Thief is my first char, and so far i love this proffesion. the only thing im wondering is, isnt there any way too control your "steal" ability? every time im stealing i need too read what im actually doing.

You mean what you steal? It comes with a bit of experience in that you'll know what each type of mob will generally give you on a steal.

I mostly use my steal for the teleport and stealth portion of it though.

Jep exatley. as a range pistol dps, it just sometimes feels weird and useless too use an ability from stealth instead of just keep dpsing the target.

Steal doesn't stealth unless you trait it...

Just look over this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steal to get an idea of what everything does, most mobs will give the same couple "special" skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Jep exatley. as a range pistol dps, it just sometimes feels weird and useless too use an ability from stealth instead of just keep dpsing the target.
    you got that wow mentality

your first ability morphs when you stealth with a pistol, a P/D build is built around teh bleed that it provides

this is depth. a lot of wow players just can't grasp the concept. most don't even know abilities in other games like gw2 morph. wow tried it but the engine had issues with it so we end up with 2 buttons for shit that new games use 1 button for

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Steal doesn't stealth unless you trait it...

Just look over this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steal to get an idea of what everything does, most mobs will give the same couple "special" skills.
    yeah, mine is traited that way, I find it invaluable on my thief

Yea I thought so but it's important to note that for newer players , I just use cnd to stealth though, since it's instant anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by schicklgruber View Post

your first ability morphs when you stealth with a pistol, a P/D build is built around teh bleed that it provides

this is depth. a lot of wow players just can't grasp the concept. most don't even know abilities in other games like gw2 morph. wow tried it but the engine had issues with it so we end up with 2 buttons for shit that new games use 1 button for
    I'm happy there's a doctor in the forums ready to diagnose people with "wow". Who knows, it might be fatal.

On a more serious note, don't be a prick. This has nothing to do with wow, all sorts of people in all sorts of games occasionally need a little help with the reason for certain builds. You could do that your way, or you could do it politely and actually help someone figure out why they are using that build they took from the internet because someone said it's OP. Dumb can be cured.

Edit:
    I'm curently leveling as : Thief

I'm not 100% sure on the traits, because I've been out of the game for about 4 months, but it's about and around the above. I'm basically playing the blind game. Using Black Powder against more than 1 foe or fast hitting foes, Heartseeker to enter Stealth, Shadow Shot against single slow hitting mobs. I generally don't get hit. Currently level 54 or 55. The build I linked is 55.

I tried playing the bleed build and sure it might grant better dps, but I love just Shadow Shooting myself across the map :P
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-09-02 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schicklgruber View Post

I have played alof of wow, i admit that, but i can easily adapt too alo o different and challenge playstyles. the reason i asked here is that i just wanted too make sure i used this aility the correct way. sinc ei havent played a stealth class before.