Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That actually sounds a bit frustrating. It would make more sense, imo, for it to last a certain amount of time, rather than a certain amount of uses. Blaaaah.
    I agree. It's a shame, =\

  2. #202
    While charges seems a bit too low, at least weapons probably won't be useless considering so low amount of them.
    The Mists of Pandaria coming on September 25

  3. #203
    The amount of charges doesn't seem too bad 15 attacks (25with traits) for a 1 min CD. Also considering you can pick up 2 of them if you are solo or your allies don't notice. SO thats 30/50 charges on a 1min CD.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

  4. #204
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    The amount of charges doesn't seem too bad 15 attacks (25with traits) for a 1 min CD. Also considering you can pick up 2 of them if you are solo or your allies don't notice. SO thats 30/50 charges on a 1min CD.
    When you conjure the weapons, I'm pretty sure the second one is conjured onto the ground as an "environmental weapon"

    I suppose so long as the event you're working on doesn't move you away from that general area, there's a chance you could grab the second one.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  5. #205
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    When you conjure the weapons, I'm pretty sure the second one is conjured onto the ground as an "environmental weapon"

    I suppose so long as the event you're working on doesn't move you away from that general area, there's a chance you could grab the second one.
    Yeh, I saw that in a vid. You target a location, weapon drops there while you automatically equip one. I don't know how long it takes for that one weapon to despawn though.

  6. #206
    In a video I watched the person got disconnected when they summoned the weapon, the one they were holding was gone, but the other one was still there by the time they logged back in. So they probably last a reasonable amount of time.
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

  7. #207
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    This'll be my summoning build for mucking about as a support in W^3.



    And this for proper, structured PvP. Possibly PvE as well.



    Subject to change.

  8. #208
    I'd love to see yogcast or TB showing all elementalist traits :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Biscuit
    I don't want the game nerfed to my level,
    I want to rise myself to the level of the game.

  9. #209
    Does anybody else find that dagger/focus is more "melee useful" than dagger/dagger?
    At start i wanted to go dagger/dagger, but the dagger OH has some (wont say useless, since all are useful, but...) "less useful skills than the focus one, especially the Ring of fire. The Obsidian Flesh and Swirling winds (focus) are really useful against ranged attacks which might be a problem for ele melee imho

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That actually sounds a bit frustrating. It would make more sense, imo, for it to last a certain amount of time, rather than a certain amount of uses. Blaaaah.
    I actually prefer it to be users rather than time. I don't want to be forced into combat I'm not ready for just because my hammer is about to run out. It would be interesting to play a support elementalist with a staff in PvP, and then whenever you get caught alone conjure a new weapon...

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 12:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    Does anybody else find that dagger/focus is more "melee useful" than dagger/dagger?
    At start i wanted to go dagger/dagger, but the dagger OH has some (wont say useless, since all are useful, but...) "less useful skills than the focus one, especially the Ring of fire. The Obsidian Flesh and Swirling winds (focus) are really useful against ranged attacks which might be a problem for ele melee imho
    Focus seems to be defense/control oriented. Dagger OH seems to be mobility/damage oriented.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashar View Post
    I'd love to see yogcast or TB showing all elementalist traits :<
    How's this? (you'll need to make it full-screen to read it)



    Someone get those trait calculators updated!

  12. #212
    Hey guys, what do you think of my new builds using some of the new traits we learned about? I am stuck in beteen a tankier/signet using ele and a full offense arcane ele. Both are farily air/fire dependent and crit dependent.

    Build 1: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0g0h0m0s0s0u09Missing new trait 1. Air Trainng(10% more dmg in Air attunement)

    Build 2: http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0uu00a0g0h0m09 Missing new traits are 1. Air Training(10% more dmg in Air attunement) 2. Arcane Lightning (3% more crit with each Arcane spell equipped) 3. Arcane Mastery (Reduced recharge of all arcane spells by 20%)
    Last edited by sethers656; 2012-03-29 at 05:48 AM.

  13. #213
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    Focus seems to be defense/control oriented. Dagger OH seems to be mobility/damage oriented.
    The Focus is sorta considered the "shield" for casters. It's the defensive magical tool.

