Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Blasphemies, sir.
    Spoken like a true gentleman. Never shall I mix good whiskey with anything but a splash of water to bring out the aroma and flavor.

  2. #22
    Banned jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria/Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Spoken like a true gentleman. Never shall I mix good whiskey with anything but a splash of water to bring out the aroma and flavor.
    But Hennessy is cognac, not whisky :/ regardless, I take mine neat, palm-warmed in an oversized snifter

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    But Hennessy is cognac, not whisky :/ regardless, I take mine neat, palm-warmed in an oversized snifter
    My apologies, I was contemplating pouring a snifter of scotch when I was typing that up.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    But Hennessy is cognac, not whisky :/ regardless, I take mine neat, palm-warmed in an oversized snifter
    Cognac, like whiskey, like scotch, should not be sullied.


  5. #25
    Dreadlord Rakeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The realm of Torment
    Posts
    883
    Well, I personally like advanced physics and darker literature. Do those count as "finer"?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Cognac, like whiskey, like scotch, should not be sullied.
    I allow the slightest splash of water with whiskey. It helps to liven up the aromas and flavors and permits a cleaner appreciation of what makes up the booze in question.

    ---------- Post added 2012-02-23 at 09:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    Well, I personally like advanced physics and darker literature. Do those count as "finer"?
    Finer Things implies guilty pleasures. I don't think physics fits the criteria of this club, but the literature does. What sort of literature do you enjoy?

  7. #27
    I would like to expound upon jackofwind's exposition with an example of my own.

    I am a busy man. These days I rarely have time to enjoy the finer things in life. Between work, family and starting a business, my brain is so preoccupied with what it perceives to be the necessary things in life that it will not make time for the finer things in life. My bowels on the other hand, fully understand the delicate balance that must be kept in life and thus, I can always rely on my bowels to make time for me to enjoy the finer things in life. You see when my bowels call to me in that strange language we understand as nature, I know that in mere moments I will be able to remove myself from whatever mundane task I am currently occupying myself with, and whisk myself away to a fantasy land with a plot that has more turns than my small intestine.

    You see friends, I read on the toilet. I don't just read, I absorb. For those glorious 3-7 minutes, I am not on the toilet, but in another world. Sometimes I read so much on the toilet, I look into the bowl after I'm done and expect to see not the brown tapestry of victory tattooed across my bowl, but the words of some desperate queen trying to save her dying kingdom. No matter how stressed, bored or busy I am, I can always count on my bowels to make time for me to enjoy the finer things in life...

    ... especially if it's spicy chili night.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    I would like to expound upon jackofwind's exposition with an example of my own.

    I am a busy man. These days I rarely have time to enjoy the finer things in life. Between work, family and starting a business, my brain is so preoccupied with what it perceives to be the necessary things in life that it will not make time for the finer things in life. My bowels on the other hand, fully understand the delicate balance that must be kept in life and thus, I can always rely on my bowels to make time for me to enjoy the finer things in life. You see when my bowels call to me in that strange language we understand as nature, I know that in mere moments I will be able to remove myself from whatever mundane task I am currently occupying myself with, and whisk myself away to a fantasy land with a plot that has more turns than my small intestine.

    You see friends, I read on the toilet. I don't just read, I absorb. For those glorious 3-7 minutes, I am not on the toilet, but in another world. Sometimes I read so much on the toilet, I look into the bowl after I'm done and expect to see not the brown tapestry of victory tattooed across my bowl, but the words of some desperate queen trying to save her dying kingdom. No matter how stressed, bored or busy I am, I can always count on my bowels to make time for me to enjoy the finer things in life...

    ... especially if it's spicy chili night.
    Welcome to the club.

  9. #29
    Dreadlord Rakeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The realm of Torment
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    Well, I personally like advanced physics and darker literature. Do those count as "finer"?
    I <3 lovecraft
    And I just finished V for vendetta

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    I allow the slightest splash of water with whiskey. It helps to liven up the aromas and flavors and permits a cleaner appreciation of what makes up the booze in question.
    Something like that is fine. I, personally, do not do that but I understand why people do it.


  11. #31
    Lovecraft is something I really wanted to let myself fall into and become immersed in. I received a copy of a bunch of Lovecraft tales from my wife with tons of annotations and notes in the back. Throughout the stories there would be numbered notes that would reference the back and give some further insight/context into what he was thinking/trying to express when he wrote the story. Unfortunately these notes were so insightful that I couldn't simply ignore them and let myself get into it, so every few pages I found myself breaking the flow of the story to be pulled to the back of the book for additional explanation.

    Somewhat like Popup Video, but in book form.

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord xylophone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,173
    My favorite band has a strings section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

  13. #33
    I've been known to enjoy a piramides millenium and a Middleton VR every now and then.

  14. #34
    i love fog and rain, they are such peaceful combination can literally drain all the bad feelings from my person
    there was this day who also was my birthday and i was by the bridge of my town with my sister and it was raining and we could see the fog by the mountains, it was a simple day but yet one of the best
    sadly it's hard to have fog and rain here those late days....

  15. #35
    Dreadlord Duruka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    747
    Would sleeping count?

    Curling up with a good book in my warm bed, after an exhausting day of work. Slowly drifting off to sleep, with my cat purring softly beside me. Then waking up a few hours later, tired and angry that I have to go work soon. But then I glance at my clock, and realize it's 6 a.m. on a Saturday morning. Time to go back to sleep until noon.

    I also enjoy classical music and chocolate.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-02-25 at 12:34 AM.

  16. #36
    To me it is all about old books. The bindings. The ink. The paper texture and even in some cases the glues all have a different tactile feel and a different smell that can give detail into the books age (mainly stemming from the glues/ink). There are few things finer then these tomes that contain our societies literary works.
    Last edited by Sealbinder; 2012-02-24 at 08:13 PM.

  17. #37
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by drockrock View Post
    Lovecraft is something I really wanted to let myself fall into and become immersed in. I received a copy of a bunch of Lovecraft tales from my wife with tons of annotations and notes in the back. Throughout the stories there would be numbered notes that would reference the back and give some further insight/context into what he was thinking/trying to express when he wrote the story. Unfortunately these notes were so insightful that I couldn't simply ignore them and let myself get into it, so every few pages I found myself breaking the flow of the story to be pulled to the back of the book for additional explanation.

    Somewhat like Popup Video, but in book form.
    Ah, yes! Nothing like H. P. Lovecraft whilst drinking teas!

  18. #38
    Bloodsail Admiral Ms Andry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North of the law
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Something like that is fine. I, personally, do not do that but I understand why people do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

  19. #39
    I drink a glass of French Vanilla black tea every morning, hot of course. While I listen to classical music and read Lovecraft. I also enjoy chocolate, on occasion. I prefer milk chocolate over dark, though.

  20. #40
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,760
    My, what a wonderful evening we are having my fine compatriots!


    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •