for me was more than obvious since I used the same build with same attacks and I had a much harder time killing and surviving.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Using Basilisk Venom and then hitting into the air will consume it:P

10+ Year Old Account
    GOOD NEEEEEEEEEEEEWS EVERYONE

on the OP there is now a chart of ranges converted to feet yards and meters for the spatially challenged among us

enjoy
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally feel that none of it will really help. Like, at all. As far as I'm concerned, range 1200 is range 1200, regardless of the unit it's associated with. I have to get a feel in the game world for just how far that actually is.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-17 at 01:19 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    so looks like 1434 is the max con damage for pvp gear

burning does 1754 per second, poison 223.4 per second, bleeding 75.85 per stack per sec, and confusion 151.7 per stack per skill use
    The Original Ganksta

Those bleeding and burning numbers seem a bit off (bleeding low, burning high) what did you use to calculate them?
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Those bleeding and burning numbers seem a bit off (bleeding low, burning high) what did you use to calculate them?
    the forumlae on the OP

that said since people hate to use parenthesis its mostly guesswork on the order of operations

worth noting: it did feel like all those numbers were off too
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-08-17 at 03:17 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    that said since people hate to use parenthesis its mostly guesswork on the order of operations
    PEMDAS is your best friend.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    PEMDAS is your best friend.
    really now

no kidding

sure wish i knew how to math

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 10:25 PM ----------

looks like either the fool who first showed methe forumlae was wrong or they got updated

either way

bleeding at 1434: 114.2
    burn: 678.5
    poison: 223.4
    confusion: 172.55

at least confusion has been updated since i first posted
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-08-17 at 03:19 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

Ah yea, I went back and looked at the formula and those numbers that you just posted look perfect.

Also, nice job on the OP. Haven't looked at the first page of this thread in awhile.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Ah yea, I went back and looked at the formula and those numbers that you just posted look perfect.

Also, nice job on the OP. Haven't looked at the first page of this thread in awhile.
    im gonna have to update verything
    which will be a pain in the ass

i might jsut write a program on my calculator to do it for me so i dont have to redo it all all the time

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 10:45 PM ----------

evrything SHOULD be up to date

if you want to double check the new values have at it
    The Original Ganksta

This is the build I went with the last stress test, along with stacking critical damage gear. I noticed on the dummies that power did not affect critical damage as much as I would've liked so I have very little power. My basic strategy was to immobilize once my opponent was relatively close and harass or lay down some AoE, steal to stealth, and finish with backstab and Heartseeker. I use Scorpion Wire to yank foes that are going for finishers, and withdraw and RfI to gain distance/break stun. I'm iffy about RfI, but I can't think of what to replace it with. Was thinking about using the power signet, but I didn't have time to test it out.

Thoughts? Also, what did you guys find was effective in sPvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    This is the build I went with the last stress test, along with stacking critical damage gear. I noticed on the dummies that power did not affect critical damage as much as I would've liked so I have very little power. My basic strategy was to immobilize once my opponent was relatively close and harass or lay down some AoE, steal to stealth, and finish with backstab and Heartseeker. I use Scorpion Wire to yank foes that are going for finishers, and withdraw and RfI to gain distance/break stun. I'm iffy about RfI, but I can't think of what to replace it with. Was thinking about using the power signet, but I didn't have time to test it out.

Thoughts? Also, what did you guys find was effective in sPvP?
    power wont affect crit damage, only the base damage that the crit is based off of.
    The Original Ganksta

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    power wont affect crit damage, only the base damage that the crit is based off of.
    By increase critical damage I meant the damage before the critical modifier.

So, here's a build I was playing around with on the 1hr stress test late last night and today's little 1 hour one.

Build from yesterday

Still not sure on weapon rune choices, and I can't figure out what to put on the shortbow for a rune. I was using the bleed on crit one, sigil of earth I believe, to hopefully mes with the bouncing of the shortbows number 1 attack. Not a huge fan of where's my toughness is at, but no good amulet with precision + toughness, other than rabid which has + condition, but since I'm not running venoms really, nor a whole lot of damage conditions, seemed a little pointless.

Might take out 5 trait points from Acrobatics to max out Shadow Arts; would probably take one of the two initiative gains or the health regen while in stealth. Also think I'm going to get rid of Devourer venom and grab either Ambush trap or Roll for Initiative. Although, if I wanted to try and be real aggressive I could grab Scorpion Wire...

Haven't had a lot of up time to actually play test this build, only 2-3 sPvP games. Haven't played thief since BWE2 as I was trying other classes all of BWE3 and stress tests before these last two quickies that had the character wipes. If you guys see some holes let me know. Trying to create some fun builds that aren't venomous builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post

Combines high initiative regen with damage/initiative boosting traits from the acrobatics, trickery and critical strikes tree. You should be able to do some crazy burst and sustained damage with this build. With the added bonus of fast recharging signets and the mobility and survivalism usually gained from acrobatics and trickery. Criticism welcome.
    Posted some thoughts on codex. I made a build there too if you want to take a look at it.
    Last edited by Aurinax; 2012-08-24 at 06:02 PM.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Ohh man this is going to be awesome. I have a lot to read.

Anyone got links to some viable pve builds? or are everyone just using pvp one for pve as well?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to post here asking if anyone else was dealing with this issue where I am "immune" to stealthing shortly after breaking stealth.

I read the OP for a few seconds and realized there is indeed that 3 second buffer to prevent chain-stealth. At least I know it's intended and something I can work around.

Telling me I'm immune to stealthing is a poor way to display my stealth being on cooldown though, and brings back memories of vanish in that other game.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2