    Dagger OH, however, seems a lot more varied.

    Dagger OH fire = more damage stuff. (also deals with burning)
    Dagger OH water = defensive aura and a healing utility (condition removal too!)
    Dagger OH air = mobility (both yours, and an enemy's, kekeke)
    Dagger OH earth = AoE damage/control


    Edit: Looking at it more closely, though, I don't think the Focus is really THAT defensive.

    Focus fire = flamewall + an aura that inflicts burning on attackers
    Focus water = enemy control + a location AoE damage that dazes (a delayed interrupt?)
    Focus air = enemy control + projectile defense
    Focus earth = defensive armor + condition removal/projectile reflection (magnetic wave, imo, does too much!)

    The only theme here, really, is that dagger is "close range" while focus is "medium range" - as they both have similar utilities.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-29 at 08:46 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

    Edit: Looking at it more closely, though, I don't think the Focus is really THAT defensive.

    Focus fire = flamewall + an aura that inflicts burning on attackers
    Focus water = enemy control + a location AoE damage that dazes (a delayed interrupt?)
    Focus air = enemy control + projectile defense
    Focus earth = defensive armor + condition removal/projectile reflection (magnetic wave, imo, does too much!)

    The only theme here, really, is that dagger is "close range" while focus is "medium range" - as they both have similar utilities.
    I think that can be considered defensive. Controlling/restricting movement and shields that reduce/cause damage against attacks. In my eyes everything the focus does is defensive, It's just not all damage reduction.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

  15. #215
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I think that can be considered defensive. Controlling/restricting movement and shields that reduce/cause damage against attacks. In my eyes everything the focus does is defensive, It's just not all damage reduction.
    Both of which, btw, the dagger has. In fact, I would argue that the Dagger OH has more control than the Focus does because of the AoE moves in earth attunement, and the fact that the defensive aura also chills attackers (turn that on when it's time to run away, and there's arrows coming your way? Mwahahaha!)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  16. #216
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#el;pX...eda;Ybaa;YTeWZ

    Soo hard to pick up traits when you want to use all elements, not focusing on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Biscuit
    I don't want the game nerfed to my level,
    I want to rise myself to the level of the game.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashar View Post
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#el;pX...eda;Ybaa;YTeWZ

    Soo hard to pick up traits when you want to use all elements, not focusing on one.
    I dont understand your build AT ALL. Did it get linked wrong? You have 2 signets and 2 glyphs that you didnt trait at all. You got the fire trait that does burning on crit, but didnt go into air for extra crit. And you split up for points 5/5 getting an extra minor over a major which is just inefficiency. You took the water trait for extra damage above 90%, but if you watch videos most people dont stay over 90% most of the time.


    It just doesnt seem like your build synnergizes well at all.

    Check out my build here:
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#el;pk...aaa;Ybaa;YVeUY

    Notice how I take 4 useful signets and then get 2 traits that benefit ALL of them? This way, I can focus on D/D Fire/Air skills, Keep them on CD for max damage, use my signets while still keeping the awesome passives, and switch into earth when I need to cripple/have more armor.

    It is better to focus on a few elements instead of trying to use every single one, while putting traits to get the msot use out of them.

  18. #218
    I didn't really like the Elementalist traits much, they're kind of turning me off from it.

  19. #219
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I didn't really like the Elementalist traits much, they're kind of turning me off from it.
    In my case, I'm just having a hard time even deciding WHAT to trait. I already know what skills I'd like to use.

    I think I'm just going to have to play the professions and use the skills to really decide what traits benefit my playstyle best. I also need to decide, for every class, just how badly I need improved endurance generation.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    In my case, I'm just having a hard time even deciding WHAT to trait. I already know what skills I'd like to use.

    I think I'm just going to have to play the professions and use the skills to really decide what traits benefit my playstyle best. I also need to decide, for every class, just how badly I need improved endurance generation.
    I imagine the cloth classes will want a lot more active mitigation like dodge, CDs, ect. since they have such a small health pool. I think an Ele has like half that of a warrior.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •