New PvP Character

Hey guys, so with raiding starting to wind down (in terms of time required on my main) I thought I'd fill up some free time with PvP on one of my alts. I've been leveling a Disc Priest to do some BGs and arenas with guildmates and I've got him at 83 now with about 1k+ JP and 3k or so honor.

Now, I know it's already late in the season, but what should my planned path of gearing him up be? I'm under the impression that I can use the honor I've stored at 85 to buy the PvP trink and whatever else and then transfer the JP for more honor. Also, I've got my tailor making him a bunch of the 377 gear. What should I prioritze getting though? And what about a weapon? Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not really that late in the season. We probably still have another 6-8 months of season 11.

Just grind bgs and cap at around 4k honor, get one 1650 piece, then a 2200 piece. When you get the main set then get the off pieces. It honestly doesn't matter. You're in for a long grind. By the time you get full geared, you won't want to play bgs again.

You can make the 377 gear if you want. If you do that, then get the off pieces first. Make sure you have a good gold income to enchant and gem your honor pvp gear.

yeah get him the legendary stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Graven2 View Post
    Hey guys, so with raiding starting to wind down (in terms of time required on my main) I thought I'd fill up some free time with PvP on one of my alts. I've been leveling a Disc Priest to do some BGs and arenas with guildmates and I've got him at 83 now with about 1k+ JP and 3k or so honor.

Now, I know it's already late in the season, but what should my planned path of gearing him up be? I'm under the impression that I can use the honor I've stored at 85 to buy the PvP trink and whatever else and then transfer the JP for more honor. Also, I've got my tailor making him a bunch of the 377 gear. What should I prioritze getting though? And what about a weapon? Thanks.
    After you get your trinket:

Get the two piece bonus for extra resil.
    Gloves for the reduced cd on fear

After that just get whatever gives you the best bonuses. You wont be able to do much until ur atleast full ruthless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatox View Post
    After you get your trinket:

Get the two piece bonus for extra resil.
    Gloves for the reduced cd on fear

After that just get whatever gives you the best bonuses. You wont be able to do much until ur atleast full ruthless anyway.
    What about the other resil trink? Since I can make the 377s with resil, I'm going to have absolutely nothing to use for my 2 trinks, wep and wand. Should I not prioritize resil pieces for those slots?

earlier in your pvp get as much resil as possible then stack sp. Makes your life alot easier

Deleted
    here is what you do:

1. hit 85 with your priest (if you like playing priest)
    2. don't make any 377 items they are nonsense
    3. join Battlegrounds and farm honour
    4. buy 390 PvP items
    5. when you're full 390 geard - join LFR
    6. farm some nice trinkets
    7. Join Arena

have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    here is what you do:

1. hit 85 with your priest (if you like playing priest)
    2. don't make any 377 items they are nonsense
    3. join Battlegrounds and farm honour
    4. buy 390 PvP items
    5. when you're full 390 geard - join LFR
    6. farm some nice trinkets

7. Join Arena

have fun
    Pretty terrible advice. If you don't have enough honor by the time you are 85 (honor + JP conversion) to fully gear, PLEASE, for the sake of your teammates, PLEASE DO craft the 377 pvp gear for yourself that you are missing. I'd say you are correct, use your honor to buy the pieces that you cannot cover with the 377 crafted. Then start replacing the crafted with ruthless gear as you get more honor.

Also, as disc, it's not like you need the sweet trinkets that rogues/hunters/whatever need from PVE to be good. Get the PVP trinkets for more resil, you'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by kewidogg View Post
    Also, as disc, it's not like you need the sweet trinkets that rogues/hunters/whatever need from PVE to be good. Get the PVP trinkets for more resil, you'll need it.
    Yeah, that's been my thinking as well. My only concern is a weapon. I can buy the two trinkets right off the bat at 85 and use blue crafted for everything else...but my lack of weapon will be a HUGE gap. How long until I can even get a PvP one? I might need to run through LFR for that reason alone.

Deleted
    ahh i see intersting