help!!! demo on heroic warmaster strategy, is it viable? please help

my guild was using a dk for the sapper, but the dk quit.

so instead they are having me use axe toss to deal with the sapper. i am being forced to leave my felgaurd out for the entire first phase. they are relying on axe toss to be enough to stop the sapper while range kill it. this is proving very difficult, and not working too well. also, my dps is really hurting bc of this.

the next issue is that im doing about half of the damage on the sapper as everyone else. my guess is bc dots and pet dmg (felhunter ehem) does about 50% of our damage. also, meta is not active during sappers so i am without meta, pet, and dots for the sapper. doing half the damage of other players seems about right to me.

am i crazy or is my guild crazy?

As a demo lock all of your dps revolves around either AoE or a large ramp-up time, don't expect to be topping meters on the sappers. Try destro if you don't need the spellpower buff? You get shadowfury which is the same as the felguard stun and it won't hurt your dps. Bane of havoc is nice too.

If there's anyone else with a stun that'd probably be a better option, but I don't know your raid comp

As for doing more damage to the sappers? You go ahead and tell them I said "lol"

Deleted
    Shadowfury is awesome, and if you need to you can spec into the daze effect from Conflagrate as destruction. Also, BoH on Goriona as she flies past is amazing + Nether Ward for soaking barrages and Onslaughts

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    If there's anyone else with a stun that'd probably be a better option, but I don't know your raid comp

As for doing more damage to the sappers? You go ahead and tell them I said "lol"
    our best attempt was 10% and that was with the dk, it was our only time to keep everyone alive to phase 2. when the dk left we regressed (i think that is the opposite of progress). so much so that we arent even seeing phase 2 that much

the fight is made for dks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    This made me giggle.

But back to topic. Destro would be better than demo. Shadowfury is up every time, plus the burst of immolate + conflag, plus the extra stun if you talent it.

---------- Post added 2012-02-24 at 12:56 AM ----------

I also hear the sapper can be stunned while faded out with shadowfury? Never tried it personally, since we rely on my stun :x

Suggest your hunter go BM and intimidate the sapper every time he comes out, and see what kind of response that gets you. I find it somewhat incredulous that the task has fallen to the DEMO LOCK to stun/snare the sapper. You have no hunter? No boomkin with snared mushrooms? No rogue to kidney shot? no paladin that can HoJ?

demo is absolutely terrible for warmaster heroic. yea, you're providing the spellpower buff, but besides that you're really not doing anything in this fight. I play destro here, shadowfury is absolutely awesome for stunning the sappers, also bane of havoc + coe on valiona ( i know that's not her name, but i think you know what im trying to say here ) at the beginning of the fight is really really good and provides a sweet dps boost throughout the whole fight.

even if it means your raid will lack the 4% extra spellpower, you should still go destro on this fight, it's absolutely worth it and outweighs the disadvantages (missing buff).
    as for damage on the sapper: even if you play demo, using metamorphosis for this is a huge waste. your raid should easily have enough dps to kill it, it has only 500k hp or something like that, which isn't a lot at all. as demo you won't do too well on the sappers, so dont feel bad if your damage here isnt good; it's not supposed to be. but with destro you can actually shine on dpsing the sappers, just throw up immolate on them while they are being dropped off and conflag + 3x incinerate (if it even comes to that) while theyre running after you stunned them with shadowfury, works very well.
    Last edited by Jainzar; 2012-02-24 at 07:21 AM.

yes gracful since shadowfury is a targeted aoe spell it has the advantage of being able to hitthe Sapper while he isn't visible if you can predict where hes gonna be

Do neither of your tanks have the capacity to stun it?

We do this with only tank stuns - warrior+pally in our case.

Our dps are too meter hungry to waste valuable pet/gcd's on stuns when we can make the tanks do it